XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) 1996 - 2006

Heritage, First Months Ownership, and....

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2013, 03:41 PM
Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts
Default On Heritage, First Months Ownership, and....

So I've had my '01 XK8 for a month now....

Had the "check gas cap" warning and the CEL on the second appearance...

Had the ABS light, found extremely dirty RR wheel speed sensor....

but, so it goes....

Last night was a very nice evening, weatherwise, here on the Southern-most shores of the Great Lakes (Lake Michigan/Chicago suburbs). I picked up a lady friend at dusk and went for ice cream. (Of course I had the top down on an 85* starry night). She has been critical of my purchase of the "Old Money Pit".....but as of last night I had repaired the loose door card on the passenger side, and thoroughly clean the carpet and leather.

She had no complaints last night...! Durring the hour we were together last night, I got FOUR compliments on the car.....

So after I took her home I drove around for another hour or better, and low and behold I ran into the same Audi R8 I posted about a few weeks ago. The guy has a mansion on the lake and there was also a white Lambo Murcielago in the drive. The gentleman has nice taste and my old Cat caught his attention as I drove past. I gave a friendly wave and he reciprocated.

I'm here to say, that after my first month of ownership, I'm PROUD to join in the Heritage that is Jaguar...and am reminded of the days I hung out (drank) with the TWR Racing crew in the late 80's-early 90's, out of Valparaiso Indiana when they were winning championships at Le Mans and Daytona with the "Silk Cut" XJR9 (that led to the XJ220 and XJR15 and more). Study this little tid-bit http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Walkinshaw_Racing These boys were BAD-AZZED ! (and did they ever get the girlz ! ) They were on top of the racing world.

The body lines on these XK's are truly, rolling art !(of course, you all know that).

PS. I nearly forgot....while at the DQ (ice cream stand) A new red convertible A4 cruised past and the driver strained his neck looking at my Jag....haha, so much so that he turned around and cruised back past more slowly.

All I could think of, was : SINK THE BISMARK......
Cheers Old Sports !

PPS The Rolling Stones are in Chicago this weekend. I've acquired a decal of Mick Jaggar/Rolling Stones "lips" with a UnionJack tongue for the rear bumper temporarily

Attached Images  

Last edited by Jazz Cat; 05-30-2013 at 04:19 PM.
Old 05-30-2013, 04:20 PM
Veteran Member
Received 540 Likes on 403 Posts

You need to get a bit more enthusiastic about owning this vintage XK8

Doug