XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) 1996 - 2006

Finally sourced some Really thick tailored overmats

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2012, 10:47 AM
Veteran member
Received 169 Likes on 126 Posts
Default Finally sourced some Really thick tailored overmats

I had been looking for mats like these for years. Really deep pile, customised mats that make you want to drive barefoot.

Well, I finally found them here. They're expensive, but their service includes first sending out a sample mat first along with full-scale paper templates, so you can check everything is ok. I was able to correct the location of the single floor hook on my car (their XK8/R templates allow for two hooks) and check colour matching.

Unfortunately, the rather dark beige leatherette binding they use doesn't quite match the ivory leather, but you can't really tell once they're down in the footwell.

As you can see from the coin shot, we are talking seriously deep ****

For those unfamiliar with UK coins, the 2 pence piece has a diameter of approx. 1 inch / 2.5 cm

Last edited by Frog; 02-01-2012 at 11:07 AM.
Old 02-01-2012, 10:54 AM
Received 27 Likes on 26 Posts

That'd be hell to clean! Looks perfect though.

Old 02-01-2012, 10:57 AM
Veteran Member
Received 540 Likes on 403 Posts

I wonder if they could include a leaper logo on the mat. My 2005 XKR came with the standard mats that were very thick and had an extra thick heel pad at the accelerator pedal. I liked the mats that came with the 2006 Victory Edition (leather trimmed with leaper logo) and bought those from Jaguar through the local dealer. Quality wise they are disappointing compared with the standard mat. The nap is thinner overall and there is no heel pad. I like the look of the mat you bought from CARMAT4U and may email them to see if they have any Jaguar logos.

Doug

Old 02-01-2012, 11:05 AM
Veteran member

Originally Posted by SeismicGuy
I like the look of the mat you bought from CARMAT4U and may email them to see if they have any Jaguar logos.

Doug
I think the pile is too deep to accommodate a logo. It would be swamped by the fibres. If you look at the first photo above, you can see how the beige binding is barely noticeable.

As for cleaning, I don't intend getting them dirty. I have a regular set of mats for everyday use, these are for romantic weekends with the wife

Finally, for Reverend Sam, the 'coin shot' referred to above is not what it sounds like.

Last edited by Frog; 02-01-2012 at 11:11 AM.
Old 02-01-2012, 11:20 AM
Veteran Member
Received 9,011 Likes on 4,114 Posts

Name:  car01.jpg
Views: 263
Size:  19.3 KB

Very very nice Frog.....really luxurious looking and a great find.

As stated, really difficult to keep clean, but certainly deep pile.

Old 02-01-2012, 11:23 AM
Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts

Froggy;

Those look great and considering how much the OEM mats cost don't seem that high to me.

Please tell me that is not £99 per mat?

They would be perfect for Alag, they even have Mint Green edging for his Frosty XKR.

Surprisingly few carpet colors considering how many edge colors they have.

My carpets are in great shape but does anyone know of good quality rubber mats to put over them to protect them in the winter?

cheers,

jj

Zoom in

Product gallery (click to zoom-in)

LIFETIME GUARANTEE!

The Ultimate car mat set manufactured to your exacting design and requirement.
A complete fully tailored mat set covering all seating area footwells. Fully Tailored luxurious 2cm deep pile car mats manufactured to fit your vehicle footwells exactly.
The 4070g carpet is truly luxurious and would complement the interior of the most expensive motor cars.
  • hand cut, styled and professionally finished (4070g/m2 total carpet weight) tufted nylon.
  • Includes floor connectors / fixing systems and carpet anti-slip rubber backing prevents mats from moving to ensure complete safety.
  • Mats are edge bound, using a fantastic and exciting colour range of leatherette binding to match interior/exterior colours of your car.
  • Customize your mats even further adding thick colour coordinated cotton stitching.
BESPOKE SERVICE

1. Choose your perfect combination - carpet, leatherette and cotton stitching colours.
  2. Complete your order and make payment (this payment is totally refundable at any time if unhappy).
  3. We send you a sample of the carpet, showing all you have asked for, as well as showing the 'secure fixing system' (where applicable), to ensure this is correct for your vehicle.
  4. Send back to us an agreement, stating that you are absolutely happy and confirm for us to proceed to manufacture your car mat set to your exact requirements.
  5. Within 3 working days of us receiving your agreement, we will dispatch your new luxurious car mat set to your agreed address.

Important Notice: When ordering tailored car mats, boot liners or boot mats please be aware of changeover years. We manufacture your mats to your order requirement and, therefore, cannot offer a refund for incorrectly ordered mats.
The template opposite, shows the shape of the set you are about to order - If you're not sure which mats would fit your car please call us on 01754 763457.
Product options

Choose carpet colour:
Platinum BeigePlatinum BlackPlatinum GreyChoose edge colour:
Leatherette BeigeLeatherette BlackLeatherette Electric BlueLeatherette GreyLeatherette MintLeatherette OrangeLeatherette PinkLeatherette RedLeatherette Sky BlueLeatherette WhiteChoose stitching colour:
Beige CottonBlack CottonBlue CottonFuschia CottonGreen CottonGrey CottonOrange CottonPink CottonRed CottonSky Blue CottonWhite CottonYellow Cotton
£ 99.00 Net price without 20% VAT: £ 82.50

Old 02-01-2012, 01:29 PM
Veteran member

£99 is for all 4 mats. The rear ones are tiny and can only just be squeezed under the front seats, but at least I have some now. The first set of tailored mats I ordered - and which I use every day - only came with a front pair.

The following users liked this post:
jamjax (02-01-2012)
Old 02-01-2012, 02:38 PM
Veteran Member
Received 305 Likes on 217 Posts

Originally Posted by SeismicGuy
I wonder if they could include a leaper logo on the mat. My 2005 XKR came with the standard mats that were very thick and had an extra thick heel pad at the accelerator pedal. I liked the mats that came with the 2006 Victory Edition (leather trimmed with leaper logo) and bought those from Jaguar through the local dealer. Quality wise they are disappointing compared with the standard mat. The nap is thinner overall and there is no heel pad. I like the look of the mat you bought from CARMAT4U and may email them to see if they have any Jaguar logos.

Doug
Doug, have you read this thread: https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...ebay%5D-19408/

Since you are in the US, this could be easier for you. If you read far enough you can see there is a thicker option (which I wish was available when I ordered mine, but mine still look pretty good) and one of the options is a stitched leaper logo (they flatten the area a little for the logo). You also have more choice of edge options.

The following users liked this post:
SeismicGuy (02-01-2012)
Old 02-01-2012, 02:42 PM
Veteran Member
Received 29 Likes on 28 Posts

Shagalicious Baby! That makes your XKR a Shaguar!

Old 02-01-2012, 03:02 PM
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Hi Frog You better get some champagne when you start rubbing toes in those sexy mats!

Hi Jamjax Mint green edging where does it all end! Happy with my mundane brown overmats but also could do with a bit of Rubber!
Don't want to be out done by frogs shagpile!!

Ever hopeful Al

Old 02-01-2012, 03:15 PM
Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts

Thanks Frog.

There you are Alag wondered where you had been.

I knew you couldn't resist Minty Green treats.

cheers,

jj

Old 02-03-2012, 01:06 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got my plush mats on eBay from Autoetc - They added the Leaper, I believe the final cost complete was around $60 for the front set. They look great!

Old 02-03-2012, 09:54 AM
Received 42 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by Alag
Hi Frog You better get some champagne when you start rubbing toes in those sexy mats!

Hi Jamjax Mint green edging where does it all end! Happy with my mundane brown overmats but also could do with a bit of Rubber!
Don't want to be out done by frogs shagpile!!

Ever hopeful Al
Sexy..rubber...shagpile...

Last edited by dennisw; 02-03-2012 at 10:01 AM.
Old 01-21-2014, 07:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old thread I know but I got an old piece of regular hessian backed beige carpet and cut some overmats for the winter out myself using the tailored mats as a template. Work great and even though I haven't edged them they've not frayed.

Yes they do show the mud being beige! But very easy to clean off, left to dry most of it will brush out with a stiff brush.

They've done a great job so far of protecting the proper mats since late october and a few have even thought they're original!

Originally Posted by jamjax
Froggy;

Those look great and considering how much the OEM mats cost don't seem that high to me.

Please tell me that is not £99 per mat?

They would be perfect for Alag, they even have Mint Green edging for his Frosty XKR.

Surprisingly few carpet colors considering how many edge colors they have.

My carpets are in great shape but does anyone know of good quality rubber mats to put over them to protect them in the winter?

cheers,

jj

Zoom in

Product gallery (click to zoom-in)

LIFETIME GUARANTEE!

The Ultimate car mat set manufactured to your exacting design and requirement.
A complete fully tailored mat set covering all seating area footwells. Fully Tailored luxurious 2cm deep pile car mats manufactured to fit your vehicle footwells exactly.
The 4070g carpet is truly luxurious and would complement the interior of the most expensive motor cars.
  • hand cut, styled and professionally finished (4070g/m2 total carpet weight) tufted nylon.
  • Includes floor connectors / fixing systems and carpet anti-slip rubber backing prevents mats from moving to ensure complete safety.
  • Mats are edge bound, using a fantastic and exciting colour range of leatherette binding to match interior/exterior colours of your car.
  • Customize your mats even further adding thick colour coordinated cotton stitching.
BESPOKE SERVICE

1. Choose your perfect combination - carpet, leatherette and cotton stitching colours.
  2. Complete your order and make payment (this payment is totally refundable at any time if unhappy).
  3. We send you a sample of the carpet, showing all you have asked for, as well as showing the 'secure fixing system' (where applicable), to ensure this is correct for your vehicle.
  4. Send back to us an agreement, stating that you are absolutely happy and confirm for us to proceed to manufacture your car mat set to your exact requirements.
  5. Within 3 working days of us receiving your agreement, we will dispatch your new luxurious car mat set to your agreed address.

Important Notice: When ordering tailored car mats, boot liners or boot mats please be aware of changeover years. We manufacture your mats to your order requirement and, therefore, cannot offer a refund for incorrectly ordered mats.
The template opposite, shows the shape of the set you are about to order - If you're not sure which mats would fit your car please call us on 01754 763457.
Product options

Choose carpet colour:
Platinum BeigePlatinum BlackPlatinum GreyChoose edge colour:
Leatherette BeigeLeatherette BlackLeatherette Electric BlueLeatherette GreyLeatherette MintLeatherette OrangeLeatherette PinkLeatherette RedLeatherette Sky BlueLeatherette WhiteChoose stitching colour:
Beige CottonBlack CottonBlue CottonFuschia CottonGreen CottonGrey CottonOrange CottonPink CottonRed CottonSky Blue CottonWhite CottonYellow Cotton
£ 99.00 Net price without 20% VAT: £ 82.50

Attached Thumbnails Finally sourced some Really thick tailored overmats-pic-jaguar_xk8___xkr_1996-2006_platinum_car_mats.jpg   Finally sourced some Really thick tailored overmats-%255b336%255d.gif  
Attached Images