XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) 1996 - 2006

BLUETOOTH adaptor

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2020, 09:46 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Tape works ok

I used for awhile but Jag radios are not the best. Ive had two in my 99 and now that one has died. Going to do a Kenwood as soon as i figure how to do a adapter plate that know one seems to make.

Old 04-02-2021, 03:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default STL for 3D printing

have you got the stl for this please? I’d love to do the same!?

Originally Posted by crbass
At the end of the 'Christmas Break' and finally getting around to things that aren't leaking... My wife wasn't satisfied with my bluetooth music solution (jag-cd from discountcarstereo.com) and actually wanted a handsfree system in hers. So, acquired the enhanced, handsfree system from discountcarstereo.com (jagcd-hf). Since it needed a mic and a button, it presented a dilemma. Where to put them?

There have been some solutions posted for the mic and for the button, but I prefer them to be completely inobtrusive. So, it turns out that the discountcarstereo mic can be stuffed into the overhead console in the gap behind the passenger airbag sensor towards the driver. Works great, sound quality good. See picture below.

Location of the microphone in header console. Cable run in front of header, down interior of A-pillar, across the top of the driver footwell into the console.

Since my wife doesn't smoke anything, she suggested giving up the ashtray. So, I drilled a hole in the front of the ashtray enclosure for the cables, machined an insert out of ABS plastic (colored the color of the car, as requested) to hold the button and an aux USB connector. See below. All as inobtrusive as I want, and she is now as accessible to the phone as she appears to want. Also, she still has a lighter so she can still start smoking if she brings an aux ash tray.

New 'Carnival Red" button/USB insert.

Old 04-05-2021, 10:49 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,684 Likes on 1,000 Posts

Just installed the discountcarstereo.com A2D-JAG98 bluetooth this weekend. Appears to work great, even at earsplitting volume. No obviously great place, however, for the remote. So, I installed it on top of the cigar lighter that I will surely never use to light cigars since I have a good one .......”
^^^^^ +1. This is one I’m using. It’s a breeze to install via the amp in the trunk. About 2 hours total including a beverage break

in my opinion the sound quality of this wired in adapter is far far superior to the type which use an FM station to catch the Bluetooth signal.

Z

The following 2 users liked this post by zray:
claudeh (04-16-2021), crbass (04-06-2021)
Old 04-16-2021, 06:09 AM
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

At the end of the 'Christmas Break' and finally getting around to things that aren't leaking... My wife wasn't satisfied with my bluetooth music solution (jag-cd from discountcarstereo.com) and actually wanted a handsfree system in hers. So, acquired the enhanced, handsfree system from discountcarstereo.com (jagcd-hf). Since it needed a mic and a button, it presented a dilemma. Where to put them?

There have been some solutions posted for the mic and for the button, but I prefer them to be completely inobtrusive. So, it turns out that the discountcarstereo mic can be stuffed into the overhead console in the gap behind the passenger airbag sensor towards the driver. Works great, sound quality good. See picture below.

Location of the microphone in header console. Cable run in front of header, down interior of A-pillar, across the top of the driver footwell into the console.

Since my wife doesn't smoke anything, she suggested giving up the ashtray. So, I drilled a hole in the front of the ashtray enclosure for the cables, machined an insert out of ABS plastic (colored the color of the car, as requested) to hold the button and an aux USB connector. See below. All as inobtrusive as I want, and she is now as accessible to the phone as she appears to want. Also, she still has a lighter so she can still start smoking if she brings an aux ash tray.

New 'Carnival Red" button/USB insert.
Hey,
Was thinking about the same solution for mic installation, great suggestion! What about the difficulty on cabling inside the roof and back to the trunk, any pics, and or hints? Thanks a lot!!!

ATM there is no stock for https://www.discountcarstereo.com/a2diy-jag98.html so I am in "wating list"

Hope to get it soon.

Cheers

Old 04-16-2021, 06:59 AM
Veteran Member
Received 925 Likes on 456 Posts

Originally Posted by claudeh
Hey,
Was thinking about the same solution for mic installation, great suggestion! What about the difficulty on cabling inside the roof and back to the trunk, any pics, and or hints? Thanks a lot!!!
Unfortunately, no additional pictures, but the electronics box for this goes inside the center console, and the wires to the CD changer go to the boot/trunk which is straightforward. Pull to the back under the rear seat, up the right side under the trim and through the tunnel at the right side of the roof where all of the other wires go. The video to remove the center console is helpful here except he has the metal brackets that hold the shift surround wood backwards.

The button comes directly off of the electronics box, so can be placed almost anywhere. More recently, I have replaced the plastic piece that held the button and USB connection with a finished wood piece in paduak. Now that I have found suitable pieces of walnut burl, I probably will replace that again at some point in the future.

The single wire to the mic can be snaked under the trim in the driver footwell to the left side, inside the A-pillar trim without removing anything. I loosened the screws to the header to make it easier to snake under the header trim and the header console needs to be removed to put the mic into the position shown in the pictures above.

Good luck with it.

Old 04-16-2021, 11:15 AM
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Smile

Unfortunately, no additional pictures, but the electronics box for this goes inside the center console, and the wires to the CD changer go to the boot/trunk which is straightforward. Pull to the back under the rear seat, up the right side under the trim and through the tunnel at the right side of the roof where all of the other wires go. The video to remove the center console is helpful here except he has the metal brackets that hold the shift surround wood backwards.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gU8QeZWoWr0

The button comes directly off of the electronics box, so can be placed almost anywhere. More recently, I have replaced the plastic piece that held the button and USB connection with a finished wood piece in paduak. Now that I have found suitable pieces of walnut burl, I probably will replace that again at some point in the future.

The single wire to the mic can be snaked under the trim in the driver footwell to the left side, inside the A-pillar trim without removing anything. I loosened the screws to the header to make it easier to snake under the header trim and the header console needs to be removed to put the mic into the position shown in the pictures above.

Good luck with it.

Thanks a lot!!!
Ill see if they produce the part and then bring it home. Maybe I can take some pics for installation.

Thanks again.

The following users liked this post:
crbass (04-16-2021)