XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) 1996 - 2006

Exhaust Upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2021 | 03:23 PM
|
Default Exhaust Upgrade

I know there are a million threads on here for exhaust upgrades, but I was wondering if anyone had sourced a complete cat back on recenlty. I have been going through Mina Gallery since June of 2020 and still have not received the exhaust system. Seriously, I odered it last summer! I have been in contact with him and at first it was a shop issue due to COVID in California where they are bent up. Then he got someone in the UK to do it. Then when they came in they are supposedly over the axle, but still larger diameter. That is a little fishy to me, since I have never seen anyone be able to do that. He claimed to be looking into dyno numbers to make sure the over the axle didn't decrease performance exhaust gains. The last I talked to him was January and there has been radio silence since then.
Long story short is that I deleted the center resonator quite a few years ago and it kind of drones. I want a whole new cat back system (I have the Nameless high flow cats on the '05R) and I'm sure it will sound great with those cats and a better exhaust. Anybody have complete exhaust they have purchased recently from the US they would recommend?

Last edited by jnporcello; 03-04-2021 at 03:28 PM.
Old 03-05-2021 | 07:58 AM

I can't help you with American suppliers but you can't go wrong with Adamesh. Excellent quality and fit and robust SS construction. I'm in Canada and I can get stuff from the UK quicker and with less problems than from the US or even most of Canada

Old 03-05-2021 | 01:11 PM
Veteran Member
Default Got my stainless steel exhaust upgrade and CATs from UK

Can’t help on a USA exhaust supplier but I got mine from UK, from a supplier DCR known to this forum.

Dave CR May be slow, spotty with communication but he’s always come through.... eventually. You’ll need patience if you deal with him.

The following users liked this post:
dfbender (03-06-2021)
Old 03-05-2021 | 04:19 PM

Yes I can second the comment on DCR. Sometimes a bit slow on email but certainly reliable

The following users liked this post:
dfbender (03-06-2021)
Old 03-06-2021 | 07:00 AM
|

Thanks guys. The DCR situation sounds like what I've been dealing with from Mina Gallery. Slow, spotty communication, but I've seen the Mina exhaust before and it was beautiful. I was just hoping to have it some time last year, haha. I'm already like 9 months down that hole, so I guess I'll stick it out a little longer. There used to be quite a few complete exhaust options, but with the car out of production for so long now, things have dried up.

There used to be a forum member back in like 2003-2009 - it may have even been a previous forum from this one. MacLeod - he was one of the first to come up with a large diameter, under the axle performance exhaust. He did a bunch of designing, dyno testing, reworking the design, etc, until he was satisfied. He was having them built and members could get them for around $1,000 to $1,200 (I can't remember exactly), but I wish I would have done it then

Old 03-06-2021 | 07:23 AM
|

I see that DCR system is over the axle with full diameter, non flattened pipes. Anyone who have them have any problems? No issues with fitting or axle articulation? When Mina said that's how he received them I was a little skeptical because I hadn't seen that before. But it looks like DCR has been doing it that way. Thanks again.