Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2014, 01:59 PM
Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

exactly right

The following users liked this post:
Rezzz (05-22-2014)
Old 05-22-2014, 09:43 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I put on the Mina under axle rear muffler and tips. Sounds great, very classy,, not too load, absolutely beautiful (polished stainless) and no clearance issues. I couldnt be happier.

Old 05-23-2014, 12:39 AM
Received 154 Likes on 121 Posts

Originally Posted by dodgerjames
exactly right
Originally Posted by Nateward
I put on the Mina under axle rear muffler and tips. Sounds great, very classy,, not too load, absolutely beautiful (polished stainless) and no clearance issues. I couldnt be happier.
Any pics or videos from you gents? An under-axle system is what I'm looking into doing later this year.

Old 05-23-2014, 02:34 AM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Hm. I don't know.. I installed the Adamesh rear muffler delete yesterday, and am not totally convinced. The install itself was super easy, and the kit was good quality, but jury is out on the sound.

Taste is individual and it may be just the ticket for some folks, but it wasn't entirely what I hoped. The V8 woofle is indeed more present, and generally the sound is throatier. However, I wanted more snarl & pops and less ferry-woofle. In some ways it now sounds less refined and more brawny. There is also a drone between 1500 and 1800 rpm which is not particularly attractive.

I'll give it a few days to see if it grows on me, but I am considering putting the original back until replacing with a more balanced system.

Old 05-23-2014, 07:23 AM
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Artigiano
Hm. I don't know.. I installed the Adamesh rear muffler delete yesterday, and am not totally convinced. The install itself was super easy, and the kit was good quality, but jury is out on the sound.

Taste is individual and it may be just the ticket for some folks, but it wasn't entirely what I hoped. The V8 woofle is indeed more present, and generally the sound is throatier. However, I wanted more snarl & pops and less ferry-woofle. In some ways it now sounds less refined and more brawny. There is also a drone between 1500 and 1800 rpm which is not particularly attractive.

I'll give it a few days to see if it grows on me, but I am considering putting the original back until replacing with a more balanced system.
same for me I replaced the rear boxes only with the Adamesh system. I kind a like it but I have the same drone between 1600 and 2000rpm as Artigiano reports and that can be disturbing at cruising speed. I am not convinced by the quality and the set delivered was lacking some minor parts (I could replace it with my stock). I even had to rework the inner side of the end pieces to get them mounted. In addition the right one is out of center and I have some hard time to come to a centered fixed position (still is not 100%) whereas the original pipes where perfectly centered...so thinking or replacing by something different or even reinstalling the original ones...

Old 05-23-2014, 09:13 AM
Received 84 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by SputNic
same for me I replaced the rear boxes only with the Adamesh system. I kind a like it but I have the same drone between 1600 and 2000rpm as Artigiano reports and that can be disturbing at cruising speed. I am not convinced by the quality and the set delivered was lacking some minor parts (I could replace it with my stock). I even had to rework the inner side of the end pieces to get them mounted. In addition the right one is out of center and I have some hard time to come to a centered fixed position (still is not 100%) whereas the original pipes where perfectly centered...so thinking or replacing by something different or even reinstalling the original ones...
Are your saying is that the Adamesh system required all that rework and it was short parts? Thats enough for me to say no to purchasing something that has to cross the Atlantic before I see it. Do you think you were a rear occurrence or is this common problem with this product. I dont feel like dropping $300 US for something that doesnt bolt right in

Old 05-23-2014, 10:40 AM
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Rezzz
Are your saying is that the Adamesh system required all that rework and it was short parts? Thats enough for me to say no to purchasing something that has to cross the Atlantic before I see it. Do you think you were a rear occurrence or is this common problem with this product. I dont feel like dropping $300 US for something that doesnt bolt right in
well according to Adamesh there are no complaints of the customers so far and maybe I was the only one. The amount of work was ok at the end and the sound generally I like but for the droning one must see if he likes or not. As I like very much cruising around it can become annoying on long term...(for me and my wife ).
Unfortunately I don't have any video and I doubt that you could get this experience transmitted via a video...
I wonder if others in the forum have made the same experience? I remember that a member wanted to sell his Adamesh pipes quite some time ago but I don't know if still available...

The following users liked this post:
Rezzz (05-23-2014)
Old 05-24-2014, 10:57 AM
Received 681 Likes on 490 Posts
Default Mina

Just a heads up, I got kits from Adamesh and Mina Gallery. The Mina kit was nicer and they are in the States (saving you shipping costs). In the end though I went with the MacLeod system. It was expensive but it ended up being cheaper than doing the whole thing piecemeal.

Old 05-24-2014, 12:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Solid advice

thank you for the excellent advice and experience on the exhaust mods. I have been considering some mod of existing stock exhaust for some time. I want more volume but no drone. Given the feedback hear on the rear resonator delete, I am no seriuosly leaning toward the center muffler delete. My only question now is strait pipes or crossover?