Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

i can't sleep...2005 XKR

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2017, 06:53 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,147 Likes on 743 Posts

Originally Posted by kstevusa
BC, car looks great, difficult to see how they designed such a beautiful car and stuck the Warts, I mean amber side markers to those beautiful lines. Thanks to P.B.F. for turning me onto those clear lens and S/M's
There is every possibility legislative requirements in some markets had a bearing on lens colour.

The following users liked this post:
bcprice36 (05-07-2017)
Old 05-07-2017, 09:45 PM
Veteran Member
Received 918 Likes on 654 Posts
Smile

BC, car looks great, difficult to see how they designed such a beautiful car and stuck the Warts, I mean amber side markers to those beautiful lines. Thanks to P.B.F. for turning me onto those clear lens and S/M's
kstevusa, Yes, P.B.F. has turned several of us on to some pretty things! She has good taste......She has W.A. putting LED Bulbs in his Dash & Marker Lights and me changing out my Marker Lights, next thing everybody will be installing new Drilled-Rotors or changing to some Off-Brand Motor Oil.....No telling what will be next....but I look forward to it! One thing for sure is She won't get me to change out my Red Marker Lights!!!

Billy Clyde in Houston

Old 05-07-2017, 10:19 PM
Veteran Member

kstevusa, What sizes do the Centaur Wheels come in?

BC

The following users liked this post:
kstevusa (05-08-2017)
Old 05-08-2017, 08:32 AM
Received 567 Likes on 273 Posts

Seems like USA Legislation did require amber S/M's. Some brands used the amber bulbs and clear lens (egg yoke) and other chose amber lens. Now several years later, we have Chrome Tipped amber bulbs and LED's. The Centaur Wheels are 18" dia. with staggered widths. Rear are 9.0" and front 8.5". The Build Sheet from Ford website indicates car came with performance suspension package. If you look closely, the Drilled and Slotted Rotors show also. Rotors were zinc coated to resist rust. The transition to Jaguar has been a steep learning curve, but thanks to forum members, we have gotten a good foundation. Onward and upward!

Old 05-08-2017, 12:33 PM
Received 43 Likes on 32 Posts

Lunchtime upgrade with smoked lens and amber LEDs. Works great!
Before
After

Old 05-08-2017, 03:24 PM
Received 117 Likes on 96 Posts

WA, such an awesome difference! wait till you get the clear front markers, it will look so nice!

now get some Akebono ceramic pads so you won't see that brake dust anymore

billy, thank you for sending me the black side indicators. i think they will look really cool! and i would never take the red off the read markers, that would look weird.

saw your thread about the key, glad you got at least the nice flip key working. great quality, huh?

and YES to drilled rotors. Brake Labs has the drilled rotors for the Handling Package...Coated to deter rust...I like them. about $85 each with FREE shipping. mine arrived in less than 24 hrs!

Old 05-09-2017, 10:23 AM

Seems like USA Legislation did require amber S/M's. Some brands used the amber bulbs and clear lens (egg yoke) and other chose amber lens. Now several years later, we have Chrome Tipped amber bulbs and LED's.
I believe you are correct about the amber/orange requirement. I am very happy with my LED in smoked signal solution. Looking forward to getting clear side markers (wish there was a smoked option for them too) to complete the look. I already have the LED bulbs to install.

Old 05-09-2017, 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by prettybluefin
WA, such an awesome difference! wait till you get the clear front markers, it will look so nice!
I agree!

It is on my list of things to do but lower priority.

Right now the car is sporting ugly brake dust on the wheels and the body features green and gold dusting of pollen. It sits outside under a sickly oak tree that is dumping everything on it!

The tree will be coming down this month. It is crazy expensive to take down a tree around here!

and YES to drilled rotors. Brake Labs has the drilled rotors for the Handling Package...Coated to deter rust...I like them. about $85 each with FREE shipping. mine arrived in less than 24 hrs!
I wonder what rotors my XKR is supposed to have?

Old 05-10-2017, 10:29 PM
Veteran Member
Cool

Originally Posted by prettybluefin

billy, thank you for sending me the black side indicators. i think they will look really cool! and i would never take the red off the read markers, that would look weird.

saw your thread about the key, glad you got at least the nice flip key working. great quality, huh?

PBF & WAF.....I really love my new Side Marker Lights....can't believe they look so good.....My New Flip Key is really nice looking, it only cost $45.00 but you guys know the rest of the story.....I could have gotten something else really nice for the car with all that money. I hope you will use the Black Repeaters, PBF..I think they will look super on pretty Miss Silver....WAF, I found a super way to remove the Side-Markers...Nothing to it! Just push your finger between the inside of the Fender well and the lining...Push, it will go and the next thing you know you will feel the spring on the back of the Marker and push on the spring and the Marker will fall out into your other hand...

One more surprise for you two.....Next time you start to back-up reach over to the mirror adjustment switch...set it to adjust your right-hand mirror and as you start backing up pull the Mirror adjustment switch back and turn it loose...Then watch your mirror dip about 7 degrees so you can see to back-up better on the Right side......When you are through and you put it in Drive, the Mirror will come back up the normal position.....Old stupid just discovered this little trick and I'm caught playing with the switch every time I back-up! I'm so stupid that I'll bet my 2003 Coupe had a dipping mirror and I didn't even know it!

Have fun! Billy Clyde in Houston

Old 05-11-2017, 10:17 PM

Originally Posted by bcprice36
PBF & WAF.....I really love my new Side Marker Lights....can't believe they look so good.....
I'm looking forward to getting mine soon.

WAF, I found a super way to remove the Side-Markers...Nothing to it! Just push your finger between the inside of the Fender well and the lining...Push, it will go and the next thing you know you will feel the spring on the back of the Marker and push on the spring and the Marker will fall out into your other hand...
Oh! Good to know.

One more surprise for you two.....Next time you start to back-up reach over to the mirror adjustment switch...set it to adjust your right-hand mirror and as you start backing up pull the Mirror adjustment switch back and turn it loose...Then watch your mirror dip about 7 degrees so you can see to back-up better on the Right side......When you are through and you put it in Drive, the Mirror will come back up the normal position.....Old stupid just discovered this little trick and I'm caught playing with the switch every time I back-up! I'm so stupid that I'll bet my 2003 Coupe had a dipping mirror and I didn't even know it!

Have fun! Billy Clyde in Houston
Hmmm ... it appears that my mirror adjustment isn't workingl Dammit! Another thing to fix.

This is the project car that keeps on giving.

Old 05-13-2017, 09:52 AM
Veteran Member
Smile

Originally Posted by WAFlowers
I'm looking forward to getting mine soon.

Oh! Good to know.

Hmmm ... it appears that my mirror adjustment isn't workingl Dammit! Another thing to fix.

This is the project car that keeps on giving.
WA, You have to put it in reverse prior to pulling the little rubber knob back, then the mirror should start it's 7 degree rotation....I like it because we have one of those driveways that turns as you back up and it really is nice to be able to watch the space between the driveway and the grass....Then it's fun to watch it rise up when you put it in drive.....

Billy Clyde in Houston

Old 05-13-2017, 09:32 PM

No, no! You misunderstand.

My mirrors wont respond to any controls under any circumstance! Nothing. Nada. Nix. Nada - oh, I said that already. You get the idea.

Old 05-13-2017, 09:55 PM
dsd
Veteran Member
Received 326 Likes on 231 Posts

My mirrors wont respond to any controls under any circumstance! Nothing. Nada. Nix. Nada - oh, I said that already. You get the idea.
It's not about the destination. It's about the journey. :-)

Old 05-13-2017, 10:49 PM
Veteran Member
Question

WAFlowers,

Man, I'm sorry! I didn't mean to send another problem to you! Look at it this way, when you get the control switch repaired, then you will be able to try out the dipping mirror!! Could be something simple like a fuse......Nah! Never something simple on our Beauties!

BC

Old 05-15-2017, 10:50 AM

WAFlowers,

Man, I'm sorry! I didn't mean to send another problem to you! Look at it this way, when you get the control switch repaired, then you will be able to try out the dipping mirror!! Could be something simple like a fuse......Nah! Never something simple on our Beauties!
Nothing to be sorry about particularly because I solved the problem and now have a dipping side mirror on demand.

It was just the Left/Off/Right rocker switch was stuck in Off. The more I use it the easier it is getting. Although I may have to get some lubricant of some sort in there eventually.

Old 05-15-2017, 06:00 PM
Veteran Member
Smile Happiness is a Dipper.....

Nothing to be sorry about particularly because I solved the problem and now have a dipping side mirror on demand.

It was just the Left/Off/Right rocker switch was stuck in Off. The more I use it the easier it is getting. Although I may have to get some lubricant of some sort in there eventually.
WA, That's great! No real problem after all.....Still haven't heard from Miss Bluefin.....Wonder if her dipper works? I wonder what year Jaguar started the Dipper? I was in a XJR the other day and the dipper works automatically! All you do is put it in Reverse and down it goes...........I guess they want us Sports Car guys to do a little work.....

Billy Clyde in Houston

Old 05-15-2017, 07:44 PM

I guess they want us Sports Car guys to do a little work.....
Haha!

Old 05-16-2017, 02:38 PM
Received 117 Likes on 96 Posts

WA, That's great! No real problem after all.....Still haven't heard from Miss Bluefin.....Wonder if her dipper works? I wonder what year Jaguar started the Dipper? I was in a XJR the other day and the dipper works automatically! All you do is put it in Reverse and down it goes...........I guess they want us Sports Car guys to do a little work.....

Billy Clyde in Houston
sorry, this Audi rental has half the HP of the XKR, so it takes longer to do things... haha

I will hopefully have the coupe back Friday...so I will let you know.

Old 05-16-2017, 11:04 PM
Veteran Member
Smile The "Victory Edition" is coming to Houston

WA & Bluefin: I found another Photo of a "Victory Edition" which is the same color as the one that was in Southern California....but this one has 19" Atlas Silver or Chrome Wheels.....Now I think this is a good looking Jaguar! I'm sorry but I just don't like Black Wheels on anything...they take from the Car rather than adding to the Car's looks.....The "Victory Editions" came with several little extras that weren't advertised much and one of those was the "Smoked Tail Lights"! Look closely at this Photo and you can see what I'm talking about....I think they look "Super"!

Hopefully, I will get to see the one that Bluefin found pretty soon here in Houston as the Guy that bought it lives in Huffman, over on the N/E side of Houston....Maybe we can get together for a look see!!

Let me know what you think about the Silver Wheels! If this photo comes through...."It doesn't seem to be working tonight"

Billy Clyde

Old 05-17-2017, 07:51 AM

WA & Bluefin: I found another Photo of a "Victory Edition" which is the same color as the one that was in Southern California....but this one has 19" Atlas Silver or Chrome Wheels.....Now I think this is a good looking Jaguar! I'm sorry but I just don't like Black Wheels on anything...they take from the Car rather than adding to the Car's looks.....The "Victory Editions" came with several little extras that weren't advertised much and one of those was the "Smoked Tail Lights"! Look closely at this Photo and you can see what I'm talking about....I think they look "Super"!
What photo?

I'd love to have shiny chromed wheels on my black beauty! Someday ...