XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) 1996 - 2006

Breather tube P/N for the ZF-6HP26?

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2024, 05:56 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,442 Likes on 772 Posts
Default Breather tube P/N for the ZF-6HP26?

I stopped by the shop today because I remembered that when I replaced my octopus hose a few months ago, I slipped and ended up breaking the transmission breather tube. At the time I had to get the car out of my mother-in-law's garage as quick as possible. To get by, I spliced in a new section of fuel hose with the breather tube. I tried finding the part number online to replace it after the fact but never could find it, much less someone who sells it. So far, the splice has been holding up.

Having remembered that, I asked if the mechanic if he can replace the vent tube? He said sure he can, they just need to order the part. He sent me to the cashier who would look it up. The cashier/secretary tried looking up the part number in their system but she also couldn't locate it. She said that will as their boss about it. She says he is much more knowledgeable than she is and he may have better luck finding it through their suppliers. Unfortunately, the boss wasn't there at the moment because of a family emergency. She left him a note.

Does anyone know the part number of the ZF-6HP26 breather tube that runs along the top of the transmission from the main body of the transmission to the Bell-housing area? It's a small, thin, plastic tube. If it isn't available, does anyone know of a suitable alternative? Before I spliced it, I had tried initially to use a fuel hose section (I can't remember the diameter, but quite thin). Although it fit inside, it was too flexible and wouldn't lock with the O-rings in the breather vent holes.

Something noteworthy, my car must be the only one that didn't have a loose oil-galley plug when I asked the mechanic about it. He showed me and indeed it was tight.