XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) 1996 - 2006
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Jim's Jag

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2017, 04:51 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by rothwell
Below is a pic of my Lloyd's Ultimat in Neutral color. Mine fit extremely well and have the correct single eyelet for my model year.

Jim I have to think that you got the wrong mats. Lloyds has a stellar reputation for fit and finish.

In the pic I laid my Ultimat color samples for
  • Neutral
  • Bahama
  • Coffee
  • Sable

I chose the neutral because I felt that best matched the overall interior even though it is not an exact match for the Jaguar Sable carpet color in my SDZ interior. The Bahama is just a bit darker with a touch of gray compared to my carpet.

Here is a closer pic of the samples

Hope this helps you sort it out.
UPDATE: Three weeks after being sent the wrong mats, I am told by Cal Car Covers that Lloyd Mats does not have a pattern for a 2001 Jag XKR and cannot supply any mats for my car. They are going to refund my purchase price. I've bought Lloyd Mats before from other vendors. This doesn't pass the "smell test".

Old 05-03-2017, 08:21 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,269 Likes on 695 Posts

You can order single or double eyelet versions for the XK8 so yeah either they are full of it or the "R" is throwing them off and they only see XK8s.

Got mine thru AutoAnything.com with a 20% off deal they had at Christmas. I see that they have a 15% off deal right now + free shipping.

The following users liked this post:
MediaBobNY (05-10-2017)
Old 05-05-2017, 12:33 PM
Veteran Member
Received 918 Likes on 561 Posts

Rothwell, that is a super useful post; I thanked you but wanted to shout out that thank you since nothing is quite like seeing the real deal .

I'm getting new carpet made this fall at a local custom shop that does great work, but I might still go the Lloyd's route for mats. This is super helpful. My carpet is similar in fade and matting to yours (not meant as a slight) and since I'm doing all the top stuff, I figured might as well pay a little and get the carpets redone.

Old 05-10-2017, 09:31 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,269 Likes on 695 Posts

Originally Posted by 80sRule
Rothwell, that is a super useful post; I thanked you but wanted to shout out that thank you since nothing is quite like seeing the real deal .

I'm getting new carpet made this fall at a local custom shop that does great work, but I might still go the Lloyd's route for mats. This is super helpful. My carpet is similar in fade and matting to yours (not meant as a slight) and since I'm doing all the top stuff, I figured might as well pay a little and get the carpets redone.
If you find carpet that matches the Lloyd's colors I would be interested to learn what brand/color carpet you chose.

I asked Lloyds if they would sell their carpet off the roll so I could redo the floors in the XK8 to exactly match. Was told that their carpet has too much backing as would be too stiff to bend.