XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) 1996 - 2006

High flow cats

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2017, 10:48 AM
Received 57 Likes on 30 Posts
Default High flow cats

Where did you get your high flow cats? I think Im going to make a purchase pretty soon, since I have a pulley upgrade on the way. How much has it really improved the car, to those of you who have it on. Is it an easy install or Direct Fit?

Is for a 2002 XKR with a 4.0

Old 03-28-2017, 12:10 PM
dsd
Veteran Member
Received 326 Likes on 231 Posts

I don't have one, but I believe Nameless is popular.

Old 03-28-2017, 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by dsd
I don't have one, but I believe Nameless is popular.
OK thank you, I'll check them out

Old 03-28-2017, 09:25 PM
Veteran Member
Received 918 Likes on 654 Posts
Thumbs up

Lossking, Eurotoys in Chicago has a real nice set for $1,299.00. That's just for the Cats, then you have to put them on! What I did instead is to buy a couple little 2 1/2" 200 Cell Magnaflow Cats and had a Hot Rod Shop here in Houston build me a set that hook-up to my Quicksilver Exhaust-System.....I found a wrecked XJR, whose Manifolds are more streamlined than the XKR's, as they exit at the rear in a 45 degree angle instead of a 90 as the XKR manifold. They have a Ball joint connection instead of a Flange, which makes them more maneuverable. Then run them down to your exhaust pipes and hook them up....Of course you have to weld in the Oxygen Sensors connections before and after the Cats. All of that will probably cost about what Eurotoys charges just for the Cats....What would be better? A good set of Headers made just for the XKR!......I found a guy in England that makes and sells them but they go for about $2500 Bucks US...Considering he is the only one around making them, I guess you would say, "He's got the only deal in town"! Only one I've found anyway......Sure wish someone here in the USA made a set.....Anyway, you can do it! It only cost Money!

Billy Clyde in Houston

Old 03-28-2017, 10:17 PM

Originally Posted by bcprice36
Lossking, Eurotoys in Chicago has a real nice set for $1,299.00. That's just for the Cats, then you have to put them on! What I did instead is to buy a couple little 2 1/2" 200 Cell Magnaflow Cats and had a Hot Rod Shop here in Houston build me a set that hook-up to my Quicksilver Exhaust-System.....I found a wrecked XJR, whose Manifolds are more streamlined than the XKR's, as they exit at the rear in a 45 degree angle instead of a 90 as the XKR manifold. They have a Ball joint connection instead of a Flange, which makes them more maneuverable. Then run them down to your exhaust pipes and hook them up....Of course you have to weld in the Oxygen Sensors connections before and after the Cats. All of that will probably cost about what Eurotoys charges just for the Cats....What would be better? A good set of Headers made just for the XKR!......I found a guy in England that makes and sells them but they go for about $2500 Bucks US...Considering he is the only one around making them, I guess you would say, "He's got the only deal in town"! Only one I've found anyway......Sure wish someone here in the USA made a set.....Anyway, you can do it! It only cost Money!

Billy Clyde in Houston
Whoa that's interesting! I talked to ET but he said their US warehouse stopped making them due to low demand. Said he could get in touch with his UK warehouse but he needed to know if my car has a slip-fit connection, or a 2-bolt flange that mates to the exhaust. And I have no idea which

Old 03-29-2017, 07:51 AM
Received 37 Likes on 23 Posts

I could only find one or two suppliers in the UK and they are both circa £1000 plus VAT. So it did not seem worth the cost.

Old 03-29-2017, 06:52 PM
Received 115 Likes on 102 Posts

High flow cats will give you more horsepower but what you want is torque. Horsepower is a greater top speed, torque gives you more grunt on acceleration and that's what you can feel. Another by product of a free flowing exhaust is a louder system.

Old 03-29-2017, 07:42 PM
Veteran Member
Smile

Lossking,

You must get under the Car......Look where the Cats come down and connect to your exhaust system......Does the pipe slip over the exhaust pipe or does it butt-up to and bolt-up to a flange. That is what he wants to know.....but as I said, for about the same money you can make your own....Just find a Muffler Shop or a Hot Rod Shop and let them have a go at it......As grandtorino62 sez "It may not get you any more Torque but it will get you on down the road"!

Billy Clyde in Houston

Old 03-29-2017, 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by grantorino62
High flow cats will give you more horsepower but what you want is torque. Horsepower is a greater top speed, torque gives you more grunt on acceleration and that's what you can feel. Another by product of a free flowing exhaust is a louder system.
Doesn't seem like we have much options. Maybe I should just do an ls3 swap lol

Old 03-29-2017, 10:33 PM
Veteran Member

Sorry, but I'm from Texas and I don't know what an Is3 swap is.....Enlighten me!

Billy Clyde in Houston

Old 03-29-2017, 10:41 PM
dsd
Veteran Member

Sorry, but I'm from Texas and I don't know what an Is3 swap is.....Enlighten me!

Billy Clyde in Houston
Big Corvette engine.

Old 03-29-2017, 10:45 PM

Billy Clyde in Houston

Old 03-30-2017, 03:21 PM
Received 38 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by lossking_
woooow....how much does it ended costing you for the swap? manual tranny? I am contemplating of doing this instead buying another in the future

Old 03-30-2017, 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by zidjan
woooow....how much does it ended costing you for the swap? manual tranny? I am contemplating of doing this instead buying another in the future
It's a picture I got from Google, but I would love to do this to my car as well. You can pick up some serious power with just some bolt ons. And it's a LS engine, so it'll last forever! Even stock, these come with 430 horsepower without any mods whatsoever. Now imagine doing some headers, exhaust, throttle body, a cam, manifold, and a tune ... easily put you over 500+. I love my car but there's not too many mods for them. I want to keep mine forever, even if I'm hated by the Jag Community for swapping engines LOL

Last edited by lossking_; 03-30-2017 at 04:09 PM.
Old 03-30-2017, 07:43 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by lossking_
It's a picture I got from Google, but I would love to do this to my car as well. You can pick up some serious power with just some bolt ons. And it's a LS engine, so it'll last forever! Even stock, these come with 430 horsepower without any mods whatsoever. Now imagine doing some headers, exhaust, throttle body, a cam, manifold, and a tune ... easily put you over 500+. I love my car but there's not too many mods for them. I want to keep mine forever, even if I'm hated by the Jag Community for swapping engines LOL
Now I understand Is3.....If you had used LS3, I would have known! Even down here in Texas! BC

Old 03-30-2017, 08:14 PM
dsd
Veteran Member

I think the issue was lower "L", "l", not "I".