XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) 1996 - 2006
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Jaguar XK8 1997 Airbag " Please Help,I'm desperate?

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2017, 07:16 AM
Received 282 Likes on 209 Posts

Have you checked things like the clock spring in the steering wheel? That could potentially have been damaged when the airbag deployed. I'd also be looking at the front impact sensor, as that wasn't replaced.

Also, have you checked fuse f4 which, according to the workshop manual, will be deliberately blown by the SRS Ecu if it detects a potential misfire situation? If it is blown, the manual suggests that it is not replaced until you are certain that the potential for a misfire has been rectified.

Last edited by bladerunner919; 03-23-2017 at 07:24 AM.
Old 03-23-2017, 08:32 AM
Veteran Member
Received 655 Likes on 463 Posts

I connected up my IDS this morning.
As far as I am aware, I have no problems with the airbag circuit - warning light comes on with the ignition and goes off about 4 seconds later.

BUT .......... I have the same message as you - Restraints Control Module (ERR 0xc)
Communication with the module has been lost.

I also have one CCM fault but I'm sure that's not related.

So - my guess - and that is ALL it is - is that the SRS module cannot talk to IDS which is why there is a separate interrogation socket and that message does NOT mean that the module is faulty.

As others have said, I would carefully double-check the front impact sensor, the steering wheel cassette / clock-spring, and any connections you may have disturbed.

The following users liked this post:
junk jag (09-30-2021)