Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The itch has returned...

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2013, 10:47 AM
Veteran Member
Received 133 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by Frog
Lol, sorry my mind is made up. It's a blast to drive, much sportier than the XKR and it has the best exhaust sound I have ever heard.
My XKR has the best exhaust sound I've ever heard. My guys at the muffler shop who have done a bunch of high end sports cars loved my exhaust note before I put in the aftermarket cats, when I brought it back to let them hear after the cats? Their jaws... and I mean 3 employees collectively dropped and were just blown away. All the work stopped as they came out to chat... even the guys in a few of the other auto shops in the repair-shop strip mall stopped working and came out for a few minutes. It sounds as good as anything else on the road and better than most.

But it's still been over a year for me, and I still have that new car honeymoon period with mine. I still enjoy looking at it walking up to it as I am looking at it as I walk away. This is the longest honeymoon period I've ever had with a car and I've owned a bunch.

But yeah, I understand.... the impression factor for the Aston is really that much higher than the XKs. While the XK's are truly a classic beauty, the Astons are more art-worthy. I hope you find the one that gives you that same fascination that I still have with mine!

Old 04-19-2013, 11:44 AM
Received 159 Likes on 113 Posts

X

Last edited by White Bear; 04-19-2013 at 10:09 PM.
Old 04-20-2013, 04:34 AM
Veteran member
Received 168 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by xenophobe
But yeah, I understand.... the impression factor for the Aston is really that much higher than the XKs.
The dealer I went to in London was also a Jaguar dealer. They had dozens of preowned Jags outside, including a couple of stunning 2011 black on ivory XKRs. I admired them for a few seconds and then turned around to where the preowned Aston Martins were parked and immediately realised that, as you say, there really is no comparison.

For the price of a 2006/7 V8 Vantage, I could get a 2009/10 XKR with an extra 130hp. It would be cheaper to insure and maintain, and it is more spacious inside, but I know that I would still be hankering after the gorgeous lines of the Vantage.

The choice is fairly limited, however, and I'm finding it hard to track down the colour combination I want (midnight blue with ivory leather). No rush, though, as I need to sell my XKR first. Half the fun is in the pursuit, as they say.

Attached Thumbnails The itch has returned...-2571842779_5dc8ce1cda_o.jpg  

Last edited by Frog; 04-20-2013 at 04:47 AM.
Old 04-23-2013, 01:37 AM
Received 150 Likes on 119 Posts

Say in ain't so! But I certainly can't blame you and would be tempted to do the same. Damn if this thread hasn't gotten me looking at pre-owned AMs online... the DB9 and Vantage V8 are starting to get realistic...

Best of luck with the sale of your gorgeous standard-bearing XKR, and indeed, keep us posted.

Old 05-03-2013, 07:43 AM
Veteran Member
Received 515 Likes on 333 Posts

Originally Posted by JSC
If I have half the chance of owning a Aston Martin, I would do it. I don't care if it is cramped, or if I lose my fillings, I would still do it.

Unfortunately, Foreign Cars Italia in Greensboro (Ferrari, Porsche, Maserati, and Aston Martin delaership) is nearly next to the Jaguar Dealership in Greensboro, and I have to drive past it every time I go there.

Maybe one day I will give in...
I actually looked at an Aston when I bought my XF. It was about the same price and stunning! If I had realized that the repair costs would be the same after my XF warranty ran out, I'd have gone with the Aston.

Btw, if you use Scott Jag, make the extra drive to Winston Salem to Flow. MUCH better customer service and pricing!!
I live in Hickory so about the same distance for me!! But I have a GREAT local mechanic for most issues. Car Surgeon and he specializes in Jaguar.

Old 05-03-2013, 06:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi, I am new to the forum. Are you looking for a Jag?

Old 05-03-2013, 09:57 PM
Received 27 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Bethany Cornelison
Hi, I am new to the forum. Are you looking for a Jag?
Welcome to the forum! But clearly, looking for an Aston...

And Frog... NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! You have one of the nicest cars I have ever seen. You can't take it away from me! But as long as you regularly post pics of your Aston Martin... you can be somewhat forgiven.