i can't sleep...2005 XKR

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2017 | 09:50 PM
Veteran Member
Received 919 Likes on 654 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by prettybluefin
little, inexpensive upgrades really refresh the car. do it, dsd
Pretty Ms. Bluefin, Now you've got the idea.....All you need now are Clear Repeater Lens to really Pep it up! I'll send you a Photo when I get around to putting the new "R"'s on! You and your new "R"'s really look good, assuming that is you in the Photo on your way to the Canyons! I'm not sure where the Canyons are, as most of my time in CA. was spent down at Pendleton and Coronado Island...Some time back!!!

Billy Clyde in Houston

Old 03-31-2017 | 10:14 PM
|
Received 117 Likes on 96 Posts

billy, of course that is me
i chose the smoked side repeaters on mine. they are the dark grey and add some contrast. i like them alot.
lots of canyons in LA up heading towards county line/oxnard. i am familiar with pendleton as i am in encinitas and san clemente alot!

Old 04-01-2017 | 02:41 PM
Veteran Member
Smile

Pretty Ms.Bluefin,
What a pretty little Lady driving that pretty little Car.....Amazing! I was around Pendleton and Oceanside for quite a while and then on down to Coronado....I enjoyed my time while on the Island....It was hard work but I really got in shape while I was there! I really needed to be, where they sent me! Let's say they didn't have any Jaguar's where I was but they did have some Tigers.............Some of the older Guys will know where that was!

Your little Jag is really taking shape....The main thing I like about our 2005-2006's is the Grill and nose-piece and the way it flows into the side-skirts....Also, the second opening under the Grill....I have installed Day-Time Running Lights in that opening and that really sets it off! I'm going to send you some photos of all the things I have done to her.....She's almost as pretty as yours!

Billy Clyde in Houston

The following users liked this post:
prettybluefin (04-09-2017)
Old 04-09-2017 | 09:07 PM
|

Old 04-10-2017 | 05:39 PM
Veteran Member
Received 527 Likes on 371 Posts

That's it...I've been thinking that my XJ needs a friend, and that last picture pushed me over the fence.

prettybluefin (04-10-2017)
Old 04-10-2017 | 05:48 PM
|
Wink

Originally Posted by XJ8JR
That's it...I've been thinking that my XJ needs a friend, and that last picture pushed me over the fence.
thank you! It's an amazing car. If you like frost blue, and a vert, there might still be a gorgeous Victory Edition with Carbon Fiber in Marina del Rey...Tons of work at dealership. Looks great. PM me if you are serious about it, and I can tell you how to get a few thousand off the price...

(I drove by yesterday, and didn't see it through the gate, but maybe it was in back)

Old 04-10-2017 | 06:44 PM
Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts

malibu canyon & the hills up mulholland. lots of traffic there, though!
I just took that route yesterday from Mulhulland near Monty's, following it alll the way to PCH, and up to Neptune s Net. Stopped at Cornell winery and restaurant, and King Gillette Ranch

as you can see, still waiting for the clear front reflector light from XKZ.

Old 04-10-2017 | 07:58 PM
|

LOVE neptune's net!!! and NICE cat!

The clear lenses do take quite a while, but they are worth it, very good quality. be sure to use clear GORILLA EPOXY, not glue or they will frost and be ruined.
(see my prior threads on it)

Old 04-10-2017 | 08:43 PM
Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts

LOVE neptune's net!!! and NICE cat!

The clear lenses do take quite a while, but they are worth it, very good quality. be sure to use clear GORILLA EPOXY, not glue or they will frost and be ruined.
(see my prior threads on it)
We should org a meet an greet with all (the few) LA XK peep. I'll IM you next time tho.
Yeah mine is not near as cool as yours, those wheels you have KILL! I just have the nat aspired engine one. But I had to have Dove interior, and the 3 gauge dash, so I settled.
Thanks for the tip. I actually melt a clear Lego in acetone, to make ABS weld paste. XKZ has shipped the lenses, so anyday now. There is always something to mess with!

prettybluefin (04-10-2017)
Old 04-11-2017 | 01:48 PM
Veteran Member

thank you! It's an amazing car. If you like frost blue, and a vert, there might still be a gorgeous Victory Edition with Carbon Fiber in Marina del Rey...Tons of work at dealership. Looks great. PM me if you are serious about it, and I can tell you how to get a few thousand off the price...

(I drove by yesterday, and didn't see it through the gate, but maybe it was in back)
Thanks. I did notice that Victory Edition on craigslist, but no...I want mine EXACTLY like yours in the picture. I apologize in advance for copying you...I hope you won't mind if there are two exact same XKRs prowling the streets of LA.

prettybluefin (04-11-2017)
Old 04-11-2017 | 02:20 PM
|

Thanks for the compliment, we can be twins.

I have been offered lots more than I paid to sell mine, but won't do it unless I find a Zircon Or SeaFrost Coupe in amazing condition...
What do you think of the clear and smoked front & side markers I changed out? They have LED's and are nice and bright now...

Old 04-11-2017 | 02:31 PM
Veteran Member

What do you think of the clear and smoked front & side markers I changed out? They have LED's and are nice and bright now...
They're perfect with the platinum paint. Just gorgeous.

Old 04-11-2017 | 03:21 PM
Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts

you know I was in the process of trying to sell my car..and found a new job that isn't working out well so.. at the moment I'm keeping it...

But looking at your car with the clear + smoked side markers you did... that's a really good look. I wonder if it would look right on my pacific blue? :/ Your car looks great prettybluefin!

(wonder if I should try it on my pacific blue.. I'm all about being OEM but..the orange and red...I dunno..)

Old 04-11-2017 | 03:48 PM
|

(wonder if I should try it on my pacific blue.. I'm all about being OEM but..the orange and red...I dunno..)[/QUOTE]

I honestly think the orange dates the cars...i LOVE the change it made to mine. The before/after pics I posted made it look so modern and up to date...I really think it will make your car color flow nicer without the shock of orange...

Your cobalt blue paint is dark enough that I feel the Clear and Smoke would look hot! they are really inexpensive, and if you don't like it, I will buy them off you, as I would love a spare set.

PM me if you want the sellers info.

Check out the before/after pics that Julian did on BCprice's black xkr to get an idea...
His has the clear front AND side markers.
Mine has clear front, smoked side...

Matthew Chidester (04-11-2017)
Old 04-11-2017 | 03:49 PM
|

here is the "after" on Billy's XKR

The following 2 users liked this post by prettybluefin:
bcprice36 (04-11-2017), Matthew Chidester (04-11-2017)
Old 04-11-2017 | 04:12 PM
Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts

great looking cars good taste

Old 04-11-2017 | 09:57 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Matthew Chidester
you know I was in the process of trying to sell my car..and found a new job that isn't working out well so.. at the moment I'm keeping it...

But looking at your car with the clear + smoked side markers you did... that's a really good look. I wonder if it would look right on my pacific blue? :/ Your car looks great prettybluefin!

(wonder if I should try it on my pacific blue.. I'm all about being OEM but..the orange and red...I dunno..)

The Pacific Blue is dark enough that you should get the clear Blinker lights with the Chrome/Amber Bulbs and the Clear Marker Lights set up the same way.....be sure to get the Chrome/Amber Bulbs for both....I tried the Black Blinker Lights but they don't look good on darker colors such a your Blue and my Black......but they really look good on Bluefin's Silver with the windows blacked-out....Man that's a good looking Jag! Don't yea think!

BC in Houston

Matthew Chidester (04-11-2017)
Old 04-12-2017 | 09:33 AM
Received 43 Likes on 32 Posts

This picture pushed me over the edge. Next month I'm ordering clear side markers! I have to wait because I've spent too many $$$ on the car in the 2.5 weeks I've owned it and I have a pile of parts on the dining room table (very understanding wife) waiting to install already.

And I love those wheels! Someday ...

Old 04-12-2017 | 11:25 AM
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I think Goldlion owns a 2005 XKR coupe - you might want to reach out to him to see if he wants to sell.

Old 04-12-2017 | 04:18 PM
Received 584 Likes on 279 Posts

Ms. Bluefin, your coupe is stunning and the CLEAR markers & repeaters look great. OK to pm you regarding source. I've tried Xkz and Adamdesh but have not found adequate answers to a few questions. From 1 coupe to another :-)

Last edited by kstevusa; 04-12-2017 at 04:21 PM.