Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bluetooth ???

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2011, 07:30 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Bluetooth ???

I'll give it another shot -

Does anyone know if Bluetooth is standard in the XKR? I have a microphone, speaker, phone buttons and a Bluetooth manual among my other manuals, however, I cannot synch up my cell phone to the car.

Does the car also need a phone module of some sort? Maybe I don't understand Bluetooth - I thought it just conveyed phone operation through the car's audio system, but maybe it's instead a transfer of your cell phone to the car's phone.

I would be grateful to be educated.

How can I check if I have a phone module? Where would it be hiding?

Thanks

Last edited by JamesWalker; 05-17-2011 at 09:11 PM.
Old 05-17-2011, 10:12 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,988 Likes on 2,125 Posts

Originally Posted by JamesWalker
I'll give it another shot -

Does anyone know if Bluetooth is standard in the XKR? I have a microphone, speaker, phone buttons and a Bluetooth manual among my other manuals, however, I cannot synch up my cell phone to the car.

Does the car also need a phone module of some sort? Maybe I don't understand Bluetooth - I thought it just conveyed phone operation through the car's audio system, but maybe it's instead a transfer of your cell phone to the car's phone.

I would be grateful to be educated.

How can I check if I have a phone module? Where would it be hiding?

Thanks
Call a dealer with your VIN #. He can confirm the options you have.

Bluetooth does just convey the the phone into the audio system, but you do need the proper module. You can purchase the module if it is not installed.

Old 05-18-2011, 06:36 AM
Received 48 Likes on 38 Posts

If you have the speaker installed on your headliner, I think you have the factory Bluetooth. I have it on my 2006 also.

When I bought the car from the dealer last November we couldn't get the Bluetooth to work. Couldn't get the phone to link up with the car.

They found the Bluetooth module was faulty. Had to put in a new one. Had to send to England to get it (took a few days). Didn't cost me anything. Bet it would have been expensive if it was on my dime.

When the Bluetooth works it is great. It has some hiccups. Sometimes you place a call and it doesn't seem to go through. Dial again and it works. But the first call you thought was faulty actually rang the phone of the person called - they answer and you are not there. It can annoy the person called. Ask me how I know.

Jack

Jack