XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) 1996 - 2006

Interchiller Installation XKR

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2021, 11:40 AM
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Interchiller Installation XKR

Hi,
Has anyone completed an Interchiller installation, i have a killerchiller drag kit which will install to complement various other upgrades on 4.2 XKR.
Any info or feedback would be much appreciated?
Regards Paddy

The following users liked this post:
Outrun (03-04-2021)
Old 02-04-2021, 11:39 AM
Veteran Member
Received 918 Likes on 654 Posts

Paddy,

Love to see more about your KillerChiller! How about some Photos and descriptions of the installation and something more about the power advantages? After running the Snow Performance Meth/Water System for over 10 years; I am interested in anything that cools the Load.....!

Please let us know!

Billy Clyde @ Cinco Ranch

Old 02-04-2021, 12:23 PM
Default Killerchiller Update

Hi Billy,
Yeah cool will do.......in the middle of trying to figure it out at the moment as the engine cooling system has to be seperated from the supercharger cooling circuit. If you know anyone who has done this already would be a great help.
Both upper and lower pulleys have also been upgraded along with cool air induction, low temp thermostat and 3inch straight thru exhaust system with all boxes, cats deletes and cross-over scavenger. After this will be finally ECU tuned so hoping will be decent increase in torque and power! Have all new OE sensors MAP, MAF, O2 to be installed so tuning runs optimium. Will run on rolling road for testing.
Was interested in the water meth system....might try it on next project. What sort of power increase is there? Is yours 4.2 xkr also?

Old 02-07-2021, 03:52 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,067 Likes on 857 Posts

when you split the system consider a cwa100 pump and running a trunk tank in the circuit

if you need more boost i think there’s a guy who still does the m122 rotor pack conversion

Last edited by xalty; 02-07-2021 at 03:55 PM.
Old 02-08-2021, 04:09 AM

Hi,
Thank you for your suggestions, Yes i have already replaced the aux water pump with the uprated Bosch one. I have an aux tank (1 gallon capacity) supplied as option with the Killerchiller Gen4 drag kit to increase the coolant in the system also. Also am using the 3 way valve bias to divert 100% of the cooling from chiller into the S/C cooling circuit/system. I am lucky that weather temperatures here are never hot and range from 32 to 75 degrees only. The a/c in cabin is never required even on a hot day, so all the chilling capacity can be utilzed for cooling S/C!

Old 02-08-2021, 04:14 AM

Are you referring to the upper and lower crank pulleys when you mention the rotor pack conversion for the Eaton M122 s/c ?
I have upgraded them already with 10% upper and 18% lower crank pulley, which have made a big difference already along with the other mods completed already.
Last item i to do is the ECU remap tuning along with all new OE sensors replacement.

Regards
Paddy.

Old 02-08-2021, 12:22 PM
Veteran Member

Xalty,

Could you give us a little more information about what you mean by: "Splitting the System" and whose the Guy who still does the m122 rotor pack conversion and what about a cwa100 pump.....where do I find this information?

mchiti1 (04-13-2021)
Old 02-08-2021, 01:58 PM
Veteran Member

splitting the system means creating a seperate fill tank for the intercooler circuit

the pierburg cwa100 is a water pump used in a bunch of new cars, often resold by a vendor as the ‘superflo’ as an upgrade for the Bosch 010 in some amg cars.

m122 rotor pack refers to the eaton m122 blower (gt500, sts-v). a guy adapting the jag supercharger to an old bmw v8 did it and apparently gains were made. his email is at the end of the thread

https://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/s...ge3&styleid=50

Last edited by xalty; 02-08-2021 at 02:07 PM.
DeviLSh (09-28-2021)
Old 02-10-2021, 12:29 PM

Hi Xalty,
i presume you mean upgrade the pulleys lower , upper and tensioner kit on the S/C ?

Old 03-04-2021, 09:15 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Paddy Dunne
Hi,
Has anyone completed an Interchiller installation, i have a killerchiller drag kit which will install to complement various other upgrades on 4.2 XKR.
Any info or feedback would be much appreciated?
Regards Paddy
Good day to you Paddy. I'm down in County Clare researching the exact same topic for my own Irish reg X150 4.2 XK-R. I was also looking at just installing the Pierburg CWA50 pump too only.
I'm trying to get her to cool down to handle the crappo Irish fuel, and for her to be able to reliably handle the odd trip to LeMans, Cannonball etc.
I know a man who has installed a working chiller killer kit on a unique vehicle in a workshop near Dublin. He has my car in that workshop too.

Old 03-04-2021, 12:14 PM
Default Good news! I am not alone.......

Hi please send me an email and will contact you with my number if that is ok. Finally got to the bottom of it at this stage as many delays with parts etc.
would be great to compare notes etc especially with your mechanic in Dublin!.

Last edited by Paddy Dunne; 03-04-2021 at 04:09 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Paddy Dunne:
dfbender (03-09-2021), Outrun (03-04-2021)
Old 03-04-2021, 05:16 PM
Veteran Member

Well, Hey Guys! I was counting on you to help me out here.........You are talking about "Splitting the System"....I assume you mean running the Coolant to the S/C and it's Intercooler on it's own system...Which would mean that somewhere along the line it would have to be separated from the Engine Coolant system....Is there a system that you can buy that will accomplish this split? If so, where do I find this system? Who makes it or Where do you get the information on how to do this?

What I have done on the last 3 XKR's I've owned, is install a Snow Methanol/Water Kit along with the more powerful Electric Water Pump and the Larger Intercooler. This system has and is working great but I am interested in this splitting the system in addition! I have noticed that the Gentleman from Italy has done this to his newly redone XKR with the 4.8 liter Engine.....But it took some extra doing to the Intercooler inlets.....! I was hoping that there might be another way with this "Killer Chiller" you have mentioned in this Link......Please share any information you Guys might have that would possibly help us all....I am going to do this splitting of the system as I foresee a good HP gain!

I've also thought this might be a good time to add a small Nitrous System setup to the overall picture! Has anyone on the forum attempted anything to do with Nitrous Oxide Systems?

If you Guys will share the information you have or if anyone knows what or how the best way to go about this will share information, I know I would be appreciative!

Any help from anyone would be great! Incidentally, directing us through another Forum, such as the "Bimmer Forum" does not help unless you are a member. It will not allow you to Proceed!

Thanks to anyone that will help!

Old 03-04-2021, 05:21 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Paddy Dunne
Hi Xalty,
i presume you mean upgrade the pulleys lower , upper and tensioner kit on the S/C ?
no the actual rotor pack of the supercharger

unfortunately the person who did this swap doesn’t own a jag and doesn’t have an engine to mock it up on.

Old 03-04-2021, 06:41 PM
Default Splitting cooling systems

Hi,
We will be doing this next week as waiting on correct size fittings from killerchiller so has been delayed. But as far as i know after reviewing the set up in the garage ....we identified one connecting pipe, (there may be a second underneath) between both systems and seems like it is there to equalize the pressure more than anything else which in turn acts as a natural convection bias so hot temp/high pressure zone will dissipate into lower temp/lower pressure zone and vice versa. I am an engineer and not a trained mechanic so this made logical sense to me ....i may be wrong! 🤪
As far as splitting them is pretty simple, we are just cutting or tapering off the connector and inserting a stop end rubber bung that will fit same ID as the connector pipe itself.
The problem with the larger intercooler i think is although the coolant volume is doubled, the surface area of the larger intercooler has hardly increased at all. Its dimensions are the same apart from the depth thickness which results in negligible increase in transfer of heat from coolant to cooling fins to ambient air. So that is why i am using a combo of uprated pump, low temp thermostat and interchiller with added in series aux gallon tank for coolant volume which will be all insulated with heat shield insulation 10mm thick. If claims of killerchiller that the charged air will be near zero Celsius then the amount of oxygen in the denser cooler air will increase by approx 44%. Which means significant more combustion and power!
I will video the splitting pipes of both circuits and try post it if i can next week.
I would be interested in which water meth system you use and also how much power/torque gained?
Another to note, is it true the water meth system also helps with cooling the charged air also?
Would be very helpful to compare notes.
Am weary of nitrous system, do they cause too much wear on engine? What are power gains?
Regards Paddy.

The following 2 users liked this post by Paddy Dunne:
bcprice36 (03-04-2021), Outrun (03-05-2021)
Old 03-04-2021, 10:20 PM
Veteran Member

Paddy,

I'm going to try answering your questions by telling you what I have done to my current and past XKR's....Current 2005 XKR Coupe: All have had the Big Pulley, Small Pulley surgery...computer is original---not programed just Stock.
I have installed a Snow Performance Stage 2.5 Water/Meth System which comes with the VC-50 Controller. This System cost: $566.90 it comes with S/S Lines and just about everything you will need to set it up. It comes with a Water Bottle but I use my Jaguar Windshield Washer Bottle due to the space and it works great....You can still use the Windshield Washer, if you need it'. I mix Distilled Water 50/50 with Methanol and fill the Bottle about once a week...The Jaguar Bottle has a gauge and will tell you when the bottle is low. The system works great! Sprays directly into the top of the Throttle inlet. When you order the system ask if you can get the larger pump instead of the original one....It may cost you a little more....Also, they have a metal outlet that you can fit to the bottom of the Bottle, so you can hook-up the drain hose to the Pump....You have to remove the Washer Bottle to do this job... I can fell the difference when it is on but I don't know the HP Gaines...I never have put it on a Dyno as I really don't care....I just like the torque pull! In answer to your question about cooling the charge, the answer is differently, as it fogs the inlet air with Meth/Water just above the Throttle Body.....It travels through the intake to the S/C and then on to the Intake Valves....It works for sure! I have the VC-50 Controller mounted on my Windshield Post, so I can watch the pressure go up in Lbs. When I really get on it, I have seen as much as 25lbs. Boost. It works, I can say that!

I have no idea as to the amount of HP all this produces, as I have never done a Dyno run on this XKR. What I want to do is Hook-up a small Nitro system in addition and then go for the Dyno Run....Hoping to exceed 500 or so HP or close to it!

I'm still questioning what the Killer Chiller is? I still haven't found it on the Net....Do you have a Company Name so I can find it? What does it do?

Outside Houston, Texas

Water/Methanol Nozzle @ Intake

Last edited by bcprice36; 03-04-2021 at 10:36 PM.
Outrun (03-05-2021)
Old 03-04-2021, 10:43 PM
Veteran Member
Smile

Error!

Old 03-05-2021, 05:22 AM
Default Interesting!

Hi Billy,
I will definitely look into that...at 25psi it sounds like you are close to 500bhp already!
check www.killerchiller.com and ask for Joe Kincaid. I have the latest Gen 4 Drag Option with 3 Way by pass to by pass the intercooler heat exchanger altogether. In fact i will remove it as we don't have hot temperatures here at all in Ireland and is only if you need a/c to cool the cabin also. There is also an Australian company making them also called Forced Induction Interchillers. The system is called an interchiller product, it piggy backs on the car a/c to use the chiller to cool the s/c coolant circuit. So temp at air intake is close to zero which means as i said before more forced inducted Oxygen which basically means more powerful combustion and more power. Especially when used with upgraded upper and lower pulleys and other add on mods airfilters induction kits, de cat straight through exhausts etc and an ECU remap to tune at the end. Also changed all relevant sensors with new.
Will be interesting to see if you ever make it to the dyno run! I will when car is remapped at last stage.

Old 03-05-2021, 10:20 PM
Veteran Member

Paddy,

Thanks very much for sending all this information to me! I will spend most of the Weekend going over & over the Killer Chiller stuff...Hoping to find something for the Texas heat! What Kit have you decided on to help your XKR? Being new to something like this makes it sort of questionable as I have not any experience at all with Systems such as this! Have you installed any of these systems or seen them installed? If so, what are you plans for your XKR? Which Kit or combination of Kits? and how would you set it up with a Snow Performance Methanol kit? What do you think will work best?

I'm attaching a photo or two of my 4th XKR Coupe! I got this one several years ago after a Lady cut across 3 Lane of traffic and hit me in the Left Front and Side. That was the end of that 2003 XKR Coupe...so I went looking for my current Coupe. I have done some Motor work to it, which helped it out quite a bit along with the Snow Water/Methanol Kit....It goes better than most but there are a lot of other Guys that I'm sure are a lot faster than I.....I would like to see your Jag...Please send some Photos of it......Keep in touch!

Billy Clyde@ Cinco Ranch - Houston

2005 Jaguar XKR Coupe - Black Onyx/Ivory 20" BBS Montreal Wheels

2005 Jaguar XKR Coupe - Black Onyx/Ivory 4.2 Super Charged Engine

2005 Jaguar XKR Coupe - Black Onyx/Ivory with Victory Edition LED Tail Lights

Old 03-08-2021, 08:44 PM

Hi Billy,
Hopefully will have the Killerchiller finished by Friday, just waiting on correct fittings due to arrive on wed. My car has extended wheelbase 40mm and lowered with H & R sports springs by 30mm and also 20mm wider back tyres 305's. So has a much lower, wider stance. I also changed all new shocks and new larger brakes 365mm discs, grooved and cross drilled etc. I also have Montreal 20's like yours. I also changed out all the suspension bushes with Poweflex performance type including anti roll bar, strut, cross braces upper lower wishbones....basically complete set of 10 sets in total. So car drives better then new! I don't have photos of it post work but will take some soon and post!
I will go for the water meth system as it increases the octane equivalence as 116 octane and cleans the engine aswell as the denser oxygen filled charged intake air.....so will definitely be a good additional power/torque.

Old 03-09-2021, 01:06 PM
Veteran Member

Paddy,

I look forward to hearing about your installation of the "Killer-Chiller". Although I'm not so sure that's the way I want to go! (To many Parts and to much going on under our small Engine area...I'll have to wait and see how yours's works out! So, Please keep me in your Posts! I'm still thinking Nitrous, due to the space.....They make a small system for those who don't use it much!

Please keep me in on your installation of the Chiller!

Billy Clyde

Quick Reply: Interchiller Installation XKR