XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) 1996 - 2006

Heater issue

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2012, 02:33 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by WhiteXKR
Attached is the climate control diagnostic document. You can actually get error codes on the climate display with the specific key sequences defined in the document (see page 11).

The system is quite complex, so your problem may or may not be the inside temp. sensor (which is located behind the little approx 1" square grill on the lower dash, behind the steering wheel).
Thanks for PDF with climate control info. I had already gone through the codes, but got a "0", for errors, so figured I had to start looking elsewhere. This will help with the hunt.

Old 01-28-2012, 02:51 PM
GGG
Received 16,852 Likes on 12,186 Posts

Originally Posted by mikeeadyjr
yeah did... the heat is not working at all i don't know where to start
Have you followed this thread all the way through from Gus and test points original replies to moonpetal38's question?

Old 12-24-2013, 11:24 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by GGG

Have you followed this thread all the way through from Gus and test points original replies to moonpetal38's question?
Well I finally got the heating problem solved. It was a clogged core. I fould this out AFTER pulling the heater pump out. Get it all back togather to find out that the floor vent (both sides) only work. How does the heater vavle work? What does it control as far as the left vent right vent top and bottom vent.

Last edited by mikeeadyjr; 12-24-2013 at 11:43 AM.
Old 12-24-2013, 11:48 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,988 Likes on 2,125 Posts

Originally Posted by mikeeadyjr
Well I finally got the heating problem solved. It was a clogged core. I fould this out AFTER pulling the heater pump out. Get it all back togather to find out that the floor vent (both sides) only work. How does the heater vavle work? What does it control as far as the left vent right vent top and bottom vent.

The valve controls all the heat in the car, it is not selective.

If only the floor vents work, you likely have a blend door problem. Have you tried to read the climate codes on the console as described in the .pdf posted earlier in this thread.

Old 12-24-2013, 02:07 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by WhiteXKR

The valve controls all the heat in the car, it is not selective.

If only the floor vents work, you likely have a blend door problem. Have you tried to read the climate codes on the console as described in the .pdf posted earlier in this thread.
I check the codes. Im thinking it was the core it did not fushed good I didnt like the stream it looked slightly weak to me. Im going to put CLR in the core alone and see what it do. I don't think I'm going to do it today I'm going to just drive it for the rest of the week and see what happens and then I will procede from tbere.

Last edited by mikeeadyjr; 12-24-2013 at 02:53 PM.
Old 12-25-2013, 08:17 PM
Received 130 Likes on 103 Posts

The heat has always been weak on my 2000 XK8, I've become accustomed to it. There's always a tumble of cold air coming off the left side of the dash - something others' have reported and I've gotten used to.

The other bitter cold evening - near zero or below - I got fed up and turned the temperature to MAX and pushed the recirculating air button. Instantly, the cold air off the dash stopped and in a few minutes it was actually really warm in the car. So warm that I had to turn the temperature down a bit. That's a first for me with this car (indeed, maybe a first for ANY English car), I should have done this earlier.

Frustratingly, however, the recirculating feature only stays on for a while, then shuts off so you have to keep an eye on it. Why would that be, I wonder...

Old 09-21-2014, 05:26 PM
Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Spurlee

Frustratingly, however, the recirculating feature only stays on for a while, then shuts off so you have to keep an eye on it. Why would that be, I wonder...
Press and hold down the recirculate button for a few seconds and it will lock on to recirculate until you press it again. If you just briefly depress it the air con unit will switch it off after a while (I think when it gets to temperature). I think it is in the drivers handbook if you take a look.

Old 10-23-2014, 12:02 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heater issue

Spurlee
Thanks for the post. I had the same problem and after following the advise by White XKR to get my diagnostic codes I replaced my auxiliary pump and flushed the heater core. I now have heat that I forgot was possible - just in time for winter in Oregon.