XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) 1996 - 2006
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How Many X100 Owners Will Be Getting A F-Type When The Prices Depreciate ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2017, 06:27 PM
Veteran Member
Received 918 Likes on 654 Posts
Cool Just found this in the Parking-Lot!!!

Hey Guys!

At my age, this is all I need! There are several kinds of beauty and what I found in the Parking Lot this afternoon is about all I can Handle!

Billy Clyde in Houston
2005 XKR Onyx/Ivory - 20" BBS Montreal Wheels <br/>- Phillips Day Running Lights

The following users liked this post:
Marco (07-30-2023)
Old 07-23-2017, 12:45 AM
Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts

LOL, you guys are redic! Nit picking over grammar. Never thought Demi as "sexy" or a car model. Pretty, and great singer, and respect her thoughts. I just wanted to show HER new F-Type that she just posted, but don't see much sex sell in her post. Jag is getting daring with colors and design and becoming a go to for the now successful. Lana Del Rey has a few X150s, and F-Types. The F-Type is recapturing a youthful coolness that was lost to stodgy old men who needed a pill to be lead by anything.
Maybe I lost some of my x100 lust, to the F-Type after buying the F-Type's love/hate sister, a Porsche Boxster, after I wrote my original F-Type condemning post. Demi sure isn't a deciding reason, but does anyone call her taste a hindrance?

Last edited by Julian Black; 07-23-2017 at 12:56 AM.
Old 07-23-2017, 09:29 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,528 Likes on 3,938 Posts

I like the X100 but it's now too old for me to get one when I move on from my STR. F-Type? No chance. Seen them, not for me.

Jaguar no longer make any cars I want to own, sadly.

Oh well.

Old 07-23-2017, 03:46 PM
Veteran Member
Red face Julian, TaTa Motors is the new Jaguar!

Originally Posted by Julian Black
LOL, you guys are redic! Nit picking over grammar. Never thought Demi as "sexy" or a car model. Pretty, and great singer, and respect her thoughts. I just wanted to show HER new F-Type that she just posted, but don't see much sex sell in her post. Jag is getting daring with colors and design and becoming a go to for the now successful. Lana Del Rey has a few X150s, and F-Types. The F-Type is recapturing a youthful coolness that was lost to stodgy old men who needed a pill to be lead by anything.
Maybe I lost some of my x100 lust, to the F-Type after buying the F-Type's love/hate sister, a Porsche Boxster, after I wrote my original F-Type condemning post. Demi sure isn't a deciding reason, but does anyone call her taste a hindrance?
Hi Julian,

I hope you weren't speaking of me concerning Demi! I'm so old I don't even know who or what she is or does.....She looks like a pretty young Lady but as you said, "Not Sexy!" It appears that TaTa has taken over at Jaguar, so now they are trying to keep up with the Ford Mustang, Corvette, Porsche and Lord only know who else.. Today, you've got to have at least a 5.0 Liter with a blower or the kicker today is Twin Turbos along with Direct Injection....The X-100 XKR is a thing of the past but it still has a place in the Heart of a bunch of us...It's like anything that was the best in it's day, still good but not new anymore....Hey, Life goes on!

I stepped out of my office this morning and would you look at what was waiting on me! Would you look at that! Julian, would you look at that?

Billy Clyde in Houston

Old 07-23-2017, 04:33 PM
Veteran Member
Default Julian

Sorry Julian, Its seems that every time I try to send you a Photo of my XKR, it gets locked up somewhere in the system...I will figure it out someday!

Billy Clyde

Old 07-25-2017, 02:09 PM
Veteran Member
Received 334 Likes on 221 Posts

Different part of the anatomy?

I sure as Hell ain't putting a ring THERE! - lol

Last edited by scardini1; 07-25-2017 at 02:13 PM.
Old 07-25-2017, 02:23 PM
Received 211 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by scardini1
Different part of the anatomy?

I sure as Hell ain't putting a ring THERE! - lol
No indeed. I can confirm (though currently ringless) that such an adornment is likely to affect one's ability to think. After all most men's brains are not located within the skull.

Old 07-25-2017, 02:34 PM

One thing for sure, no matter what opinions and differences Jag owners have, gotta admit we are all pretty light hearted and good humoured. Much more fun than most other car forums!
Yeah BC, I agree with you about Tata, and while at first, I was like Jag lost Jaaag. Now I'm more like "is keeping up with the Kardashians (Jones for you BC) really BAD?! Designs need to either involved or perish.

Old 07-25-2017, 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by Diddion
No indeed. I can confirm (though currently ringless) that such an adornment is likely to affect one's ability to think. After all most men's brains are not located within the skull.
Had one, it was the 90's, was an 80's punk. Called a Prince Albert. Everyone was pierced and tatted, we were all nuts back then....thankfully passed on the tribal tattoos.

Old 07-25-2017, 04:38 PM
Received 211 Likes on 119 Posts

Had one, it was the 90's, was an 80's punk. Called a Prince Albert. Everyone was pierced and tatted, we were all nuts back then....thankfully passed on the tribal tattoos.
Aaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrggggghhhhhhh!

Old 07-28-2017, 09:54 PM
Received 117 Likes on 96 Posts

As someone who worked many years in entertainment business management for several A list celebrities...you do know they get them for FREE. in return for advertising. They are not spending their own money for Jaguar, trust me. My clients would get any choice from the fleet as they wished.

Old 07-28-2017, 09:56 PM

Oh, and the Ftype is pretty hot, just too small for me, and I do LOVE the tail lights, but hear they are discontinuing them for next year...
hate the popcorn/motorcycle exhaust.
Updating to Quicksilver sounds lower and more like a Jaguar, not firecrackers.

Old 07-28-2017, 10:07 PM

Originally Posted by prettybluefin
Oh, and the Ftype is pretty hot, just too small for me, and I do LOVE the tail lights, but hear they are discontinuing them for next year...
hate the popcorn/motorcycle exhaust.
Updating to Quicksilver sounds lower and more like a Jaguar, not firecrackers.
But those car buff guys do love the POP POPS! Because of them, I think its a fad to stay for awhile.

Old 07-28-2017, 10:14 PM

Originally Posted by prettybluefin
As someone who worked many years in entertainment business management for several A list celebrities...you do know they get them for FREE. in return for advertising. They are not spending their own money for Jaguar, trust me. My clients would get any choice from the fleet as they wished.
I'd say that's true for Demi and her F-Type,as its in her video. Lana Del Rey's F-Type too, when they made her a spokesperson. But that was because she already was a Jaguar fan with her multi XK's and either XF, or XJ from years ago, that she bought before getting really well know.

Old 07-28-2017, 10:22 PM

I'd say that's true for Demi and her F-Type,as its in her video. Lana Del Rey's F-Type too, when they made her a spokesperson. But that was because she already was a Jaguar fan with her multi XK's and either XF, or XJ from years ago, that she bought before getting really well know.

Tata needed new young, hip people to appeal to a larger audience with $$$
Example. my grandma used to wear Dior, St. John, Celine...Chanel. It was always "old women's clothes" until they got K-dashian and Angelina Jolie to advertise for them.

Old 02-15-2020, 01:46 PM
Received 27 Likes on 12 Posts

I had the XK8 for 9 years and bought an XK last year. The XK8 has better lines and more trunk space but the XK has great cabin features and comfort. As far as the F type it just doesn’t suit my needs. Sports car versus a cruiser.

Old 02-15-2020, 03:08 PM
Veteran Member
Received 456 Likes on 299 Posts

I am sure that the F type is a fine car and some of you love them.

However remove the badges from most modern cars and ask the general public to tell you what make of car it is. Most would guess wrong.

Look at this car and I think you will agree most would guess its a Jag straight away. It sounds great too. Think I will keep mine.

The following 3 users liked this post by frankc:
bcprice36 (03-07-2020), crbass (02-15-2020), ozbot (02-15-2020)
Old 02-15-2020, 07:19 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,418 Likes on 755 Posts
Default Lots of mixed thoughts on this one

Gents,

A lot of different reasons given above. +1 to most of them.

Cars move on, just like fashion and music, and the F-Type is a modern British muscle car. Not sure I want one at all. Had plenty of European sports cars - BMW M3, Porsches and BMW Z3, Z4. All had their positives but i’m At an age when comfort is increasingly more important. That’s probably why I’ll never get an Audi.

For me the X100 is a beautiful shape, with modern comforts and great suspension and she’s at an age where I can “wrench on her.” I have the car to work on to have some fun in the garage.

Some people think unreliable cars are a PITA, but to me, there’s nothing better than having a problem, diagnosing it, buying parts, and then getting your hands dirty under the bonnet. It’s a great feeling of satisfaction on test drive when you’ve sorted the problem. My XK8 does all of that and is a real head turner on the road.

The following 3 users liked this post by DavidYau:
crbass (02-15-2020), frankc (02-16-2020), ozbot (02-15-2020)
Old 02-16-2020, 03:46 AM
Veteran Member
Received 456 Likes on 299 Posts

Originally Posted by DavidYau
Gents,

A lot of different reasons given above. +1 to most of them.

Cars move on, just like fashion and music, and the F-Type is a modern British muscle car. Not sure I want one at all. Had plenty of European sports cars - BMW M3, Porsches and BMW Z3, Z4. All had their positives but i’m At an age when comfort is increasingly more important. That’s probably why I’ll never get an Audi.

For me the X100 is a beautiful shape, with modern comforts and great suspension and she’s at an age where I can “wrench on her.” I have the car to work on to have some fun in the garage.

Some people think unreliable cars are a PITA, but to me, there’s nothing better than having a problem, diagnosing it, buying parts, and then getting your hands dirty under the bonnet. It’s a great feeling of satisfaction on test drive when you’ve sorted the problem. My XK8 does all of that and is a real head turner on the road.
David I could not agree with you more.

Before getting my Jag I had a couple of BMW's. Did all the repairs and modifications myself. Changed the entire interior. Installed any and all boys toys/gadgets I could find. DVD,TV, Internet, Sat Nav, Fully electric seats, reversing cam, forward cam, integrated phone etc etc. Stripped engine down, gearbox, subframes .................... The list goes on and on, bit like my post. I got great satisfaction in getting my hands dirty and working on stuff, especially if someone said "it can't be done".

But 5 years ago I got my little Jag. Worked on it practically everyday since. Nibbling away at tiny bits at a time. I think I am almost back to factory condition, if not a little better in some places. After the work on my old beemer I appreciate now that all the toys are not really worth it. I need a good looking car that really moves when you ask it. Mine certainly 'fits the bill' as they say.

Now though I have reached an age where I have no desire to work out in the rain and cold where I can pay a garage to do it. Though in a couple of cases they did a bodge job and Id wished I had done it myself! But your absolutely right though. You can actually work on these old cars. Mine is a 2003 XKR. The feeling and satisfaction you get is, as you said, great.

So the F type and others like it are probably very good cars but not for me!

David, bet your car does not suffer much from rust.

Last edited by frankc; 02-16-2020 at 03:49 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by frankc:
crbass (02-16-2020), ozbot (02-16-2020)
Old 09-03-2020, 04:52 PM
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I am considering getting an F Type soon

Quick Reply: How Many X100 Owners Will Be Getting A F-Type When The Prices Depreciate ?