XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) 1996 - 2006
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone know of any "hidden" rim/wheel dealers?

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2011, 05:20 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Anyone know of any "hidden" rim/wheel dealers?

All:

I need to replace one of my front rims on my 2002 XKR 100. It's a BBS Montreal, 20" (I believe it's 9" wide...) Unfortunately, Jaguar no longer carries them and BBS no longer makes them. My mechanic has tried all the Jaguar shops he knows of and...nothing. Anyone know of any shops or dealers out there who have these in stock?

Thanks in advance!

Dave

Old 07-17-2011, 05:58 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Try Wheel Collision Center in Bath, PA.

They specialize in collecting, refurbishing and reselling OE wheels for a number of makes, including all the high-end stuff. I just purchased four 18x9 Double Five wheels from them last week, after having no luck finding them anywhere else.

Here's a link to their Jag page: Wheel Collision Center

They don't have everything in stock on this page, and when I called on the Double Fives, they didn't have them. However, they were able to locate four wheels in their network. They brought them into their shop, took three days to clean them up and paint them, and I'm here to tell you the wheels looked fresh out of the factory when I got them last week. Total time from first call to Double Fives on my car...about 10-11 days. And the price was right...$ 295 a pop. Full return policy, and they even found four nice Jag center caps for me.

I was very pleased with the transaction. Recommended.

The following users liked this post:
Dave S (07-17-2011)
Old 07-17-2011, 06:27 PM

THANKS! They do have them listed on their webpage. I sent an e-mail and will call in the morning to see if they have any in stock.

Thank you!

Dave

Old 07-17-2011, 06:30 PM
Veteran Member
Received 539 Likes on 402 Posts

I tried a few of the refurbishers/resellers when I needed to replace my rear Montreal and, while they list these wheels on their websites, they do not actually have them. One of the resellers I called (maybe it was that one in Pennsylvania) said they have rarely seen these. I wonder why they bother to post on their site then.

Anyway, when I called the parts guy at the local Jaguar dealer he had quoted me a price and said pretty confidently that he could get these in a few days. I am not sure where he would have gotten them but perhaps they are somehow available through Jaguar sources.

Doug

Old 07-18-2011, 02:23 AM
Veteran Member
Received 580 Likes on 477 Posts

As a little tip (I have done this myself many times) if all that is damaged is the rim, buy ANY 20" BBS wheel and swap the drums, they are all the same. Depending on front and rear of course!

Paris are not so liked and often come up on Ebay (I actually like them) and you can buy them quite cheaply, you then have all the bolts and the valve bolt as spares which is very handy

Old 07-18-2011, 08:47 AM

Doug-

Well, unfortunately, you're right on this one. I got a quick reply back from the dealer and they said these are "extremely rare" and suggested I contact Jaguar directly to find one. "Big Jaguar" was the first place my mechanic checked when he started looking for a new wheel, and they can't help. Ouch!

XKRacer - the issue is the wheel is warped from hitting a bad pothole. I'm not sure if swapping out will fix it, but I can certainly suggest that idea to my mechanic. Thanks!

Dave

Old 07-18-2011, 03:09 PM
Veteran Member
Received 443 Likes on 314 Posts

Originally Posted by Carolina XK8
Try Wheel Collision Center in Bath, PA.

They specialize in collecting, refurbishing and reselling OE wheels for a number of makes, including all the high-end stuff. I just purchased four 18x9 Double Five wheels from them last week, after having no luck finding them anywhere else.

Here's a link to their Jag page: Wheel Collision Center
This place is about 50 miles from here, as the crow flies. They are definitely the "go to" guys around here for wheel work.

I've heard a few complaints about price, but never a complaint about quality.

FWIW.