Coventry Whitley 17 inch

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2017, 09:56 PM
Veteran Member
Received 918 Likes on 654 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by WAFlowers
She said "Christmas is coming ... Eventually"
W.A., Your Wheels look darn good! I sure wouldn't change them if I was you!
Billy Clyde in Houston

Old 04-19-2017, 06:56 AM
Received 43 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by bcprice36
W.A., Your Wheels look darn good! I sure wouldn't change them if I was you!
Thanks BC. What you don't see is all the curb rash. I suppose I could get the wheels refinished eventually.

My XKR is both my project car and daily driver. I'm having a LOT of fun with it both working on it and for my daily commute. Stuck in a traffic jam? That just means more time in the car!

Old 04-19-2017, 07:15 AM
Received 4,339 Likes on 3,749 Posts

Originally Posted by WAFlowers
She said "Christmas is coming ... Eventually"
lol - took about that long once I ordered mine - ordered April1, got first set in July with 3 out of 4 damaged and got replacement chromes in August

Old 08-09-2017, 10:20 AM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I am researching Coventry Whitley wheels for my 2013 XJL Portfolio. The front wheels are out of stock and I asked the distributor (TSW) when they expected shipment. I was informed that they did not know. Found out that they are manufactured in China and that made me wonder about the quality of the wheel. I am not being disparaging about Chinese products, but some products that I have seen from China are not the same quality as USA, Japanese or UK products. Any standards as to alloy quality, etc.? Any opinions?

FYI - Most of the wheels on ebay are take offs and the reason they are take offs is that they have been damaged (bent). Usually straightened, but with questionable results. Suggest having a run out performed to see if the wheel is straight before mounting wheels.

Old 08-09-2017, 10:34 AM
Received 4,339 Likes on 3,749 Posts

you may want to check with forum sponsor carid to see if they have in stock. No issues with quality in the time I have had mine on service - still look great

Last edited by sklimii; 08-09-2017 at 10:46 AM.
Old 08-09-2017, 10:41 AM
Veteran Member
Received 162 Likes on 134 Posts

I fully understand and appreciate your concerns regarding the country of origin; I feel the same way. I have the Coventry wheels on my car and have had no issues with them. I've managed to accumulate a few very minor curb scratches but, other than that, they look good and perform well.

Old 08-10-2017, 02:20 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Coventry Whitely Wheels

Thanks, Max224 and sklimii! Appreciate the feedback.

Good to hear the wheels are holding up. I am concerned about the Hyper Silver and curb scratches. With painted wheels, I can sand and repaint on the car, but can't do that with a polished wheel.

I checked every where including CARID - not available. I can order through CARID and they will ship when they are back in stock. Must be popular or the factory just doesn't produce enough.

BTW - Three of the wheels on the Jaguar are bent and have been straightened, but I still get a 70 mph shimmy (would be 70 mph, right?). Wheel Solutions advertised "NEW" 20" Jaguar chrome wheels on eBay for $2,400. I bought them and before mounting the tires I had the Discount Tire do a run out test and two were way out of whack - you could see through the chrome where they had been heated to straighten them. Contacted Wheels Solutions and the said the "chrome was new" - not the wheels. Not the way it was worded.

Old 08-11-2017, 03:06 AM
Received 124 Likes on 96 Posts

I have about 2000 miles on my new Coventry Whitleys and they have been great. The quality seems excellent. I ordered mine on ebay and had to wait a week for the fronts to be delivered to the seller. I got all 4 about 2 weeks after ordering.