XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) 1996 - 2006

Faint gasoline smell

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2020, 12:03 PM
Received 68 Likes on 48 Posts

Okay I got the supercharger off the car and getting ready to install the new fuel dampers and reassemble everything, a few questions before I start. What is the recommended lube for installing the fuel dampers? I was going to use hylomar blue or dielectric grease? Also is there a way to test if the fuel system leaks before I reassemble the supercharger? For example can I prime the system by turning the Ignition to run with everything disconnected? Or can I pressurize the system via the Schrader valve? Tried to google it but didn't see anyone use a pump on the Schrader valve or any tool for it.

Last question any tips on reassembly? like connecting some parts together first before laying the supercharger down or should I just follow the JTIS in reverse order? Thanks for everyone's help

Old 12-25-2020, 12:28 AM
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

From memory I did some research and used some silicone lubricant. I think plumbers grease was what I ended up using, the silicone type. It has actually been 3 years since I did mine not 2 years as previously stated.

Old 01-15-2021, 08:52 PM

Finally got the parts in that I needed, I have replaced the damper but wanted to ask if there is anything I can do to test if it leaks before I start putting everything back together? Am I able to turn the car on to prime the fuel rail with everything disconnected? Any harm in doing that?

Old 01-16-2021, 12:46 PM

So I went ahead and tried to prime the fuel rail with everything disconnected but it didn't seem to pressurize at all when I checked at the Schrader valve, the electric water pump runs though hopefully I didn't cause any damage from running it without any coolant. I also found a dead rat in my engine bay, disgusting! it was dried and looked like wood branches but was a rat . I've been waiting patiently for some gaskets from sng barret but it seems to me they sent me an old dusty gasket that I don't feel comfortable using what do you guys think, is this okay to use? I purchased OEM genuine gaskets but it came in a eurospare open bag, will be contacting SNG barret and see how they resolve this.

new oem genuine gasktet i ordered from SNG barret, looks bad?

Old 01-18-2021, 10:11 AM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Does anyone have a procedure for the removal of the fuel rail and injectors on a 4.2 naturally aspirated engine?
Reading through various threads I'm leaning towards using injectorrx (of Houston TX) to close the damper port on each rail and to service the injectors while this is done. It looks like it would cost just a little more to do this compared to the damper replacement.

Old 01-18-2021, 12:42 PM

Very disappointed in SNG Barrat, usually I have no issues with them. Originally ordered DEC 22nd aftermarket gaskets, they were 2 weeks out but then got delayed even further, Contacted SNG to pay more for genuine Jaguar gaskets and they agreed to ship them to me for free (great!). Gaskets arrive in a EuroSpare (remember I paid more for genuine jaguar brand gasket) opened bag with visible cracking. Contacted them again and they said EuroSpare is an OEM manufacture and if I wanted the genuine branded gaskets it will be another 2 weeks. I'm upset because we discussed me paying for the genuine Jaguar gaskets and received the EuroSpare brand instead, on top of that I can't even use them because they are bad. I felt like I was lied to and that they tried to "cheat" me by sending EuroSpare instead of genuine Jaguar that I paid for and discussed with them.

Hopefully once I get the parts and everything back together the car will be fixed!

Old 01-18-2021, 02:41 PM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Injectorrx

FYI: I was intending to use this company to resolve my fuel pulse damper issue but on calling them today I found out that the person who did the plug work to delete this item has retired and the no longer do this work.

Old 02-14-2021, 04:28 PM

Finally received my final part that I needed and reassembled everything. I used the remanufactured fuel dampers with a little bit of blue hylomer on the o-ring. No more fuel leak! yippe! Wasn't too bad of a job following the JTIS. Like a another member posted the worse part is prolly draining the coolant. I think all that was needed was 8mm, 10mm, and 13mm sockets and various extensions to do the job.

The following users liked this post:
Bob Boyle (02-14-2021)