XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) 1996 - 2006

HELP!! trying to wire up Single Din pioneer!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2014, 07:17 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP!! trying to wire up Single Din pioneer!!

Hi i have a xk8 2003 with the alpine factory audio system. i have fitted new switch pannel and facia etc. i do have the wiring diagram for a 2003 xk8 but the colours and locations dont seen to tally up.
Trying to wire in DIN connectors but on the back of the radio/casette there is a white plug with two ignition feeds and a yellow (ford) plug. cant find any info on this yellow? or can it not be done??

Old 03-25-2014, 07:23 AM

Have the colours for the wires on the yellow plug:
RED/GREEN
RED/BLUE
BLUE/YELLOW
GREEN/BLACK
BLUE/YELLOW
ORANGE
RED/WHITE
BLUE/WHITE
BLACK/WHITE
YELLOW
GREEN/WHITE

Old 03-25-2014, 08:12 AM
Received 6,332 Likes on 5,517 Posts

Welcome to the forum Adam, I'm sure someone will be able to help soon, in the meantime don't forget to post your intro in the new members section.

Old 03-25-2014, 05:18 PM
Veteran Member
Received 542 Likes on 354 Posts

Your wires look (almost!) OK, which diagram are you using? The color scheme doesn't change after MY2000, but before then it was different.

In the order you've given them, I see their identification as follows

Red/Green - Dimmer control o'ride, Red/Blue - Dimmer controlled lighting, Blue/Yellow - Cell phone, Green/Black - Aerial Motor, Blue/Yellow - Cell phone audio -ve, Orange/Yellow (Not Orange?) - Vehicle speed, Red/White - Steering wheel controls, Blue (Not Blue/White?) - Cell phone audio +ve, White/Black - Cell phone mute, Yellow (Premium Sound only) Telephone mute, Green/White - Cell phone.

Hope that's what you need.

Old 03-25-2014, 08:59 PM
Received 681 Likes on 490 Posts
Default Alpine?!?

If you have the Alpine there may be an optical link to the amps that nothing I know of connects to. When I did, have an XKR with the Alpine (or had), it I had to replace the amp and decided, what the hell, and replaced all the speakers (most were rotten).

Old 03-25-2014, 10:49 PM
Veteran Member
Received 182 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by adam1988
Hi i have a xk8 2003 with the alpine factory audio system. i have fitted new switch pannel and facia etc. i do have the wiring diagram for a 2003 xk8 but the colours and locations dont seen to tally up.
Trying to wire in DIN connectors but on the back of the radio/casette there is a white plug with two ignition feeds and a yellow (ford) plug. cant find any info on this yellow? or can it not be done??

Contact WhiteXKR, he's an expert and likely has or can make a harness for you.

Mark

Old 03-26-2014, 04:42 PM

Firstly thanks to everyone for your help. got it sorted in the end, yes audio is sent from the old head unit via optics so thats a no go. had to make up my own loom from speaker connector plug under arm rest up to the center consule. then wire up power, earth and antena from old plug.

Old 03-18-2015, 01:42 AM
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Harness for Alpine radio with the big yellow Ford plug?

I have the same Alpine radio as mentioned in this thread, the one with a 12-pin white plug and the 26-pin yellow plug. It seems that around 2001 they changed the unit and so the standard harness supplied by folks like NEXXIA don't work. (I found that out after paying around $US60 for the harness and postage)

I am trying to find the other side of those original harness plugs so that I can wire them up to a new Pioneer radio without butchering the original harness. I have searched high and low but cannot locate the opposite plugs. If anybody knows where to find them please respond.

Many thanks,

Nigel

Attached Thumbnails HELP!! trying to wire up Single Din pioneer!!-alpine-radio-harness-plugs.jpg  
Old 03-18-2015, 09:01 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,988 Likes on 2,125 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Aussie B'Stard
I have the same Alpine radio as mentioned in this thread, the one with a 12-pin white plug and the 26-pin yellow plug. It seems that around 2001 they changed the unit and so the standard harness supplied by folks like NEXXIA don't work. (I found that out after paying around $US60 for the harness and postage)

I am trying to find the other side of those original harness plugs so that I can wire them up to a new Pioneer radio without butchering the original harness. I have searched high and low but cannot locate the opposite plugs. If anybody knows where to find them please respond.

Many thanks,

Nigel
See this write-up: 12 Pin adapter

You will need to get a couple of these Mazda adapters and do a bit of reconfiguration:
Autoleads PC2-10-4 Car Audio Harness Adaptor Lead - Mazda: Amazon.co.uk: Car & Motorbike Autoleads PC2-10-4 Car Audio Harness Adaptor Lead - Mazda: Amazon.co.uk: Car & Motorbike

Old 03-19-2015, 09:54 PM
Default Connections for 2002 XJ8 Sport radio harness

Thanks for that WhiteXKR. I had read the thread you listed and hoped to avoid the pain he went through to get it to work but looks like I may just have to bite the bullet on this. I did locate a version of that 12-pin plug (but not the yellow one), it was associated with a Parrot installation:

Autoleads SOT-098 Jaguar S-Type, XF, XJR, XJ8, XKR, X-Type Parrot SOT Lead

Nexxia are not responding to my request for that plug in place of what they sent me so I will have to source it elsewhere. That form of plug doesn't seem to exist in the US, all eBay listings point back to the UK which, with postage, doubles the cost.

Old 03-19-2015, 10:12 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,988 Likes on 2,125 Posts

As an alternative, consider just tapping the wires with these: Posi-Tap- No Crimp Tap

They are very reliable, and just make a pinhole in the wires. I ship them with all my kits and the feedback has been overwhelmingly positive.

Old 03-21-2015, 08:07 PM
Default Mazda plug - check. Posi-Tap from Yellow plug - gonna have to.

Originally Posted by WhiteXKR
As an alternative, consider just tapping the wires with these: Posi-Tap- No Crimp Tap

They are very reliable, and just make a pinhole in the wires. I ship them with all my kits and the feedback has been overwhelmingly positive.

Thanks, I agree. If I could find the male part of the Yellow plug I'd be all set but no luck there either. I remember that FRYS used to carry all sort of bits and pieces but now they are just like the big box stores.

The MAZDA plug fits nicely. I think that I may be able to move the pins around in there to suit the configuration of the original white plug. If I get this working I will post results. I'm beginning to think the purists are right - the Jaguar is telling me to leave it alone, it's happy with the original old stereo. :-)