XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) 1996 - 2006

The Cat Has Nine Lives...

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2017, 10:43 PM
Received 117 Likes on 96 Posts
Unhappy The Cat Has Nine Lives...

I was woken up by the neighbor at 1:30 am today who simply said, "your car, better come outside..." I thought, for sure, that it had been stolen...

Turns out, a girl decided to cheat on her man with his friend/co-worker... and got caught red handed. a high-speed pursuit began, with her man doing a pit maneuver on the other guy's car on my street, which caused his car to slam into our 2 very full trash cans which were on the curb...which catapulted them 52 feet across the front yard & driveway into the fender of my beautiful car (only cosmetic damage thankfully) his car keeps spinning, and totals my neighbors car, and finally ended up wrapped around his tree.

police were on scene till 4am. my car is being repaired/painted now, getting new tint and being polished...and i am grateful my son & i are safe,
thankful to GEICO insurance for the Audi rental.

yeah, today was wacky...
Does your Cat have Nine lives? What's your story?

that green trash can was thrown over 50 feet and hit my front fender...

runaway car crashed into the neighbors tree. his car that was parked in his driveway next to mine was totalled.

Old 05-11-2017, 10:51 PM
Veteran Member
Received 601 Likes on 446 Posts

Glad it was not more damage, you must be a very sound sleeper!

The following users liked this post:
prettybluefin (05-11-2017)
Old 05-11-2017, 10:59 PM

Originally Posted by Jandreu
Glad it was not more damage, you must be a very sound sleeper!
i live upstairs, behind a huge 5 bedroom house, so didn't hear it happen. but the amount of car parts and glass thrown about, the neighbors said it sounded like an explosion.

Old 05-12-2017, 12:39 PM
Received 43 Likes on 32 Posts

Wow! I'm glad it wasn't worse.

prettybluefin (05-12-2017)
Old 05-12-2017, 05:12 PM
Received 4,341 Likes on 3,749 Posts

Wow!!!! Glad damage was minimal and you were not in it at the time!!!

prettybluefin (05-12-2017)
Old 05-12-2017, 11:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

PBF:

My Heavens! Sounds like an Action Movie!! Pray that the Guy wasn't hurt and the Silver Jag was only bent a little bit.....Good excuse for a little touch-up here and there!
Seriously glad that Little Ms. Bluefin was all safe and in Bed!

Billy Clyde in Houston

Old 05-14-2017, 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by Billy Clyde
PBF:

My Heavens! Sounds like an Action Movie!! Pray that the Guy wasn't hurt and the Silver Jag was only bent a little bit.....Good excuse for a little touch-up here and there!
Seriously glad that Little Ms. Bluefin was all safe and in Bed!

Billy Clyde in Houston

thanks, my friend! I am glad that my son and I were no where near the accident either. AND I am glad that my clear side marker,Wheel & "R" badge are fine. It would be such a pain to wait another month for replacement.

Car is getting repaint done. That dent and a fine scratch is $1200
Having them buff out the under nose scrapes, and re-paint the heat-worn hood grills as well. Why not?

Old 05-15-2017, 06:43 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,409 Likes on 2,878 Posts

I assume there were charges filed against the feuding lunatics, so their insurance will be paying for most of your damages?

Old 05-15-2017, 09:25 AM
Received 584 Likes on 279 Posts

Depending on your coverage and reporting, this loss should probably be a Comprehensive loss since the garbage cans were flying debris. Collision usually covers single car or another car, curb, hitting a tree type losses. Should your carrier collect from the responsible party, you should get a deductible refund if you had one. Does not appear the clear S /M lens was damaged. :-) Glad you all (Southern Colloquialism) are OK.

Old 05-15-2017, 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by Jon89
I assume there were charges filed against the feuding lunatics, so their insurance will be paying for most of your damages?
runaway car had NO insurance. not sure about the other driver who is probably being charged with the accident. we have to wait 2-4 weeks for the police report, being in LA, everything takes longer...

I went ahead and paid my deductible so I wouldn't have to wait for repairs...and hopefully will get it back from the guy's insurance when all is said and done.

Old 05-15-2017, 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by kstevusa
Depending on your coverage and reporting, this loss should probably be a Comprehensive loss since the garbage cans were flying debris. Collision usually covers single car or another car, curb, hitting a tree type losses. Should your carrier collect from the responsible party, you should get a deductible refund if you had one. Does not appear the clear S /M lens was damaged. :-) Glad you all (Southern Colloquialism) are OK.
thanks! I have full coverage and uninsured motorist, so it should be fine. yes, funny, first thing I checked was the side marker and the Detroit rim!

I want to sue for "pain and suffering" since this Audi has half the horsepower.

Old 05-15-2017, 12:18 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,811 Likes on 1,115 Posts

Glad you're ok and safe. I hope the new paint makes it even better than before.

John

prettybluefin (05-15-2017)
Old 05-15-2017, 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by Johnken
Glad you're ok and safe. I hope the new paint makes it even better than before.

John
thanks, John
it was a good excuse to buff out the hood, do some repaint on the underside of the lip and re-paint the hood vents. Getting new dark tint as well as the original tint had a few scratches...

Was super tempted to re-paint the entire coupe in Anthracite or Nardo Grey...but the quote was $5,000

If this had happened during the day, it could have been much worse as there are always pedestrians on our block. grateful.

Old 05-15-2017, 04:24 PM
Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts

wow :/ glad you didn't get hurt prettybluefin :/ yikes..

I might of mentioned this before but a stupid high school kid got dumped by his girlfriend and he decided to slash her tires.. but then he realizes that the police will target him so he decides to make it random and slashed my parents tires >

Anyway I don't know how people get to that point of causing damage or putting other people at risk over love.. I don't think I'll ever do something stupid as that..

anyway like I said glad you're ok and sorry about your car I'm sure it'll look brand new after this

prettybluefin (05-16-2017)
Old 05-15-2017, 09:59 PM
Veteran Member
Received 919 Likes on 654 Posts
Default Paint......Leave it as is!

Pretty Ms. Bluefin,

I just read this Thread down to the Anthracite or Nardo Grey part....That's when I started screaming NO NO NO DON'T DO IT!!! PLease, do not mess with that Beautiful Car! It is probably the most beautiful Jaguar I've ever seen! Could be the most beautiful Jaguar in the World and you are talking Nardo Grey! Come on Girl, tell me you were kidding us! Please leave that pretty thing alone......

BC

Old 05-16-2017, 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by Matthew Chidester
wow :/ glad you didn't get hurt prettybluefin :/ yikes..

I might of mentioned this before but a stupid high school kid got dumped by his girlfriend and he decided to slash her tires.. but then he realizes that the police will target him so he decides to make it random and slashed my parents tires >

Anyway I don't know how people get to that point of causing damage or putting other people at risk over love.. I don't think I'll ever do something stupid as that..

anyway like I said glad you're ok and sorry about your car I'm sure it'll look brand new after this

thanks, Matt It was quite a scene to walk out to. I am just glad my 20 gallon fuel tank was unscathed. ugh!

People running on anger, aggression & probably some alcohol...
NOT a good mix

Still waiting on the police report, but my cat should be done by Friday.

Old 05-16-2017, 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by bcprice36
Pretty Ms. Bluefin,

I just read this Thread down to the Anthracite or Nardo Grey part....That's when I started screaming NO NO NO DON'T DO IT!!! PLease, do not mess with that Beautiful Car! It is probably the most beautiful Jaguar I've ever seen! Could be the most beautiful Jaguar in the World and you are talking Nardo Grey! Come on Girl, tell me you were kidding us! Please leave that pretty thing alone......

BC

Haha. I am going to have to hide my posts from you, B.
I love Nardo Grey.

I am totally in a grey mode at the moment. Also, my other Jaguar is Platinum, so I wanted to possibly change the paint, UNTlL the quote hit my ears. yikes!

So for now, it remains...

Old 05-19-2017, 05:29 PM
Talking

Just got her back from the detailer. The body shop did a great job, no sign of the dent!

I also had them sand & re-spray under the lip to smooth out scrapes and did a dark ceramic limo tint after having the original tint removed...

The original black rubber gaskets around the door handles were well worn, so they removed them and did a clear silicone to maintain the monochromatic grey exterior...

Rear bumper had a very small 1/8" sag due to some missing clips, and those were replaced. Hood vents were re-painted.

Matthew Chidester (05-19-2017)
Old 05-19-2017, 08:46 PM
Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts

looks great house.. car.. weather.. all is good! love it!

prettybluefin (05-19-2017)