XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) 1996 - 2006

British Parts UK - Any experience with them?

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2019 | 08:37 AM
|
Veteran Member
Default British Parts UK - Any experience with them?

Hello all.

I found this group that sources lots of Jaguar parts (some kind rare or hard to find)... There prices are good, almost to good. You know what they say about something being to good to be true.

I did order, receive and install a set of lower shock mounts for the xk8 from them a while back. Great price. Seem ok.

Does anyone know or have any experience with this company and its parts?

https://www.britishparts.co.uk

Old 08-09-2019 | 11:21 AM
Veteran Member
Default Good experiences with British Parts, UK

In Bahrain, Richard of British Parts has come through on international deliveries on standard parts, with some good pre-packed value kits. But he tends to struggle with strange odd trim bits ie NLA. Tends not to be cheap but communication is good.

For these unusual requests, I go to dcrauto, where Dave has access to weird bits including a modified big bore stainless steel exhaust which I’m currently waiting for.

The following users liked this post:
JayJagJay (08-09-2019)
Old 08-10-2019 | 08:52 AM

I order all my parts almost exclusively from them, they seem to be either original or good quality 3rd party where possible.

Note that for some hose clips they'll ship standard screw versions instead of the Jaguar specified clamps, but that's the only thing.

Old 08-14-2019 | 06:17 AM

They have really good knowlege of what they sell very helpful try to use them as much as I can

Old 08-14-2019 | 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by DavidYau
In Bahrain, Richard of British Parts has come through on international deliveries on standard parts, with some good pre-packed value kits. But he tends to struggle with strange odd trim bits ie NLA. Tends not to be cheap but communication is good.

For these unusual requests, I go to dcrauto, where Dave has access to weird bits including a modified big bore stainless steel exhaust which I’m currently waiting for.
What's been your experience with Dave as far as urgency goes? I contacted him last year about some wheels and his communication was not great. Obviously he's a well-reputed supplier, but wondering if that experience was an aberration or is just something that comes with the territory of an operation that seems both small and in demand. I really like the look of his floor mats.

Old 08-14-2019 | 08:23 PM
Veteran Member
Default Dave of DCRAUTO is slow

Originally Posted by EnjoyEverySandwich
What's been your experience with Dave as far as urgency goes? I contacted him last year about some wheels and his communication was not great. Obviously he's a well-reputed supplier, but wondering if that experience was an aberration or is just something that comes with the territory of an operation that seems both small and in demand. I really like the look of his floor mats.
He's not the man if you need something urgent. Communication is very slow, but he's always come through..... eventually. Trustworthy but not quick on the email and phone call response is patchy at best. Also he doesn't update his web site often, and as you can see his prices aren't shown there and seems to fluctuate month to month. Still he seems to have access to both new and re-used parts which is good for those troublesome NLA parts. I too thought about the floor mats but, geez, they're expensive as they're custom made!

Old 08-27-2019 | 10:43 AM
|
Veteran Member

What are people's thoughts on these??? The way it seems is,,, I could replace all shocks and springs in the rear for under $500? Can these springs really be $30 and worth it?
https://www.britishparts.co.uk/class...4/spring-p5717

Old 08-27-2019 | 11:07 AM
Veteran Member
Default British Parts is GBP not USA and don’t forget shipping charges

Currency and shipping charges tend to add up from Britishparts.co.uk

Old 08-27-2019 | 12:43 PM
|
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by DavidYau
Currency and shipping charges tend to add up from Britishparts.co.uk
I'm aware of that, thank you...
My question is about the quality of the product

Old 08-27-2019 | 01:03 PM
Veteran Member
Default Quality from British Parts

Quality is good... but some parts aren’t OEM ie clamps, cables and pipes. All parts fits and works though and they do good value kits for entire jobs ie the Camcover gaskets, transmission fluid and filter refresh etc

Old 05-12-2020 | 02:17 PM
Default not bad but do your research

ive ordered parts from them, some due to the fact that they carried oem jaguar parts as seals gaskets and so. the first few orders were ok but recently ordered one of their hose kits with the radiator hoses and other hoses and it turn out one of the hoses in the kit was defective it came with a bad crimp. this is the lower radiator hose on the xkr that has a joint or plastic pipe midway in the driver side and has other hoses that go in the intercoolers . Upon reaching at customer service they did respond fast but you have to ship the part back for them to check. this hose was obvious it had a defect and you could see it right away so i wonder if they assemble these kits they sell and or why they shipped it like that. long short story that hose can be had in the us for 60 dollars us and the cheapest way to send it back to uk was 75 hence do the math. So yes, they have good prices and shipping is not that expensive however be careful what you buy and unless you cant obtain a part from other sources its better getting it locally for sake of returns and warranty claims.

To be fair, this is the first time it has happened and i've ordered from them about 7 times along the years though still it bothers me they shipped parts which were defective to start with and its was overseas not local to uk.

Last edited by Elliot; 05-12-2020 at 02:20 PM.
The following users liked this post:
DavidYau (05-12-2020)
Old 05-12-2020 | 09:14 PM
Veteran Member
Default Totally agree with Elliot

Originally Posted by Elliot
To be fair, this is the first time it has happened and i've ordered from them about 7 times along the years though still it bothers me they shipped parts which were defective to start with and its was overseas not local to uk.
+1 to Elliot - British Parts aren't 100% quality wise but they're good especially for people like me, in the small country of Bahrain, where parts are hard to find for my 99 XK8 Jag. Mainly Japanese and American cars here. I've had a few past problems with what British Parts had given me, just like Elliot, but always I've managed to find a way around.

I've got their coolant hoses R&R kits in boxes, part of my summer project when the wife is away, so Elliot's experience has made me want to open and inspect the parts now. Nothing worst then being in the middle of a job, and the new parts are defective. Even worst when you findit out, at the end of the job on the test drive.