Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Finally got my hands on a XKR!

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2020, 12:17 PM
Received 72 Likes on 30 Posts
Default Finally got my hands on a XKR!

Hi Guys,

Im from Abu Dhabi, UAE and finally got my 1st jag!

Currently, I own:
67 C10 SWB stepside thats LS Carbed
69 Chevelle restomod
72 Vette
92 Mercedes R129
95 BMW E31 850Ci
95 BMW E34 Touring

And I recently won a copart auction for a '00 X100 XKR!

Here is my C10 next to the wife's E-Pace

The 69 Chevelle

72 Vette

R129

95 E31 850Ci

95 E34 525i Touring

So here is the latest addition to the family!

Here are the pictures before being loaded up and shipped over to me.

The following users liked this post:
Timeisrelative (12-21-2020)
Old 12-19-2020, 12:29 PM

So after 45 long days, the car arrives and goes for a heavy long over due clean up and removing all the junk

Put in a fresh battery and see whats what

Too bad it wouldn't start, diagnosed it to a bad fuel pump. I removed the pumps through the subwoofer only to find this gem

Sep 1999!!

Managed to use to Walbro pumps (part number GCA721-1) and after 5h, the job was done and she fired to life and was greeted by a restricted performance and ABS/TRAC not available

Next step, was spark plugs. There was heavy water droplets and the coils and plugs look like the were swimming in water

Am I missing something? Coil cover gasket? or water coming in from the hood louvers?

The following 2 users liked this post by Hashim_B:
Markel (12-23-2020), Timeisrelative (12-21-2020)
Old 12-19-2020, 12:34 PM
Veteran Member
Received 923 Likes on 441 Posts

Nice collection of cars and with some TLC and new parts I'm sure it will fit right in and be a joy to drive. Good luck and keep us posted on your progress.

Old 12-19-2020, 01:12 PM
GGG
Received 16,852 Likes on 12,186 Posts

That's some challenge but seeing the condition of your other vehicles, I'm sure you're up to it.

Good luck.

Graham

Old 12-19-2020, 03:04 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,348 Likes on 744 Posts

I was going to ask on the first set of picture "You Won"???
After seeing your efforts and understanding of the newer systems, I say the car Won.
Thanks.

The following 2 users liked this post by cjd777:
Chris Nystrom (12-22-2020), zray (12-19-2020)
Old 12-19-2020, 04:45 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,107 Likes on 764 Posts

I’d wager the car was outside (for a long time) with the bonnet open. Or it was shipped to you in ended the keel class.

Godspeed my friend, looks like you have your work cut out for you with this one.

Old 12-20-2020, 11:21 PM
Received 150 Likes on 119 Posts

Goodness. Welcome and best of luck on that project, but actually seems totally doable! Look at your progress already! You're on the right track. Flush the fluids while you're at it. Replace every filter, make sure it has good fuel, good battery or replace it if unsure as this can cause a ton of random codes and electrical issues, and just get new coil packs all around that have the new seals you're asking about. A few codes I last had went away when I replaced the coils. A solid cleaning and detail will keep you engaged on getting it all resolved.

Once it's mechanically sorted, I recommend you repaint it that same color or BRG- that color in a coupe is what a lot of us drool over. Pretty rare wheels there too and something to hang onto, or swap them for the other OE 20" multispoke option which name escapes me.

Old 12-21-2020, 01:58 AM

Originally Posted by GGG
That's some challenge but seeing the condition of your other vehicles, I'm sure you're up to it.

Good luck.

Graham
The local X100 group has been extremely helpful in diagnosing and finding parts locally, its my first British car.

Im more familiar with old school muscle and ze Germans

Originally Posted by cjd777
I was going to ask on the first set of picture "You Won"???
After seeing your efforts and understanding of the newer systems, I say the car Won.
Thanks.
She will have a new lease on life after being abandoned for quite a while!

Originally Posted by ccfulton
I’d wager the car was outside (for a long time) with the bonnet open. Or it was shipped to you in ended the keel class.

Godspeed my friend, looks like you have your work cut out for you with this one.
Turns out the restricted performance was from 1 bad coil, bought a used Denso one and witnessed for the first time the full force of the supercharger with a giant grin on my face!

Originally Posted by Sentinelist
Goodness. Welcome and best of luck on that project, but actually seems totally doable! Look at your progress already! You're on the right track. Flush the fluids while you're at it. Replace every filter, make sure it has good fuel, good battery or replace it if unsure as this can cause a ton of random codes and electrical issues, and just get new coil packs all around that have the new seals you're asking about. A few codes I last had went away when I replaced the coils. A solid cleaning and detail will keep you engaged on getting it all resolved.

Once it's mechanically sorted, I recommend you repaint it that same color or BRG- that color in a coupe is what a lot of us drool over. Pretty rare wheels there too and something to hang onto, or swap them for the other OE 20" multispoke option which name escapes me.
Thats the plan, so far iv changed/drained the old fuel and oil and replaced them with new oil/filters. The rest looks ok until i get it fully road legal then its a full flush along with tensioner to ease the mind.

For the colour, a jag and brg go hand in hand and as an extra bonus, the paris wheels in oyster color hits the right spot.

Iv also managed to score the 355/330mm R performance brakes but I wont install them till its fully road legal with plates

The following 3 users liked this post by Hashim_B:
cjd777 (12-22-2020), Sentinelist (12-21-2020), Timeisrelative (12-21-2020)
Old 12-21-2020, 07:18 AM
Received 53 Likes on 24 Posts

OMG, you are one brave man!

I love the Chevelle.

Best wishes for the Jaguar. OMG I would have run screaming from that, personally, but I admire your spirit and glad to read that you got it running.

Old 12-22-2020, 10:47 AM
Veteran Member
Received 918 Likes on 654 Posts

Hashim_B,

Looks like a pretty good deal! Body is not bad and those 20" BBS Paris Wheels are hard to come by....They are worth a bunch by themselves....if you have all the Center Caps! They are really hard to come by.....You can still get most of the Parts. including the S/S Rings from SB Wheels in England.....When you get that far along with the Car.....The Body looks good, except for the Right Front.......It's a 2000 XKR with a S/C 4 Liter......(Good Car) Spend some time with it,,,,,Baby it a little and you'll have a heck of a Car....!

Billy Clyde @ Cinco Ranch
. West Houston

Last edited by bcprice36; 12-22-2020 at 10:49 AM.
Old 12-22-2020, 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by BimmerGuy
OMG, you are one brave man!

I love the Chevelle.

Best wishes for the Jaguar. OMG I would have run screaming from that, personally, but I admire your spirit and glad to read that you got it running.

Here she is before I won the auction on Ebay, payed by paypal and shipped her over

I enjoy a good project! no fun in buying a turn key car

Originally Posted by bcprice36
Hashim_B,

Looks like a pretty good deal! Body is not bad and those 20" BBS Paris Wheels are hard to come by....They are worth a bunch by themselves....if you have all the Center Caps! They are really hard to come by.....You can still get most of the Parts. including the S/S Rings from SB Wheels in England.....When you get that far along with the Car.....The Body looks good, except for the Right Front.......It's a 2000 XKR with a S/C 4 Liter......(Good Car) Spend some time with it,,,,,Baby it a little and you'll have a heck of a Car....!

Billy Clyde @ Cinco Ranch
. West Houston
Body is good except for small dings in the roof and passenger side quarter panel, only damage that's really needs attention is the passenger side fender and bumper.

Already sorted out the Paris center cap, going to stay with oyster color wheels but minus the SS rings, just going to rebuild the wheels with polished lips

cjd777 (12-22-2020)
Old 12-22-2020, 06:28 PM
Veteran Member

Hashim,

If you spend a little time on the SS trim rings, you can usually straighten and smooth them out....I used a Rasp on the bad parts and then smoothed it on down with a File and then 800 Sand Paper until they started shining again. Polish them and they will start looking new again....New ones cost about $100.00 Bucks @ SBWheels in England....They have everything BBS.....The little 4 Liter is Square, which makes it run smooth and the Blower gives it just enough Ump to make it preform really good! You should enjoy playing with it!
Good Luck and have a good time!

Billy Clyde @ Cinco Ranch.

Old 01-20-2021, 03:30 AM

So here is an update, after doing research on BRG, I found out that its actually a dull non metallic no shine paint.

I was contemplating going with Jaguar racing green or Emerald fire green but that would mean a full strip down so I decided to do the next best thing....Wrap!

Avery Dennison radioactive green

A fellow X100 owner and I went 50/50 on a junk XKR for 550USD simply because of this!

Detroit wheels and Brembo brakes. He took the Detroits and gave him my old 325mm brakes and I took the brembo brakes. Lucky for me, they also came with Goodridge SS lines

Next up is Welsh upper shock mounts and rear strut lower bushings. Ordered the Mina Gallery black convex grill and hopefully also order their intake soon along with the Bosch intercooler pump upgrade

cjd777 (01-21-2021)
Old 01-20-2021, 05:54 AM
Received 282 Likes on 164 Posts

Excellent!!! A little flashy for the average Jag owner but you saved a classic from and slow death and turned it into a beaut! great job. TM

Old 01-20-2021, 06:11 AM
Received 53 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by STLTHMSTA
Excellent!!! A little flashy for the average Jag owner but you saved a classic from and slow death and turned it into a beaut! great job. TM
True, but I'll bet the "average Jag owner" isn't going to attempt a rescue like he did! Nice job on the wheels and brakes.

Old 01-20-2021, 06:15 AM

Originally Posted by STLTHMSTA
I agree but I think its a shame to put a dull color and hide those curves

Originally Posted by BimmerGuy
True, but I'll bet the "average Jag owner" isn't going to attempt a rescue like he did! Nice job on the wheels and brakes.
Yep, was really lucky on those! still deciding on caliper color though

Old 01-20-2021, 04:36 PM
Received 282 Likes on 164 Posts

Looks like a Hot Wheels car!! LOL Yes, great job you did saving this car. All things can't be the same, somebody's got to do something different. The main thing is you busted your butt to make it look and work good. Congrats to you and enjoy. TM

Old 01-20-2021, 10:08 PM
Veteran Member

Hashim_B,

Now you've got it! The Paris Wheels with the S/S Rings and Chrome Hub, really look good with the Silver Brembo Brakes. I would leave it just like that as that is the best Paris set-up I have seen.....I kind'a like the Bright Green and the Wheels have made it! The Convex Grill should really make it look Super! Send more Photos when you get the Grill and all!

Billy Clyde @Cinco Ranch

Old 01-21-2021, 03:12 AM
GGG
Received 16,852 Likes on 12,186 Posts

Originally Posted by Hashim_B
So here is an update, after doing research on BRG, I found out that its actually a dull non metallic no shine paint. .....
Nice job on the wrap and an amazing transformation on the whole car.

BRG is not a specific colour shade. Jaguar have used many very different colours which they have called British Racing Green as have Aston Martin. Bentley were more consistent in "their" BRG but did go to a noticeably lighter shade for the 2001 Le Mans cars.

The current Jaguar BRG intoduced on my XK model year and still available on the F-Type is a high metallic content paint which changes appearance depending on the weather. On a dull day it appears almost black and on a sunny day it is a vivid green. Nothing approaching Radioactive Green.

Graham

Old 01-21-2021, 08:00 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,348 Likes on 744 Posts

Hashim, Thank you for sharing and for all the effort you did to make this a beauty.
When you do the shock mounts, have a good look at the bottom shock bushing, if it's floppy replace or get new shocks. It's a ball joint really and not a rubber bushing like we normally think off on a shock.

Quick Reply: Finally got my hands on a XKR!