XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) 1996 - 2006

Door deadlock - cant CLOSE door

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2017, 11:00 AM
Received 82 Likes on 56 Posts
Default Door deadlock - cant CLOSE door

Hi All,

Had some probs in the last couple of days with the XKR. Found the car dead as a door nail as soon as I opened the door - then came back on a couple of minutes later. Stereo was also in set-up mode so the power had obviously gone off at some point. Read up on here and narrowed it down to the live battery wire, which if you wiggle it a bit causes the power to shut off. The clamp is tight and doesnt move on the terminal, but I guess there may be corrosion under the plastic coating.

Anyway while I was messing around trying to find what was wrong, the drivers door deadlock has engaged with the door open, and now no matter that there is power to the car the deadlock will not disengage and blocks the door from clicking closed (therefore the poor thing is out on the street with duct-tape over the gap in the window )

Any idea how I can get the deadlock to disengage so I can get the door closed?

Thanks!

Old 03-11-2017, 11:09 AM
Veteran Member
Received 601 Likes on 446 Posts

Pull the handle on the inside while inserting a screw driver into the door lock to simalate the door jam bolt, push out on the screw driver as if the door was opening and the door jam bolt was being pulled away from the latch.

If I read your explanation correctly this may work. Otherwise someone with more knowledge than myself will come along with additional suggestions.

The following users liked this post:
x-biker (03-11-2017)
Old 03-11-2017, 11:16 AM
Received 82 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by Jandreu
Pull the handle on the inside while inserting a screw driver into the door lock to simalate the door jam bolt, push out on the screw driver as if the door was opening and the door jam bolt was being pulled away from the latch.

If I read your explanation correctly this may work. Otherwise someone with more knowledge than myself will come along with additional suggestions.

PERFECT! THANKS Jandreu- worked a treat. Now all locked up, sealed and secure until I get the elec probelm fixed.