XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) 1996 - 2006

How limited is the 2005 Carbon Fiber Edition?

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2015, 06:51 PM
Received 43 Likes on 31 Posts

Sorry to have offended.

Old 07-20-2015, 07:03 PM

My real treasure is my XJ-S.

Old 07-21-2015, 12:26 AM
Received 189 Likes on 123 Posts

Gator8,
No offense taken about anything. I'm sure your car is a beauty and I'm sure no one would be offended if you call it a Carbon Fiber Edition. I just wanted you to know what is or isn't. As I told someone else, no one really knows how many of the 05 CF models were sold. Maybe someone who knows how to get the real answer could tell us, but so far no one has offered the help. If your car is a very early 06 build, some of the CF additions were still around and were offered as an option.
To go on a little more, what do your brake and gas pedal and the left hand foot rest look like? Black rubber or-----?
Anyway Gator, welcome to the beautiful world of Carbon Fiber.

Cheers

Old 07-21-2015, 05:52 AM
Veteran Member
Received 516 Likes on 333 Posts

Had a similar thing with the Victory Edition tail lights. When I started a post about changing my 02 tail lights for the tinted Victory edition, other owners of non victory edition XK8, 06 models, they had same lights from the factory and no upgrades on invoice.
Turned out, from a former Jaguar employee at that time, they would pull just about any parts from the bins to finish the cars for special orders if they didn't have the standards in stock that day, so some XK8's actually ledt the factory with special edition parts in the last year of production.

Old 07-21-2015, 06:50 AM

It has the aluminum pedals, the ivory and carbon two-tone interior, the aluminum gearshift surround, the R-style leather-wrapped steering wheel and shift knob, the Apollo 19" rims and the full carbon fiber trim. It was built in March 2005 and sold new by Nalley Jaguar in Atlanta in March 2006. I have owned it since July 2009, buying it from Nalley after they took it back on trade. I'm pleased to not have offended you and as the President of the South Alabama British Car Culb and chair of the 25th Annual British Car Festival, cordially invite you to Fairhope, Ala. for our show on Oct. 24.

Old 07-21-2015, 06:52 AM

Correction--I bought it in July 2011. I bought ny XJ-S in July 2009.

Old 07-21-2015, 12:07 PM

Gator 8.
Good. Sounds like a "Carbon" copy of my car. See pictures on page one.

Thanks for the invite, and will try to attend. Not far from Panama City, Fl.
The problem now is to be able to remember the date. Maybe you can up date as time nears---thanks.

Old 07-21-2015, 05:28 PM

We typically have a number of members of Bay Brits club attend. Our website is www.sabcc.org and online registration for the show is available at British Car Festival Registration, Fairhope | Eventbrite.

My wife is a native of PC. Her parents, her brother and his family still live there. Her dad retired from the Navy lab and her brother works there now.

Old 04-07-2016, 09:06 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default I have named him Winston!

Originally Posted by 05XK8cfe
I just got a 2005 XK8 convertible Carbon Fiber Edition. I read somewhere that only 200 were made for the US market. I was wondering if anyone could verify that.
I live in British Columbia Canada, close to the USA border and purchased a 2006 convertible XK8 Carbon Fiber edition about a year ago. It was owned by a Jaguar collector who has a number of rare jaguars. My XK8 is a platinum metalic with ivory two tone leather interior. I believe it was originally ordered by a woman from Los Angeles who brought it to Vancouver, Canada

The car is in mint condition and has extremely low milage - less than 30k. I only drive it in the summer!

it also has a second ivory tonneau cover and a custom fiber platinum two piece tonneau that I believe was custom ordered from the UK. it has a custom wind deflector that seems to keep the wind from blowing my hair around!!

I store the vehicle all winter and have just brought it out for the summer. It is an incredable treat to drive it here in the spring. I am planning on showing it in the Victoria, British Columbia Jaguar Car gathering in July 2016 - see http://www.jaguarcarclubofvictoria.wildapricot.org/page-1855640

The Jaguar Car Club of Victoria, celebrating its 13th anniversary, is hosting Jaguars On The Island 2016. This is the largest JCNA sanctioned gathering of the famous Jaguar marque in North America.

BTW, I have added a K&M air filter which seems to increase the HP and fuel economy.

Old 04-11-2016, 10:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Add to the Count

Hey All,

Was wondering the same thing as the OP, and came across this thread. Wanted to add my car to the list. I have the Carbon Fiber package on my 05 XK8 as well. Although it's not a special edition as has been made clear by Chuck, I figured that it's at least nice to see what other people with the 05 Jag CF have and touch base with them. I don't have a pic of the interior, but will add one when I get back to the States. Have been stationed in Korea for the last two years, so really looking forward to getting back to my Jag in the States.

Cheers!

Old 04-12-2016, 02:52 AM
GGG
Received 16,865 Likes on 12,186 Posts

Originally Posted by Johann von Steiermark
Was wondering the same thing as the OP, and came across this thread. Wanted to add my car to the list. I have the Carbon Fiber package on my 05 XK8 as well. .......
Welcome to the forum Johann,

Please follow this link New Member Area - Intro a MUST - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum to the New Member Area - Intro a MUST forum and post some info about yourself and your vehicle for all members to see. In return you'll get a proper welcome and some useful advice about posting to the forum.

Graham

Old 04-13-2016, 07:52 AM
Received 140 Likes on 103 Posts

Johann,
If you have all the carbon fibre details, I don't see why it would not be designated a carbon fibre edition. Mine is and it has no special badging to indicate such. Gator8 describes his above and it is the same as mine except for the interior color scheme. (Mine's all black.) So, I'd assume you, Midsmith and Gator8 are the three newest cf edition owners to add to the list.

Old 04-14-2016, 01:33 PM

Hi all.
What I'll try to do now is inform everyone about the 2004 and 2005 Carbon Fiber Edition XK8's. First to note is that the CF Edition was built first in 2004 in the UK, the 2005 was built for the US market. 200 for the US market, 100 for the UK folks. So, if you have anything other then these two year makes, although they may look and have the same features, they are not considered CF Editions. Just look a-likes. If one has another year and wants to call their car a CF Edition, what the hell, only a collector will care or, maybe another buyer down the road. The next special edition was the Victory Edition which can be read about above on page one of this thread.

The CF Editions where built in the following color combinations: EBONY exterior, over Charcoal leather seating surfaces with Charcoal Alcantara inserts. Next: PLATINUM exterior over Ivory seating surfaces with Charcoal Alcantara inserts. (see picture on page one of this thread) Next: PLATINUM exterior over Charcoal leather seating surfaces and Charcoal Alcantara inserts. and Last: SLATE exterior over Dove leather seating surfaces with Charcoal Alcantara inserts.

Those were the only 2004 and 2005 Carbon Fiber colors available. So if you have any other color combinations, not a CF Edition. Its sort of like when I bought a Ford Mustang, I had the dealer put all the dealer supplied options on the car to make it look like a hotter Mustang, but in the end it still was a basic Mustang. Looked neat, but on the market it was just a plain Jane Mustang.

There were some made with the navigation system, others were not. Mine is a "not".

All CF Edition models came with the 19" cast alloy ATLAS wheels. Other things of note are : Leather gear shift with the letter "R" on the metal lower portion, A Completely Leather covered Steering Wheel the letter "R" embossed in the center, Aluminum and Rubber-studded gas and brake pedals and an Aluminum and Rubber-studded foot rest on the left of the foot well. These aluminum and rubber studded items can be purchased as ad-on items, so they may have been added somewhere down the road of ownership.

Basically, if it ain't a UK 2004 or a US 2005 model----well.

Hope this clears things up a bit.

Cheers.

Old 04-15-2016, 03:10 PM
Default I have named him Winston!

Thanks for the update Chuck. I'm guessing that my XK is actually a 2005 and was exported for sale to the USA as a 2006.

Mine is the CF with platinum exterior over Ivory seating surfaces with Charcoal Alcantara inserts. I have the NAV package though I wish I could get a newer DVD as strangely the NAV doesn't recognize parts of Canada where they have had roads for 100 years. Does anyone know if there is an up to date DVD available?

Many thanks!

Old 05-02-2016, 09:23 PM
Default My carbon fiber XK8

I just bought a 2006 Xk8 convertible with carbon fiber dash, etc. and two toned seats. My seat leathe is a light gray. 56,700 miles! One small split in suede on drivers side, otherwise perfect inside. Outside had only one small scratch.

Old 05-03-2016, 03:31 PM
Default XK8 Carbon Fiber

Congrats on your new purchase. They are fantastic vehicles. Can you do me a favor. If you have the Navigation built in, can you enter the City - Nanaimo and Country Canada and see if it finds Nanaimo.

For some reason, my Nav wont find certain areas of Canada.

Many thanks

The following users liked this post:
Salu498 (06-23-2016)
Old 05-06-2016, 04:21 PM
Default Nanaimo

Midsmith,
I will try to find Nanaimo if I can ever figure out how to use the navigation!

Old 05-12-2016, 04:57 PM

Thanks. Push the small knob in to take you to the map page then enter the city name. I have a feeling they didn't load all of Canada.

Salu498 (06-25-2016)
Old 06-23-2016, 10:32 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 05 carbon fiber ed

I was reading Gattor 8 post on his 06 jaguar xk8. I also saw his window sticker. Mine a 05 carbon Fiber edition says on the window sticker carbon fiber Edition. This is different than the carbon fiber option. Both r great cars. I have 61000 miles on mine. Only drive it when in Fla.. covered in a garage on a battery tender.

Salu498 (06-25-2016)
Old 06-23-2016, 11:50 AM
Received 144 Likes on 92 Posts

An '06 CF edition just sold for a respectable $22,800 on eBay. 23,000 miles.

Quick Reply: How limited is the 2005 Carbon Fiber Edition?