Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help Me Pick Exhaust Tips

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2013, 01:43 AM
Veteran member
Received 168 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by azeteg
The OEMs look gorgeous. How do I fit them on? Welding required?

I'm a little afraid of going for the Adamesh straight pipes, don't want the beauty to be too noisy. I like it understated.
If you look carefully at my photo of the OEM finishers above, you can just make out the bolts at the top of the picture. There are two Allen key bolts on each finisher and these are just tightened over the exhaust pipe. It takes literally 30 seconds.

I have a semi straight through exhaust in that I deleted the back boxes. Like you, I didn't want to change or amplify the exhaust note too much, but the system I got from XKZ (see eBay UK) was just right: just slightly more of the same noise.

Old 05-31-2013, 10:48 AM
Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by XK8+XJ8L
Well folks, as sort of the final chapter in this saga, let me show you the little modification I made to these tips. I grabbed my handy-dandy Dremel Moto-Tool, chucked up 2 inch cut-off wheel (turns out that 3 inch would also have fit) and sliced off about 3 inches of that internal pipe. I then re-painted the insides flat black, and I really like the results.

The way it was:

Here's how it looks now:

Cheers,

These are BY FAR my favorite , BUT...I have concerns if they would/will, fit the bumper cut-outs in my '01 XK8 rear bumper.

Has anyone installed them in the bumpers with the differently shaped cut-outs? Any pics available?

Any tips on modifications to be able to use these..?

Attached Thumbnails Help Me Pick Exhaust Tips-dsc_0034560.jpg   Help Me Pick Exhaust Tips-dsc_0356560.jpg   Help Me Pick Exhaust Tips-dsc_0355560.jpg   Help Me Pick Exhaust Tips-dsc_0354560.jpg  
Old 05-31-2013, 10:56 AM
Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by XK8+XJ8L
OK guys, I’ve got a little revelation to share here. I’ve been a bit confused. Some tips that I’ve seen on pictures that pretty much fill the bumper cutout look skimpy when I do a photo mock-up of them on my car. The light came on when I decided that Matt’s after-market tips are just a bit larger than my stock tips and look great on his car. Well, somewhere along the line the factory may have enlarged the cutout and the tips, or at least made the bumper cover extend down more. I have taken the picture of Matt’s 2003 and overlaid the right side of my 2006 stern on it, correcting the color as best I could. To me, it’s a significantly different look.

I bought a set of the Ractive T820s. (4.5 x 3.25 inch oval). Haven’t installed them, but here’s what they would look like. I’m holding off a bit because I’ve been talking to Jason down at Nameless Performance and they may be doing something for me. More to come on that, but I’m pretty impressed with his knowledge of Jaguar exhausts.

Hang in there guys, Spring is coming.

My cut-outs are shaped like the LEFT side of the silver car, in the photo-shopped pic above.

The cut-oust seem to be smaller and perhaps more shallow with the molded ridge around the perimeter.

Is it true that my style measures less than 6 inches across, making it impossible to fit the 6.25 inche wide tips ????

Attached Thumbnails Help Me Pick Exhaust Tips-cutoutcompare.jpg   Help Me Pick Exhaust Tips-ractive1-1b.jpg  

Last edited by Jazz Cat; 05-31-2013 at 11:18 AM.