XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) 1996 - 2006

If X308's ALL come with heated seats, switch separate; any X100 opportunities?

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2015, 01:21 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,810 Likes on 1,115 Posts
Default If X308's ALL come with heated seats, switch separate; any X100 opportunities?

I was recently doing a search and came across an XJ thread that contains this statement:

"Few facts first: All X308 seats are prewired/equipped with all electrical components needed to heat them. Front and back. The ONLY thing missing on the cars that didn't come with heated seats, are the switches. On the "no heat" cars, the climate control unit on the dash has only four switches in the top row,....the lock, valet, track control, and hazard. On the heated cars, valet, and track switches are half the size, in order to provide the room for the extra two switches for the front seats. The back seats are controled via two switches mounted on the back of the center console."

A quick scan confirms this due to several indepdent threads on the subject.

This now has me wondering. Does anyone know if and what options are present on X100's, but just need a power supply to get working?

I have seen the list of "features' that are permission enabled in the Tech Service Manual, that's another thread in itself. I'm wondering about things like heated seat, outside mirror retraction that hypothetically could be present, just deactivated like the paragraph above.

I suppose that sometimes it's just more cost effective for the manufacurer to purchase things with the electronics installed in all, then charge them seperately. Any hidden treasure in our cars?

Old 01-27-2015, 08:27 AM
Veteran Member
Received 305 Likes on 217 Posts

Originally Posted by Johnken
I was recently doing a search and came across an XJ thread that contains this statement:

"Few facts first: All X308 seats are prewired/equipped with all electrical components needed to heat them. Front and back. The ONLY thing missing on the cars that didn't come with heated seats, are the switches. On the "no heat" cars, the climate control unit on the dash has only four switches in the top row,....the lock, valet, track control, and hazard. On the heated cars, valet, and track switches are half the size, in order to provide the room for the extra two switches for the front seats. The back seats are controled via two switches mounted on the back of the center console."

A quick scan confirms this due to several indepdent threads on the subject.

This now has me wondering. Does anyone know if and what options are present on X100's, but just need a power supply to get working?

I have seen the list of "features' that are permission enabled in the Tech Service Manual, that's another thread in itself. I'm wondering about things like heated seat, outside mirror retraction that hypothetically could be present, just deactivated like the paragraph above.

I suppose that sometimes it's just more cost effective for the manufacurer to purchase things with the electronics installed in all, then charge them seperately. Any hidden treasure in our cars?
One thing that comes to mind is the side turn indicator/repeater is said to have the wiring in place behind the leapers, although some report that only one side actually had the wiring. I have never checked mine, since I like the leapers.

The following users liked this post:
Johnken (01-27-2015)