XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) 1996 - 2006

Corrupted file in immobiliser next step

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2023, 07:16 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yea atp i think thats what im going to do and get some software

Old 01-18-2023, 09:51 AM
Received 98 Likes on 64 Posts

The software is free and readily available online. Are you laptop hardware savvy with things like Windows XP and 7? I believe that's what it requires. I bought a Mongoose and never installed it on one of my oldie laptops, saving that for a frigid winter day.

Old 01-20-2023, 09:38 AM

i know my way around a laptop or two but finding an older model may be the issue more research is in the forecast for but today will tell all. i will report back soon with my findings.

Old 01-20-2023, 01:05 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,434 Likes on 1,572 Posts

You might be able to run XP or Win 7 in a VM if your laptop is beefy enough.

There's a VirtualBox clone here:
Land Rover & Jaguar JLR SDD VMware Images Download Free | OBDII365.com Official Blog

that you could try. The software seems to work, but I don't have the Mongoose adaptor.

Old 01-23-2023, 02:00 PM

so i was able to mess around a lil bit with the car got the carsoft plugged up is gave me code P1260, something about ignition key not reading and SLCM but i couldn't clear the codes. i know the p1260 has todo with the keys hopefully i can add them back in and this will fix my head ache.

Old 01-23-2023, 06:09 PM

P1260 Security input malfunction:

KTM to ECM circuit short circuit, high resistance or open circuit;
Loss of ignition switched power supply tothe ECM PIN EM82-09 for greater than 16 milliseconds;
KTM failure;
Security system incorrectly configured (KTM / ECM);

Old 01-23-2023, 06:10 PM

michaelh,

The files aren't there.

Old 01-23-2023, 06:35 PM
Received 8,323 Likes on 5,025 Posts

THE KEY IS NOT RECOGNIZED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please use a correct key OR configure the key(s) to the car.

RFID keys are not a new concept.

Old 01-24-2023, 07:04 AM

Best way to do so? lock smith or buy software capable?

Old 01-24-2023, 11:20 AM

I've not found any detailed description of the immobilizer and security systems for the earlier XKs. If anyone has a good resource, it'd be helpful. The electrical schematic I viewed doesn't even display the immobilizer ring.

This Immobilizer system is far less complicated than the 2002.5 and later vehicles, but that doesn't help this situation. The Key Transponder Module is situated between the Body Control Module and Engine Control Module, and does not directly communicate with the Security Locking Control Module. I can't say whether the SLCM is capable of disabling the engine from running, but if the engine cuts out with the alarm going off, it certainly might cut off the engine. For example, would a false broken window alert disable the car or just set off alarms? It'd be nice if a Technical Guide gave out that info. Maybe Owners Manual would shed some light.

The KTM doesn't appear to be on the VCATS which is good as it may be generic to all vehicles, not specific to different builds. It might not need reprogramming as the original keys should still be stored in the ECM. Again, I don't know the immobilizer protocol for that range of Jags even though we have a '99. Your KTM started the engine before and if it doesn't even crank now, your boys in the UK didn't do you any favors.

Last edited by jrnsr; 01-24-2023 at 11:25 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Speedy G (01-25-2023)
Old 01-25-2023, 12:09 PM

I'm totally new to the whole jaguar world but i've been reading as much as i can trying to understand the ins and outs and gain as much info i can.
The car was already in this state before i sent it but as of now it still remains the same as before i did talk to a locksmith yesterday and im going to take him both keys he says he will be able to see if the keys are still programed or not so its a waiting game at this point.

Old 01-25-2023, 02:52 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,067 Likes on 857 Posts

Originally Posted by Speedy G
I'm totally new to the whole jaguar world but i've been reading as much as i can trying to understand the ins and outs and gain as much info i can.
The car was already in this state before i sent it but as of now it still remains the same as before i did talk to a locksmith yesterday and im going to take him both keys he says he will be able to see if the keys are still programed or not so its a waiting game at this point.
these are the easiest keys in the world to program don’t farm it out

Old 01-25-2023, 04:33 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,434 Likes on 1,572 Posts

Originally Posted by jrnsr
I've not found any detailed description of the immobilizer and security systems for the earlier XKs. If anyone has a good resource, it'd be helpful. The electrical schematic I viewed doesn't even display the immobilizer ring.
The relevant pages are missing from the earlier EGs, but 13.2 in the 2003 guide is close enough.

The SLCM is guardian of the car's perimeter security rather than immobilisation.

Originally Posted by jrnsr
michaelh, The files aren't there.
Mea culpa. Probably pulled for some reason. I usually check a link is active before posting. Clearly I didn't with that one

A quick google brought up this:
https://www.jaguarforum.com/threads/...nstall.108460/

i did talk to a locksmith yesterday and im going to take him both keys he says he will be able to see if the keys are still programed or not
The P1260 suggests that at least one key isn't. Are you taking the car to him or just keys?

Old 01-26-2023, 08:28 AM
Received 8,323 Likes on 5,025 Posts

Please remember that the KEYS are not configured, the CAR is configured to ACCEPT the KEYS.
The keys simply transmit an RFID signal and cannot receive signals other that an 'exciter' pulse.

Old 01-26-2023, 10:20 AM

im just taking the keys the car wont crank so if all else fails he will have to come to my house if they need to be reprogramed.
thanks for all the helpful info and trouble shooting!!

Old 01-26-2023, 10:35 AM
Veteran Member

im just taking the keys the car wont crank so if all else fails he will have to come to my house if they need to be reprogramed.
thanks for all the helpful info and trouble shooting!!
you are flushing money down the toilet he will not be able to do it on the bench.

an $89.99 thinkdiag can add keys in 5 minutes. this is the easiest car in the world to add keys on.

Last edited by xalty; 01-26-2023 at 10:37 AM.
Old 01-26-2023, 12:09 PM
Received 188 Likes on 130 Posts

Originally Posted by xalty
an $89.99 thinkdiag can add keys in 5 minutes. this is the easiest car in the world to add keys on.
So many maybes at the moment.
There might not be any fault with the key programming to the car, it might be a module problem.
The keys might not need adding. That would then be another $89.99 spent that doesn't solve anything.
This car needs connecting to the proper Jaguar diagnostics SDD/IDS

The following users liked this post:
Speedy G (01-31-2023)
Old 01-26-2023, 12:50 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Stumpy
So many maybes at the moment.
There might not be any fault with the key programming to the car, it might be a module problem.
The keys might not need adding. That would then be another $89.99 spent that doesn't solve anything.
This car needs connecting to the proper Jaguar diagnostics SDD/IDS
there is no maybe. when a key is added to the ktm the car cranks.

IDS won’t tell you anything you don’t already know with an aftermarket tool, only reason you need it is to run ecm ktm sync.

Last edited by xalty; 01-26-2023 at 12:53 PM.
Old 01-31-2023, 02:13 PM

I'm going todo some research on both tools i really think IDS or SDD is better for my situation since it gives a more in depth look into the complete system.

Old 02-23-2023, 07:46 AM

Ok i have an update finally So i have had my battery on charge the last 2 days yesterday i was ready to give it a try and boom put the fully charged battery in the car the trunk light popped on and the little red light by the shifter stopped flashing and the car started right up the no trac abs and restricted performance lights were showing in the cluster i drove it for about an hour or so and the restricted performance light did go off car ran fine no hiccups then i parked it and my dads house for a few hours to run some errands came back went to get in the car just to my luck the car wont start immobiliser light came on from that point i used the thinkdiag 2 ran the check up only got to codes 1st one was b1202 fuel sending unit in tank which i knew because the gas hand doesnt work never has since ive had the car still wasnt an issue starting and driving the car the other one was restraint or something like that also ive had this one as well. Here is my next issue the thinkdiag does not add keys for anything lower than 2006 you can not add keys or erase them with it. i have been racking my brain about this for a while now and the research ive done only turns up the same results. Now the sounder for the alarm under the front bumper has a internal battery that from my understanding when it goes bad it will drain on the battery and cause low voltage and the immo to engage so my guess is that once the battery drains below a certain point i have to recharge it let the system reset and the car will start again im going to to remove the sounder today and ill report back my findings.

Quick Reply: Corrupted file in immobiliser next step