i can't sleep...2005 XKR

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2017, 08:19 PM
Veteran Member
Received 918 Likes on 654 Posts
Question The Camera-Man??

Originally Posted by WAFlowers
What photo?

I'd love to have shiny chromed wheels on my black beauty! Someday ...
WA & Bluefin, Sorry about the Photo I was trying to send you last night! I was trying to pull a Photo off the internet and send it on to you guys but apparently it didn't work.....I brought it over to my Photos and got it all loaded up to send to the Forum but when I clicked on it......it wouldn't come across...Must be copy-writed or something! Anyway, I'll figure it out.....The Guy that bought the "Victory" sent a message that he expected his Jag today, so maybe he and I will get together and have a Car Show in Downtown Houston! Also, another Guy with a Pacific Blue Convertible sent a message that he lived down in League City....So, we'll get him in on it also!

Billy Clyde

Old 05-19-2017, 05:28 PM
Received 117 Likes on 96 Posts
Talking

Just got her back from the detailer. The body shop did a great job, no sign of the dent!

I also had them sand & re-spray under the lip to smooth out scrapes and did a dark ceramic limo tint after having the original tint removed...

The original black rubber gaskets around the door handles were well worn, so they removed them and did a clear silicone to maintain the monochromatic grey exterior...

Rear bumper had a very small 1/8" sag due to some missing clips, and those were replaced. Hood vents were re-painted.

Old 05-19-2017, 06:52 PM
Veteran Member

Bluefin, It's hard to keep those little scrapes from happening under the front Lip....Mine need some help there also!
I can't believe that the Silver Bullet looks even better than before but it does! Now for sure, "It's the Prettiest Jaguar in the World"! It really looks super! I was wondering where those Side Repeater Lights came from?

Billy Clyde in Houston

The following users liked this post:
prettybluefin (05-19-2017)
Old 05-19-2017, 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by bcprice36
Bluefin, It's hard to keep those little scrapes from happening under the front Lip....Mine need some help there also!
I can't believe that the Silver Bullet looks even better than before but it does! Now for sure, "It's the Prettiest Jaguar in the World"! It really looks super! I was wondering where those Side Repeater Lights came from?

Billy Clyde in Houston
THank you! They sanded it down and did a light spray, so it's much better. To be honest, I am really good at not scraping it. I'm very scared to pull the lip off like I have seen on many videos happen on cars that are low...

The coupe got a nice all over buffing, I bet your black would be really nice if you did that. It removed so much dullness, and now the metallic in mine is sparklier.

Also, I am gonna send you some Justice Brothers stuff to try soon. Message me your address. I really like what it is doing to my coupe. And I am averaging 17.5 MPG now, up from 16 when I got her.

Old 05-27-2017, 12:50 AM

and Billy, Mine does do the reverse mirror dip. Tried it today!

Old 05-27-2017, 11:12 AM
Veteran Member

Bluefin, Great! I just broke my arm patting myself on the back! I had the 2005 XKR several years before I discovered the "Dipper"! I used my Mechanics XJR one afternoon and found that they dip automatically when you put it in reverse.......So, I tried it on the XKR and found that it works manually......Really needed it for my curving driveway when I'm backing out......Helps a lot!

Billy Clyde in Houston

Old 05-27-2017, 07:59 PM
Received 43 Likes on 32 Posts

I've been dipping mine ever since I got the switches unstuck. Thanks for letting us know about it.

Old 05-27-2017, 09:17 PM
Veteran Member
Smile Happness is a

WAF & PBF, Tomorrow, I am concentrating on my Mesh Grill....It's dirty and is bent-in a little in a couple places....Going to power wash it and then straighten the dents and get my Chrome polish out and give it a good cleaning.......Then go back to the power washer to knock off the white stuff that was left....Must be Spring! Me cleaning and all......Oh, I forgot, I liked those Smoked Tail Lights on that Black Victory-Edition so much, that I had to order a pair.....Also, ordered those Lumen LED Bulbs that wont turn on the "Check Tail Lights" warning.....Hope they work! I let you know and if I can remember how to send Photos, I'll do that too!

BC in Houston

Old 05-28-2017, 01:55 PM

Smoked tail lights would look incredible on my black Kat. BC, where did you get them from?
​​​​​​

Old 05-28-2017, 05:54 PM
Veteran Member

WAF, I will send you a PM about this...When I get the Lens.....as I'm not sure if they have anymore...They have a Jaguar part number but not sure of availability....after 10 years! I will contact my Guy...Today!

BC

Old 05-29-2017, 09:57 AM

Thanks BC. I'll keep that on file for future consideration.

Old 05-29-2017, 01:40 PM
Received 211 Likes on 119 Posts
Default Rewiring?

Originally Posted by Jandreu
Change your brake pads to ceramic, your wheels will thank you as well as your detailing time.
The center console has no room under it for expansion however the cassett holder is a snap in piece that can be removed, take the top off and the inside box will come out, you'll see how to remove the cassett holder.

Search for the antennae switch mod, while you have the console apart install the antennae switch, this keeps the "alien beacon antennae down when using the CD player, you can also wire in an aux input for MP3 players.

I wired my front fog lights to be on anytime the car is on without headlights on, great for viability. I also wired my rear fog lights to work as brake lights, again great visibility. Let me know if you want instructions, both are very easy to do.

Nice looking Jag, to bad it's a coupe...
Hi Jandreau,

Interesting! Could you post your wiring as a new thread?

Old 05-29-2017, 02:13 PM
Veteran Member

Jandreau,

If you would, please post these wiring instructions so that all of us might use them....I'm interested in the rear Fog Light becoming an additional BRAKE LIGHT.....but I'm sure that others would like the Day Time Running Light idea.

We all appreciate your time!

Billy Clyde in Houston

Old 05-30-2017, 08:22 PM
Veteran Member
Cool Spray Paint for Tail Lights

WA, It looks like PBF has solved the Tail Light problem.....You can do it yourself and save all those bucks that I just spent....Assuming you saw the U Tubes about the Plastic paint!
You can Tape off the Clear area at the top and cut out 3 circles the size of the openings for the lights and then spray the smoke paint over the rest of the Lens...Don't paint it real heavy....just smoke it. I was going to do the same thing to the inside but you can't get inside to do it......This is the answer and I wish now that I hadn't ordered all that expensive stuff.
Now if I can get this guy named Jandreau to send us the wiring instructions, we'll know how to set-up the second Brake Light.....

BC in Houston

Old 05-31-2017, 06:42 PM

are the factory VE tail lights tinted plastic or are they smoked? (painted)
IF they are tinted plastic, they will look much nicer and last a lot longer than smoked ones

Old 05-31-2017, 09:05 PM
Veteran Member
Cool

2006 XKR Victory-Edition w/Smoked Tail Light Lens

2005 XKR w/ Regular Tail Lights Lens

2006 Victory-Edition Smoked Tail Light Lens

WA & Pretty Bluefin, Attached are the Photos I've been trying to send for the last 2 weeks....The Smoked effect is from the inside of the Lens but as I said, you can't get the Light apart to paint the inside, so you would have to mask-off the clear area for the Back-up Light and Blinker and the 3 Circles for the Brake, English Fog Light and Tail Lights. Then hit it with a light spray of the Plastic paint they use to smoke the whole taillight with..
I think you could almost duplicate (from a short distance) the Victory......

Billy Clyde in Houston

Last edited by bcprice36; 05-31-2017 at 09:59 PM.
prettybluefin (05-31-2017)
Old 05-31-2017, 09:40 PM

I will have mine done in a week or so, I am going to smoke the entire lens dark grey...
check out this animation.

Old 05-31-2017, 10:04 PM
Veteran Member

Bluefin, It will probably look real good with the Silver car......Looking forward to a photo of the change....Just hope you don't get a bunch of Tickets!!

Billy Clyde

Old 05-31-2017, 11:11 PM
Veteran Member
Received 540 Likes on 403 Posts

Originally Posted by prettybluefin
are the factory VE tail lights tinted plastic or are they smoked? (painted)
IF they are tinted plastic, they will look much nicer and last a lot longer than smoked ones
There is an entire thread on this https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...n-98011/page3/

My post was #51 and I have comparison shots of the old lights versus the new ones. Somehow to me the tinted lights made the car look more "current".

Doug

Old 05-31-2017, 11:23 PM

Originally Posted by SeismicGuy
There is an entire thread on this https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...n-98011/page3/

My post was #51 and I have comparison shots of the old lights versus the new ones. Somehow to me the tinted lights made the car look more "current".

Doug
looks awesome!!! by the way, i saw my first XK out in san clemente last weekend. it was Quartz. my new fave color. It needs to be seen in person to appreciate.