XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) 1996 - 2006
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help Alarm going off

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2022, 07:32 AM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Help Alarm going off

Just unlocked the Jag, and the alarm started going off. No beeps when unlocking, I guess it stopped of its own accord, nothing I could do would stop it. Got the one reader out nothing came up to do with alarm or anything associated, then all of a sudden engine running checking the the reader and off it goes again. Pulled the sounder fuse 3 5amp under bonnet, that did nothing. Help please

Old 03-12-2022, 09:31 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,296 Likes on 897 Posts

What's up Man. Interesting and annoying set O problems...

Hate to make you do this but,,, can you be a bit clearer. There are lots of things involved in the alarm system. The doors, hood, boot lid,,, the module itself and the fob... The key and door lock functions as well, as whether you are able (or not) to set the alarm or turn it off with the key in the door lock...? Has the alarm ever functioned properly, or does it function intermittently?

Do you ever get a chirp from the alarm that is MUCH higher in tone than the normal "SET" chirp - even when you KNOW everything is closed?

Do you have a boot, hood, door warning message that when they are closed, or open, it doesn't square with their actual positions/state? Things like this...

Have ya gotten water in the trunk? In the area just at the rear most RH side of the boot when looking at the car from behind...? The locking and alarm control module is UNDER the trunk fuse box.

Any further info you can add would be helpful.

The following users liked this post:
Johnken (03-12-2022)
Old 03-12-2022, 12:04 PM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Ok, I unlocked the car with the fob, no chirps which is unusual, I’m not sure now whether I opened the boot/trunk or the alarm just went off, tried locking and unlocking with the fob no difference, I then started the engine, alarm still going off, disconnected the battery, still going off. Eventually it stopped. I got out my obd reader to see if anything would show up, nothing showing. With the reader connected and engine running the alarm went off again, I then pulled fuse 3 5amp for the sounder under the bonnet/hood still nothing, I the put the key in the door and turned backwards and forwards a few times in desperation the alarm stopped. So far it hasn’t gone off since. When locking and unlocking with the fob it starting chipping again, but then going out shopping no chirping again, so something is still not right.