XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) 1996 - 2006

Autoenginuity new user questions

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2014, 02:03 PM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Autoenginuity new user questions

I received my Autoenginuity software with the Jaguar enhancement this week. I have two items I'm trying to pull codes on and can't get either one...need a little help to figure out what I'm doing wrong.

2003 Jaguar XKR

Problem 1 -Adaptive Cruise Control getting an intermittent "cruise not ready" immediately followed by " forward alert on". Then, everything clears and cruise works again for a few seconds, then the whole process repeats itself. When I plug in the Autoenginuity software and select non-OBDII systems (Jaguar-Specific) I get a whole list of systems to test and cruise control isn't one of them...how to I get to the test to pull the codes?

Problem 2 - Parking aid module ...this system is listed as a choice, but when I choose it, I get " communications could not be established with the controller". So, no testing is available.

If any of you Autoenginuity veterans can help, I'd appreciate it.

Old 01-30-2014, 05:33 PM
Received 48 Likes on 36 Posts

I can't help with these specific questions but I do have and use autoenginuity and when I have had problems such as this I have emailed them and they have always been helpful.

Old 01-30-2014, 05:52 PM

Thanks for the response, I went out this afternoon and switched the Parking Aid module with an extra one I bought off of eBay and and even though it didn't fix the problem at least now Autoenginuity will talk to the module. It reports 3 out of 4 reverse sensors aren't functioning, so I think I'll check connections to each sensor and see if I can resurrect them.

As for the adaptive cruise problem, I spoke with an Autoenginuity rep on the phone today and he tried to be helpful, but honestly, was pretty short with me when I couldn't answer his questions about which CAN system is related to the adaptive cruise control. Their website plainly states that the Jaguar-enhanced software supports 13 adaptive cruise control diagnostic trouble codes, I just don't know how to access the system yet. So, I will do some research tonight and call them back tomorrow and see if I can get some answers.

Old 01-31-2014, 01:33 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,538 Likes on 3,947 Posts

They probably don't know exactly which year car from which maker has which CAN or whatever - how could they? But you could look at the electrical guide for your specific car. It has a network section and that shows which module is on which network (CAN, SCP, etc). If (that's if!) it's on CAN then it's the HS CAN kind. It might be on 2 networks so look carefully.

Old 01-31-2014, 07:02 AM

Thank you, that sounds like a good place to start. I think I assumed that since the software found practically every other system/module so easily that there must be some trick to finding the adaptive cruise module. I did buy the JTIS CD this week, hopefully it will arrive soon and I can start checking the diagrams.

Thanks!

Old 01-31-2014, 07:08 AM
GGG
Received 16,864 Likes on 12,186 Posts

Originally Posted by Johnny Rockit
...........I did buy the JTIS CD this week, hopefully it will arrive soon and I can start checking the diagrams.
Buy!

It's available for download from this link:

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/g...rchives-65926/

Graham

Old 01-31-2014, 07:56 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,108 Likes on 764 Posts

Sorry about your poor customer service experience.

I checked this morning, and it doesn't show the adaptive cruise module in my list either. They get their data from AllData, because, like JagV8 said, they couldn't realistically test all of the possible makes, models and options.

If AllData is incorrect or incomplete, then they probably won't have it configured properly to communicate with that module.

I had a good experience the last time I had an issue and talked to them. I actually visited in person as they are just up the road in Mesa, and helped to beta test a fix. I'll see about submitting a bug report but in the near term, you probably won't be able to talk to that module with AutoEnginuity.

Old 01-31-2014, 08:43 AM

I'll be a little disappointed if that's the case since the adaptive cruise diagnostics is the primary reason I purchased the software (at this point anyway). On the Autoenginuity website, under Jaguar-enhanced, it does list 13 adaptive cruise sensors supported...

ACC Sensors commands top
Automatic Alignment Offset Control Module Status
Electronic Alignment Offset Front Alert High Tone
Front Alert Low Tone Front Alert Switch LED Status
Front Alert Switch Position Status Number Of Permanent Diagnostic Trouble Codes
Primary Target Angle Primary Target Range
Primary Target Range Rate Switched Ignition Voltage
Yaw Rate Value

If I could get to whatever area tests these sensors, it would at least be a start! Thanks for the replies and I will get to studying the diagrams.

Have a good one!

Old 01-31-2014, 10:01 AM
Veteran Member

The list of sensors on the web site is not year specific, and if you pick a 2007 model, then there is a cruise control module listed.

I dropped them a note about the module not being in the list, will see what they have to say bout adding it.

Old 01-31-2014, 11:16 AM

Thanks, Charlie. In the meantime, I'll be checking connections and such in hopes that it is something simple.

Old 01-31-2014, 11:37 AM
Veteran Member

I reported a bug a while back and they sent me a temporary EXE to see if it fixed it. It did and they kept the fix in more recent releases so they may offer to do something similar if you ask. I guess it helps when they have someone willing to be a tester in return for getting the feature (or bug fix).

Old 01-31-2014, 02:07 PM
Veteran Member

They did something similar for me too, and replaced my dongle that their patch toasted for free. They later gave me the new Proline dongle for free that didn't need the internal hack to make some of the SCP modules work.

But, past good experiences aside, this was the response to my bug submission:

Charlie,

It is unlikely that a system will be added to a vehicle of that age.

Bill
AutoEnginuity Technical/Sales Support

Old 01-31-2014, 04:05 PM
Veteran Member

Oh dear. May as well go JLR Mongoose.