XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) 1996 - 2006

Floor Mats [from AutoEtc on eBay]

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2011, 06:11 AM
Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Reverend Sam
Go back a page or two and look at my black mats. To my eye the black mats looks just a tiny shade darker than the black carpet of the car. However, in the pics it looks a LOT darker. When I order again eventually I'm going to get the charcoal mats. I think that will be a closer match.
I saw that. They don't offer the charcoal as a color for the berber mats. You are limited to 5 colors. Also the berber have a lighter color weaved into the material so it isn't such a solid color.

Now I can't quite decide if I should get a heel pad or not. The ad text on Avery's Floor Mats website states that a heel pad is not needed with the berber mats with "average mat wear". I guess I'm not sure how "average" I am!

Old 03-03-2011, 08:03 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,261 Likes on 565 Posts

Originally Posted by 45Wheelgun
I saw that. They don't offer the charcoal as a color for the berber mats. You are limited to 5 colors. Also the berber have a lighter color weaved into the material so it isn't such a solid color.

Now I can't quite decide if I should get a heel pad or not. The ad text on Avery's Floor Mats website states that a heel pad is not needed with the berber mats with "average mat wear". I guess I'm not sure how "average" I am!
I bought the el cheapo mats about 10,000 miles ago and the heal wear is barely noticeable. In hindsight I wish I had purchased charcoal plush mats with a heel pad, but I don't think it it would have made a significant difference over the last 10K. I'll probably buy new mats before I wear these out.

Old 03-03-2011, 09:48 AM
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Kind of a long story how I finally ordered these mats. I first saw a post on the forum about autoEtc with a picture of mats with a leaper logo and loved them. I could not find autoEtc on ebay.

I did a search on Google and found Avery Mats. I called and spoke to Dena about ordering mats with the leaper logo. I looked at the carpet colors on their site that closely matched what i was looking for and asked Dena if she had sample swatches. She was very nice to send me samples of the colors and different types of carpet they offered. Took about a week for the samples to arrive. I sat in my car with the samples and matched the color to my car. Loved the Berber. I then called Dena to order but she was on vacation. Spoke to a women who told me that they were not licensed to do the Jaguar Leaper logo and there was no way they could do it. Needless to say I was very disappointed.

I then went back on eBay and saw an auction for custom mats with the leaper logo. I immediately hit the buy it now and emailed the seller to give them the info on my car to make the mats. Got an email back with a number to call the seller. Called the seller and guess what? It was Avery/AutoEtc which is the same company. I told the seller that I was told they they could not do the Leaper logo and he said that they could do it and he did not know why the women that I spoke to told me that they could not. So anyway I ordered the Berber mats with the logo and the heel pad. I think that the reason I got the price that I did was
because of all the confusion. Sorry for such a long story.

Last edited by bassmania; 03-03-2011 at 10:33 AM.
Old 03-03-2011, 10:00 AM
Veteran member
Received 1,151 Likes on 753 Posts

Heelpad ... yes! as soon as you notice that worn spot 6 mos down the road, you'll wish you had it. They mats should last forever with that protection.

Old 03-04-2011, 03:36 PM
Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Where to buy with logo?

Originally Posted by bassmania
Just came in today. Great fit. These are their plush Berber carpets.
Hello!

I went to the avery site but looks like they don't sell directly. Can you please tell me what company sells these with the Jag logo like yours?

Thank you!

SirJag (Former Philly Resident!) :-)

The following users liked this post:
99XJR (03-05-2011)
Old 03-05-2011, 09:48 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Floor Mats

These are very nice looking mats! Would you mind sharing the product or model/order # with us? Or would you rather keep these beautifulmats to yourself? Thank for your unselfishness!
Originally Posted by bassmania
Kind of a long story how I finally ordered these mats. I first saw a post on the forum about autoEtc with a picture of mats with a leaper logo and loved them. I could not find autoEtc on ebay.

I did a search on Google and found Avery Mats. I called and spoke to Dena about ordering mats with the leaper logo. I looked at the carpet colors on their site that closely matched what i was looking for and asked Dena if she had sample swatches. She was very nice to send me samples of the colors and different types of carpet they offered. Took about a week for the samples to arrive. I sat in my car with the samples and matched the color to my car. Loved the Berber. I then called Dena to order but she was on vacation. Spoke to a women who told me that they were not licensed to do the Jaguar Leaper logo and there was no way they could do it. Needless to say I was very disappointed.

I then went back on eBay and saw an auction for custom mats with the leaper logo. I immediately hit the buy it now and emailed the seller to give them the info on my car to make the mats. Got an email back with a number to call the seller. Called the seller and guess what? It was Avery/AutoEtc which is the same company. I told the seller that I was told they they could not do the Leaper logo and he said that they could do it and he did not know why the women that I spoke to told me that they could not. So anyway I ordered the Berber mats with the logo and the heel pad. I think that the reason I got the price that I did was because of all the confusion. Sorry for such a long story.

Old 03-05-2011, 09:58 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by SirJag
Hello!

I went to the avery site but looks like they don't sell directly. Can you please tell me what company sells these with the Jag logo like yours?

Thank you!

SirJag (Former Philly Resident!) :-)
They sell on eBay under the name "Auto Etc". Here's a link to their eBay store: http://stores.ebay.com/Auto-Etc

Even if you don't see the mats for your car in their eBay store, just contact them through eBay. They have many more mats than they put on eBay.

Old 03-06-2011, 09:17 AM

Ditto with Sam

Old 03-06-2011, 12:23 PM
Veteran member
Received 1,151 Likes on 753 Posts

+2 above^ absolutely, email them, tell them what you want, get a price, then they'll tell you to purchase the item on ebay for your model, you'll then make a payment for the auction, then make a separate paypal payment to them for the 'extras', like heel pad, color logo, full thread edge stitching (instead of vynil edge), etc. They are good to deal with via email before and after the purchase.

Old 03-06-2011, 07:52 PM

Hello 99XJR,

Go to http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1998-...item25618888e4 and bid on the item. Then contact Dena or John at 573-373-5347 and tell them what you want. I ordered the
dark tan luxury touring berber carpet with the Jaguar logo and a heel pad. The company is Avery but they don't sell to the public except through eBay. Let me know how it works out.

Old 03-15-2011, 08:07 AM

Anyone know where to get decent vinyl floor mats? I bought some cheap ones until I find nice mats. My horse boots sometimes do not mesh well with carpet

Old 03-15-2011, 08:11 AM

I guess it would help to know what year...98. Thanks all

Old 03-15-2011, 08:30 AM
Veteran Member

Well, I DON'T recommend the "custom" mats by WeatherTech. I bought a set of the WeatherTech mats for my son's Saab 9-3. They cost $70 plus shipping, and they were supposed to be a custom fit. When they showed up they were no different than the rubber mats you can buy at Pep Boys for half that price. They weren't "custom", they were just generic mats that the WeatherTech people determined would fit in the foot well of a Saab. And when I installed them they didn't even fit very well.

If you think about it, it makes sense that the rubber mats can't be custom fit to every car. To make them, the manufacturer has to design a complicated mold. It's just not cost effective to make a mold for every model of car. For the carpets, the manufacturer just has to cut out the right pattern and bind the edge. It's much easier to make custom carpets than custom rubber mats. I'm sure there are a few car models that are so common that the rubber mats fit perfectly, but don't count on finding one for your XK.

Last edited by Reverend Sam; 03-15-2011 at 08:52 AM. Reason: My third grade teacher called me from her grave to tell me the difference between "then" and "than".
Old 03-15-2011, 08:49 AM

That would be the reason I cannot find them. I like those black custom mats in this thread, but I know they would not stay that clean. No matter how much horse hair and sawdust I think I remove from myself I still have to vacuum the Jag when the day is over.

Old 03-15-2011, 09:03 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by TaylorSSXK8
That would be the reason I cannot find them. I like those black custom mats in this thread, but I know they would not stay that clean. No matter how much horse hair and sawdust I think I remove from myself I still have to vacuum the Jag when the day is over.
Here's a thought: Buy two sets of mats from Auto Etc. Get a set of the cheap mats to use when you're going to be rustling steers (or whatever it is you're doing on horseback), and get a second set of the nice plush mats to throw in the car when you take Ellie-Mae or Miss Kitty to the hoedown. You could also get some of that sticky plastic film that car dealers and some repair shops put over the carpet to protect it. Just put it underneath the mat and up the sides, that way you can take out the dirty mat and vacuum up the loose stuff when you vacuum the jag on a daily basis. Then you can swap out the mats when you go to one of them fancy shindigs with eeelectric lights and indoor outhouses.

Old 03-15-2011, 09:06 AM
Veteran Member
Received 200 Likes on 176 Posts

Taylorssxk8
When I got my car it had the original floor mats ( It's a limited addition mat). So I had a pair of black rubber mats purchased at Sam's Club, a 4 pc. set. That I temporarily put in and they actually fit pretty good. I did buy a set from Auto tech and they where pretty close in design to the originals. I don't know if the Sam's club still sell the generic mats or not, you might look.
Doug
2001 XKR Silverstone

Old 03-15-2011, 09:39 AM

Thanks Doug. Funny! I bought the 2 piece mats from sams when I bought the car last year. I don't like them. They do work. I will give them that!

Old 03-16-2011, 05:33 PM
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Reverend Sam
Here are the pics. In the car the mats actually match the color of the carpet. The flash makes the mats look a lot darker and the carpet lighter.

Hi Rev, Where can I get mats in this picture? Thanks!

Old 03-16-2011, 05:37 PM

Those r the ones I may get for my guy. Oh and I just bought a jaguar bridle for my horse. Lol

Old 03-16-2011, 09:17 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Gameblaster1
Hi Rev, Where can I get mats in this picture? Thanks!
Click HERE

I know... that doesn't look like the mats in my car. But that seller custom makes all the mats exactly to your specifications. That's where I bought mine. Over on the right side of the page there's a link you can click on to ask them questions. To add the Jag leaper is an extra $15 and I highly recommend the $10 upgrade to plush mats. Mine are decent, but they are rather thin, and definitely don't feel like the heavy, factory mats. You can also have them put a heel thingy on the driver's mat to prevent wear on the carpet where your heel rests while driving. I recommend that option. I have about 10,000 miles on my mats and the carpet is starting to get a little worn in that spot.

You can pick whichever color thread you want for the logo, and you can pick the type of binding you want on the edge. They have lots and lots of options, and I think everyone who has purchased the mats would recommend them. Mine only cost me $60 or $70. That's pretty darn cheap for custom mats that fit my car perfectly with a cool logo.

Last edited by Reverend Sam; 03-16-2011 at 09:19 PM.

Quick Reply: Floor Mats [from AutoEtc on eBay]