XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) 1996 - 2006

Flooded 2003 XKR info on BD V130 kit ISD and SSD

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2019, 06:37 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,296 Likes on 897 Posts

Originally Posted by jackra_1
Jaguar Land Rover Symptom Driven Diagnostics V 130 is the software you need failing that V131 would be just fine.

If $400 plus is too much then a clone mongoose cable as well that is designed for JLR, Jaguar/Landrover.

When you get to programming you will need a proper battery support system and that item will probably be the most expensive piece you will need to buy once you get to
programming.

The main reason why people brick a module is because part way thru programming power falls too low and programming simply fails.
Well,,, that's clearer! Thank you

Old 12-04-2019, 06:49 PM
Veteran Member

But still,,, as I pointed out and questioned- from the BD site,,, the V130 doesn't appear to be described as an instrument that will flash or reprogram. See below

Old 12-05-2019, 01:57 PM
Veteran Member

I've been watching lots and lots of FORD IDS system descriptions from walk throughs of the IDS system itself to flashing, programming and reprogramming examples - lots of things... I will continue. It does not seem all that difficult once familiar with the IDS diagnostic systems itself....

I know Ford is not exactly Jaguar,,, but would/should I expect a lot of similarities between the two IDS systems??? - of course abbreviations will be different (and other things). But is the IDS menu and command system/layout basically the same,,, in y'all's experience?

Without being tied into the internet and actually communicating with JLR server,,, I really don't think i will have access to the post flash data codes I will need to reprogram a module/component. BUT if I am familiar enough with the IDS system,,, I can get myself right to the POINT where I am ready with my module repairs and then RENT some time from the JDS server???? It expensive, by the hour, but if I am prepared I can really cut down on the time I am on the TOPix JLR server and just be inn and out fast.

What I've seen in vids where they are reprogramming entire ECUs (PCM in the case of Ford I think was the acronym) they enter all of the information about the car,,,, including the OLD ECU part number to be flashed and reprogrammed with the ignition off. The IDS system prompts and reprompts to turn the key to the on position to continue. Once the key is turned on it TRICKS the IDS system into flashing the foreign non original part,,, then 1, 2, 3 times it begins rewriting or over writing the old programing on the new foreign module. Me,,, I'm wondering if that would be the process with the say,,, ca body control or security modules in a Jag???

Thoughts???
I'm all all all ears...

PS... I've gone ahead and ordered a battery charging system that will stream a constant 30amps not allowing the battery to fall below the DANGER threshold... Anyways,,, what I understand is that IDS systems (with an icon) will warn if power levels fall to low...

This is getting fun.

Old 12-11-2019, 05:42 PM
Veteran Member

From this I started a dedicated thread for the water-logged car, here... Just in case folks were curious.

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...thread-226577/