XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) 1996 - 2006

The car loves me again ;)

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2017, 03:54 PM
Veteran Member
Received 305 Likes on 217 Posts
Default The car loves me again ;)

At the end of last year, just prior to putting the car away for winter, I noticed the convertible top leaking fluid in the rear. Fearing it was a hose going south, I stored the car and planned to look into it further. To my great surprise and delight, one of the hoses on the pressure relief kit had come loose (or maybe wasn't tightened enough when I put it on years ago). Simple fix and I have a fully functional top again.

In the process of fixing the top, I noticed a hole in the floor by the spare tire. One of the plugs had come out and a mouse had built a little home under my spare tire. To my great relief (again) it appears building a nest was all he did. I assume it also happened over winter storage, despite my use of dryer sheets and mouse pellets.

I feel like I should go buy a lotto ticket before my luck runs out Although I do still need to replace the coolant reservoir (I swear I've been chasing coolant leaks almost non-stop, replacing pieces bit by bit and some preventatively since 2011).

Old 06-08-2017, 06:11 PM
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Isn't it wonderful when we have a happy ending! I hope good luck continues to follow.