XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) 1996 - 2006

Jaguar Forum 2020 Calendar - suggestions for selection of pictures

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2019, 02:54 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,686 Likes on 1,001 Posts

I’d love to purchase at least a couple of the calendars if available as a print item. PM me the details on where to PayPal for them.

Z

PS & admittedly straying off topic;

Originally Posted by rothwell
”.......Some might not want their plate details included. Probably should blur those out.......”
I’m likely just being completely thick-headed, but I’ve often wondered what is the point of blurring out a license plate ? ? ? After all, they are in full display on every street, highway, and parking lot.

.....and now back to your regularly scheduled program.

Z

The following 4 users liked this post by zray:
EnjoyEverySandwich (11-21-2019), frankc (11-20-2019), JimmyL (12-18-2019), Johnken (11-28-2019)
Old 11-20-2019, 03:19 PM
Received 243 Likes on 136 Posts

I never understood the purpose of blurring out plate numbers either. I'm sure there must be some reason for it.

Old 11-20-2019, 03:46 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,274 Likes on 699 Posts

Originally Posted by Barry_Tucker
I never understood the purpose of blurring out plate numbers either. I'm sure there must be some reason for it.
It doesn't bother me personally. Just think we should avoid controversy.

I do get that the plate number could be possibly be associated with a person/place/vehicle just from a photo. Perhaps that is the concern.

Old 11-20-2019, 05:53 PM
GGG
Received 16,865 Likes on 12,186 Posts

Originally Posted by Barry_Tucker
I go through the Autotrader looking for identical models to mine and then check the Government and Motor Vehicle Insurance websites to verify they are taxed and insured before cloning the plates. I don't bother to tax or insure my vehicle and couldn't care less about parking or speeding tickets.

Let me add that is NOT TRUE but it's the reason I never display my full registration in forum posts. I've had one of my numbers cloned before and know all too well the difficulty of disputing fines.

Graham

The following users liked this post:
Johnken (11-28-2019)
Old 11-20-2019, 06:32 PM
Veteran Member
Received 456 Likes on 299 Posts

Originally Posted by GGG
NO, NO, NO - full declaration is essential.

I want Frank to KNOW I'm not voting for a photo his car - every time he posts one it's ALWAYS cleaner than mine.

Graham
Thanks Graham, I think..

Funnily enough I did a search on Google for "dirty XKR", then "dirty XK8" for a picture to put up and I could not find one. We Jag owners obviously take care of our cars much more than any other car. Nice problem to have.

GGG (11-21-2019)
Old 11-20-2019, 06:34 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by DavidYau
Ladies and Gents,

My first draft is ready and part 1 is attached below. I cannot waiting for an email poll amongst the Forum members, to decide what pics are good, as my plan is to professionally print them, and post them to anyone who wants a copy, in the 1st week of December (postage in Bahrain is very slow!). You'll have to live with my decisions.

GGG- frankc's car made July!

I tried to use the space right of the month table for a X100 technical subject I had in 2019 (secondary tensioners, seat diaphragm, trunk lights etc), maybe a joke, and Sept is for funracer's safety moment. Content varies from month to month.

Any comments and suggestions to improve the calendar, will be gratefully received. If anyone has any objections to the content, please let me know.
Such a tease. The calendar I downloaded only goes up to June. Its like one of those tv dramas I will just have to wait for the next episode?

Old 11-20-2019, 07:47 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,686 Likes on 1,001 Posts

Originally Posted by GGG
I go through the Autotrader looking for identical models to mine and then check the Government and Motor Vehicle Insurance websites to verify they are taxed and insured before cloning the plates. I don't bother to tax or insure my vehicle and couldn't care less about parking or speeding tickets.

Let me add that is NOT TRUE but it's the reason I never display my full registration in forum posts. I've had one of my numbers cloned before and know all too well the difficulty of disputing fines.

Graham
what's to stop anyone from driving down Main Street USA or Main Street UK or cruising a parking lot, seeing your car then doing the same thing ? ? ?

Z.

PS There's no privacy anymore.

Pretending otherwise is just whistling past the graveyard. Not saying that's you Graham. Dealing with the multitude of scams is just part of modern life. And there's no way to avoid it without turning one's back on having a free life and giving in to being fearful every waking moment. (sorry for the soapbox-ing). Again not pointing a finger at anyone here.

To heck with all that, just let me see a finished calendar . That's the important thing here.... !!!

Last edited by zray; 11-20-2019 at 07:51 PM.
Old 11-20-2019, 11:35 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,419 Likes on 755 Posts
Default Just like the X100 - I'll need to produce 2 versions to meet consumers' tastes

Gents,

Thanks for the feed back. Agree with lots of what people say, so just like the X100, I'll produce 2 versions aka X100's base XK8 and sporty XKR.

1. Simple and elegant aka the XK8 - One pic per month of a lovely X100 with a nice back ground, with a larger calendar completely filling the bottom half. I'll replace the cheater pic too.
2. XKR - "More Frission" version with my additional bits on the RHS of the calendar, plus I'll keep the cheater pic in it. Definitely more spicy and edgy, a la XKR! LOL

I'll blur out the number plates, just to sure. Plus fix a lot of typos ie Dec's Utah instead of Ultah. Michael spotted the Canadian number plate mis-labelled as UK too. Also in January, words should read "Ignorance is NOT Bliss!" No-one spotted that in December 2020, I wished everyone Happy New Year for 2020 instead of 2021.

Zray - no need for payment - I'll get a professional print run and plan to post them first week of Dec. Everyone please PM me your addresses and I'll get it sorted. As I said, it's a thank you for everyone's hard work in 2019 helping me, and others, on the Forum..... I'm thinking the front page has to be my 99 emerald XK8! I'm very proud of her now!

The following 2 users liked this post by DavidYau:
crbass (11-22-2019), ozbot (11-21-2019)
Old 11-21-2019, 03:52 AM
Veteran Member
Default Simple Calendar Version Ready

Gents,

I've done the simple calendar version (no funnies on RHS of calendar) and the PDF is attached. Removed the Cheater pic and changed 2 pics for different coloured cars.
A suggestion has been made that I put in calendar anniversary dates for important events in the Jaguar X100 life. If someone can do this leg work, I can quickly add it to the calendar.

When you PM your address please let me know if you want the simple version or the funny version.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
ozbot (11-23-2019)
Old 11-21-2019, 03:56 AM
Veteran Member
Default Funny Calendar Version Part 1

As the Forum is limited to 5MB attachments, the Funny calendar has to be in 2 posts. I have tried to have a story linking the RHS funnies. Wonder if you can work it out ie June - arguing drivers, hot air, exhaust - Get it?

PDF Part1 attached.

Attached Files
crbass (11-22-2019), jimmiejag (11-22-2019)
Old 11-21-2019, 03:57 AM
Veteran Member
Default Funny Version Part 2 PDF

Here's Funnies Part 2 PDF

Attached Files
crbass (11-22-2019), jimmiejag (11-22-2019)
Old 11-21-2019, 05:24 AM
Veteran Member
Thumbs up

Love the calendar! Would buy three off you please. Just let me know how much the postage is etc.

Some nice looking cars on there, and no I dont mean mine. Seriously though some lovely backdrops. Can see why you picked that one for December. You have obviously put a lot of work into it.

Old 11-21-2019, 02:29 PM
Received 224 Likes on 116 Posts

Glad to see some representation from the older models! I will admit the later models are a bit prettier, but let us not forget where we come from. Am I biased? Perhaps.

Old 11-22-2019, 10:30 AM
Received 63 Likes on 51 Posts

Just thought this would make a good one for March. Jeremy Clarkson experiencing March Madness driving a F-Type.

michaelh (11-22-2019)
Old 11-22-2019, 06:38 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,400 Likes on 1,556 Posts

Originally Posted by EnjoyEverySandwich
I will admit the later models are a bit prettier
I must disrepectfully disagree (I am biased)
However, there isn't one that I wouldn't be proud to own and drive - although the cheater would need a quick polish first...

The following 3 users liked this post by michaelh:
crbass (11-23-2019), DavidYau (11-23-2019), ozbot (11-22-2019)
Old 11-22-2019, 10:57 PM
Veteran Member
Received 925 Likes on 456 Posts

1. Simple and elegant aka the XK8 - One pic per month of a lovely X100 with a nice back ground, with a larger calendar completely filling the bottom half. I'll replace the cheater pic too.
2. XKR - "More Frission" version with my additional bits on the RHS of the calendar, plus I'll keep the cheater pic in it. Definitely more spicy and edgy, a la XKR! LOL
Fantastic. It would be a tragedy to see either 'cheater' or the side bits go.

The following 3 users liked this post by crbass:
DavidYau (11-23-2019), michaelh (11-24-2019), ozbot (11-22-2019)
Old 11-24-2019, 05:28 AM
Received 4,319 Likes on 3,732 Posts

Love the calendar David!!! Great job - thanks for doing this!!

Old 11-24-2019, 02:36 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,400 Likes on 1,556 Posts

Originally Posted by MiragePro
Just thought this would make a good one for March. Jeremy Clarkson experiencing March Madness driving a F-Type.
I want his job. Hooning around in provided cars just has to be one of the best. I love the demonic look on JC's face; it's a shame they went from mainstream TV as the chemistry between Clarkson, May and Hammond hasn't been equalled.

Apologies for the hijack David.

DavidYau (11-24-2019)
Old 11-25-2019, 12:48 PM
Veteran Member
Default Printer sent his first sample and I’m pleased with it

Well sorting out how to print on A3 for a flip chart calendar was a bit of a challenge. Done though and my first sample is back from the printers and is good, bordering on great! Very pleased with it. Glossy paper 140gsm generally with 300 gsm cover. You’ll have to wait to see the surprise cover photo though, courtesy of the Girls on Jags thread..... tasteful though suitable for both the simple and funny versions.

Counting the pre-orders to date, it’s 11 simple and 10 funnies.

IMHO Almost the same same ratio for purists and retro-mods enthusiasts .... and for those in the UK, BREXIT.

I’m travelling for a week but my secretary will keep an eye on the printers. Plan is to post on 4th Dec, as BAHRAIN post is very slow.

As for those kind enough to offer to pay, I’m in contact with the Jaguar Heritage Foundation in UK and will try to organise some way we can donate. Check out their website pictures as they have 3 X100s in their collection.

Old 11-25-2019, 12:58 PM
Received 72 Likes on 44 Posts

Well sorting out how to print on A3 for a flip chart calendar was a bit of a challenge. Done though and my first sample is back from the printers and is good, bordering on great! Very pleased with it. Glossy paper 140gsm generally with 300 gsm cover. You’ll have to wait to see the surprise cover photo though, courtesy of the Girls on Jags thread..... tasteful though suitable for both the simple and funny versions.

Counting the pre-orders to date, it’s 11 simple and 10 funnies.

IMHO Almost the same same ratio for purists and retro-mods enthusiasts .... and for those in the UK, BREXIT.

I’m travelling for a week but my secretary will keep an eye on the printers. Plan is to post on 4th Dec, as BAHRAIN post is very slow.

As for those kind enough to offer to pay, I’m in contact with the Jaguar Heritage Foundation in UK and will try to organise some way we can donate. Check out their website pictures as they have 3 X100s in their collection.
David, please put me down for a couple of the funnies!

Quick Reply: Jaguar Forum 2020 Calendar - suggestions for selection of pictures