XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) 1996 - 2006

Front Wing/ Fender Damage - Repair or Replace

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2017 | 03:37 PM
Veteran Member
Cool That Sea Frost Jag!!

Rob L,

In the USA, that Fender/Wing would cost about $11 Hundred Bucks! It would probably cost at least that much more to install and paint it.....$2,500.00 might get you out the door! But, I'm sure they will find a way to charge your Credit Card $3,500.00......You know, how they are.....down at the Jag Store..!

Sea Frost is really a nice color! Keep it Pretty.........Stay away from Birds!

Billy Clyde in Houston

Old 08-27-2017 | 10:21 AM
|

Originally Posted by bcprice36
Rob L,

In the USA, that Fender/Wing would cost about $11 Hundred Bucks! It would probably cost at least that much more to install and paint it.....$2,500.00 might get you out the door! But, I'm sure they will find a way to charge your Credit Card $3,500.00......You know, how they are.....down at the Jag Store..!

Sea Frost is really a nice color! Keep it Pretty.........Stay away from Birds!

Billy Clyde in Houston
Cheers Billy. Once i get a result i will report back.

Any work i get done will not be done by a dealer so hopefully i could keep the full cost below £500 for second hand parts and fitting and painting, i have not had anything like this done for a while so im maybe assuming a lot

Old 08-27-2017 | 02:57 PM
Veteran Member
Smile Insurance will take care of it!

Rob L,

In the USA, you could turn this in as a Comprehensive Loss claim...It would be considered the same as a Rock hitting the Windshield and you would only have to pay the Deductible that you selected for that coverage. Generally, the Comprehensive deductible is less than the Collison deductible.......So, all you do is turn in the Claim and the Insurance Company would pay anything over the Deductible and if you have Rental Car Coverage, they will provide you with a Rental Car, while the Car is being repaired!

All this depends on whether you have Insurance!

Good Luck to you!

Billy Clyde in Houston

Old 08-29-2017 | 02:52 PM

i love your car! have you thought of clear front markers & repeaters to get rid of the orange color?

Old 08-30-2017 | 05:52 AM
|

Originally Posted by bcprice36
Rob L,

In the USA, you could turn this in as a Comprehensive Loss claim...It would be considered the same as a Rock hitting the Windshield and you would only have to pay the Deductible that you selected for that coverage. Generally, the Comprehensive deductible is less than the Collison deductible.......So, all you do is turn in the Claim and the Insurance Company would pay anything over the Deductible and if you have Rental Car Coverage, they will provide you with a Rental Car, while the Car is being repaired!

All this depends on whether you have Insurance!

Good Luck to you!

Billy Clyde in Houston

Hi Billy

I do have fully comprehensive insurance. As the dent is quite minor, i could get it repaired for just about the same price as the excess i would have to pay for any repair. So its not worth having it on my claim history. I have no claim discount protection but they always ask about recent claims when you apply for insurance, this still affects the cost of the insurance albeit to a lesser degree.

Insurance companies are really tight and they would just repair the dent caused by the bird and they would not replace the actual panel. I have seen damage to one of my old cars which was an Audi a4, the wing was badly damaged and i was certain they would replace it but it turns out they repaired it instead and not very well i might add.

Originally Posted by prettybluefin
i love your car! have you thought of clear front markers & repeaters to get rid of the orange color?
Thanks, to be honest i cant say i cant say i have seen clear markers and repeaters. After looking they do look better. My orange repeaters dont bother me though and i have not modified the car in any way. It certainly something to think about as it gives the car a cleaner look,