XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) 1996 - 2006

Hofele Jaguar XK Body Kit/Conversion

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2013, 12:22 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I'll see if he can just duplicate what ever is on the right side.

Old 02-20-2013, 02:57 PM
Veteran Member
Received 580 Likes on 477 Posts

You could always relocate the fog lamp, personally I prefer symmetry so would go for both white.
I have the same issue with the XF conversion and on my own car will relocate the fog lamp into the centre of the bumper just above the diffuser, going to actually use a high level brake light from a Ford Cougar, just because I happen to have one to hand

Old 02-20-2013, 03:15 PM

Yeah we don't have fog lights in the rear tail lights here. I don't even see how that would help. We have brake, tail, reverse, and signal lights. 2 of each (1 on each side). Do you think you'll be able to figure out the wiring for us spec cars without one there?

Also you should make a grill for the verendum kit for the upper and lower opening, Your kit looks super awesome, but the mesh is just so fast and furious (I know the xkr has mesh).

Think about it, everyone you sold a verendum kit to would definitely buy it and every one hereafter would to (as long as its not to expensive)
How much would something like cost?

Attached Thumbnails Hofele Jaguar XK Body Kit/Conversion-aston-martin-db9-mansory-front-grill21.jpg  

Last edited by Crushercurtis; 02-20-2013 at 03:20 PM.
Old 02-20-2013, 03:21 PM
Veteran Member
Received 580 Likes on 477 Posts

No problem about the loom and yes I could make something like the Aston grille, I have been thinking about it and already have a design in my head

Old 02-20-2013, 04:05 PM

You haven't thought about an additional cost yet have you? I would definitely want one.

Old 02-20-2013, 05:01 PM
Veteran Member
Received 182 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by Crushercurtis
Laris not sure if you've thought about it, but I requested that all my centers be white instead of 3 with one red one. That one red one is some kind of German thing.
Crushercurtis, I placed my order/paid for it this morning and they asked me about the 3 white and 1 red and I told them to do mine just like yours, all four white.

XKRacer, I told them to ship them to you when they're built so you can do the wiring harness. They need your international VAT number; sent you info in an email. No rush on these as I have mods backed up now because I haven't been able to get away from work to get the parts I have now installed. Thanks again for doing this, I liked these lights from the first time I saw them and have wanted LEDs for a long time but these were the only ones that I found that I liked.

Mark

Old 02-20-2013, 05:49 PM

I heard back from them. They said there not available, but I'm going to see is there's any amount that could get them to make a set or if they have a set number of taillights they'd have to sell at a set price to make manufacturing these worth it to them, then try to get some forum interest. I know its a super long shot but I'm on it!
Let the record reflect, that I delivered!

The following users liked this post:
mjlaris (02-20-2013)
Old 02-20-2013, 08:15 PM
Veteran Member

You most certainly did deliver Crushercurtis and you have my sencere thanks. It's members like you that make this forum so great. Thanks again, we will both have truely unique XKs.

Mark

Old 03-04-2013, 10:46 AM
Veteran Member
Received 515 Likes on 333 Posts

Doesn't Mina or adamesh carry a billet grille for the XK8? I'm sure I saw one.
I'm actually on the way to Knoxville to purchase a 2002 so I'm going to start the mods very soon!
I found the Arden body kit from a gentleman in Canada it's 1200.00 shipped. It seems that's the best price I can find. I'm interested in the killer quad taillights as well featured on this thread. Have they gotten into production yet? And what would cost be to USA.
Hope this car is as hot as it was in pics. I've got cash I'm ready to spend!!
Black on black.

Old 03-04-2013, 10:57 AM
Veteran Member
Received 506 Likes on 258 Posts

Originally Posted by philhef
Doesn't Mina or adamesh carry a billet grille for the XK8? I'm sure I saw one.
I'm actually on the way to Knoxville to purchase a 2002 so I'm going to start the mods very soon!
I found the Arden body kit from a gentleman in Canada it's 1200.00 shipped. It seems that's the best price I can find. I'm interested in the killer quad taillights as well featured on this thread. Have they gotten into production yet? And what would cost be to USA.
Hope this car is as hot as it was in pics. I've got cash I'm ready to spend!!
Black on black.
Where did you find an Arden body kit for $1200. Is it real Arden, or a fiberglass copy? I'd like to buy one as a spare just in case my car is ever damaged. Last I spoke to Arden in Germany, the kit was around $8500 shipped to the USA, and they no longer had my sideskirts, they had the newer ones with the vent inserts.

Please advise.

Thanks,

George

Old 03-04-2013, 11:04 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,577 Likes on 1,419 Posts
Old 03-05-2013, 06:01 AM
Veteran Member

Yes, that's the same kit I saw. It may be the xkr kit though. But I'm pretty sure it's the arden. Shipping to USA is 300. So total is 900.
I'm actually ordering from mina gallery. There's includes all the grilles as well and they're running a special for 1800 for everything, shipping included. And I trust their quality much better. This is the ground effects kit, not the full front bumper kit.

Old 03-05-2013, 06:06 AM
Veteran Member

Nope, just checked, it's the same Arden kit!!
Ad mina will work great deals If you want to add other pieces such as bonnet louvers, interior trim, tail light conversions.

On another note, has anyone blacked their headlights out? The lenses simply unclip so I want to black out some of the chrome and add the halo rings also.

Old 03-05-2013, 08:39 AM
Veteran Member
Received 506 Likes on 258 Posts

That is NOT the Arden kit.

It's an "Arden Style" Cheap fiberglass copy.

I don't know how fitment will be - I suspect with enough work and prep a body shop can make it look "okay".

The Arden pieces are urethane, like the original bumper cover. Plus the real Arden sideskirts have the Arden script in them.

The car they are using the example picture was a car that was For sale on ebay and I believe has a Real Arden it on it.

Buyer beware.

Take care,

George

Old 03-05-2013, 11:22 AM

Arden or not that kit looks horrible. It looks like something that was just tacked onto the bottom of the xk. Why does no one go paragon? Looks 10 times better and I can't wait to get mine.

Originally Posted by philhef
I'm interested in the killer quad taillights as well featured on this thread.
About 1000 bucks

Old 03-06-2013, 05:37 AM
Veteran Member

Arden or not that kit looks horrible. It looks like something that was just tacked onto the bottom of the xk. Why does no one go paragon? Looks 10 times better and I can't wait to get mine.

About 1000 bucks
Just checked out the Paragon kit and it looks STUNNING!!
But unfortunately the price for me to order that kit and have it shipped to USA, I'm looking at 5000.00. And it all needs to be blended to car. By the time I spend that and labor for bodywork and painting entire car, I'm looking at 10,000.00. That's simply not in my budget. I only paid 9900.00 for car to begin with.
I've got a max of 5000.00 I'm willing to spend on my recently purchased XK8. Mina gallery has always sold me very high quality pieces for my other Jaguars and my boxster so I'm going with their kit. Especially being 1800 with everything , including shipping.
I do agree that the ebay kit looks sketchy and it comes with no mesh grilles either
I would prefer that Verendum front bumper though!! I wonder I'df it would fit the factory 2007 grille. Looks like it.

Old 11-04-2014, 02:33 AM
Veteran Member
Received 301 Likes on 148 Posts

Please do it. You should a set of exact replicas. I'm buying your verendum kit (among other things) this spring/summer. I would definitely buy a set of the lights too. I'll give you money now as a good faith deposit to insure the lights will be ready by spring/summer.

You'd have to fight me off.

I heard back from them. They said there not available, but I'm going to see is there any amount that could get make them make a set for me or if they have a set number of taillights they'd have to sell at a set price to make manufacturing these worth it to them, then try to get some forum interest. I know its a super long shot but I'm on it!

These lights (or slightly bigger) molded into that veredum kit would set my soul on fire!
I find all the parts for doing this taillights!
I need only to find surrounds only like photo.

Attached Thumbnails Hofele Jaguar XK Body Kit/Conversion-tail_20.jpg   Hofele Jaguar XK Body Kit/Conversion-tail_22.jpg  
Attached Images  

Last edited by User 070620; 11-04-2014 at 02:39 AM.
Old 11-04-2014, 04:03 AM
Veteran Member

Myself and another forum member, I can't remember his name, bought these quad tail lights two years ago this February (if memory serves me correctly). The company had/has discontinued manufacturing of these lights and the body kit but the other forum member was able to convince them to make one for himself and another for me; the cost was around $1000 each. XKRacer built a wiring harness for us. However, I have not had them installed yet. By the time I got them from XKRacer, I was having health problems, which resulted in a triple heart bypass operation. Not surprisingly, this slowed me down a little. I currently have the Mina Gallery quad tail lights installed on my XKR. I plan to have these new quad tail lights installed when I can but this will likely not be for a while yet.

Mark

Last edited by mjlaris; 11-04-2014 at 04:07 AM.
The following users liked this post:
User 070620 (11-04-2014)
Old 11-04-2014, 09:21 AM
Veteran Member
Received 305 Likes on 217 Posts

I was almost kicking myself for not looking closer at your tail lights when I saw your car, but now I am glad to hear it was running the Mina ones still. I am kicking myself for not looking at the wood you have inside though. Hope all is going well.

-Keith

Old 11-04-2014, 09:41 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by K.Westra
I was almost kicking myself for not looking closer at your tail lights when I saw your car, but now I am glad to hear it was running the Mina ones still. I am kicking myself for not looking at the wood you have inside though. Hope all is going well.

-Keith
I'm doing ok and hope you are as well. Take care,

Mark

Quick Reply: Hofele Jaguar XK Body Kit/Conversion