XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) 1996 - 2006

Just When You Think You're Safe....

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2010, 08:23 AM
Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Greenjewel, as soon as you get a lawyer they have no reason to speak with you and shouldn't. After all that is why you got the lawyer, for him/her to handle it.

Regardless you are right, you should never hesitate to get a lawyer in a bad case

Old 11-10-2010, 04:18 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Get 3 estimates, go down to the station for the report then give all information to YOUR insurance agent while filing a claim. Your agent should guide and reassure you that all is well. That's why we pay those nice premiums! They will handle the other driver's insurance issue rather than pay a collision claim. Meanwhile, your car will get fixed sooner than later.

Old 11-10-2010, 04:54 PM
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by 2002XK8Orlando
Greenjewel, as soon as you get a lawyer they have no reason to speak with you and shouldn't. After all that is why you got the lawyer, for him/her to handle it.

Regardless you are right, you should never hesitate to get a lawyer in a bad case
And why shouldn't your own insurance company speak with you?

Old 11-10-2010, 05:03 PM
Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Because it all goes through the attorney at that point..it is in his/her hands then. If you wanted to talk with them and handle it then do it and don't have the attorney. Its like asking why didnthe chauffeur drive you instead of you being able to drive...well don't hire a chauffuer then

Old 11-13-2010, 12:52 AM
Veteran member
Received 1,151 Likes on 753 Posts

I hate to contribute to the thread in this way, I'd rather just continue wishing you luck and supporting your's and Ann's unfortunate damage. Instead, I visited my sister's house tonight, spent less than an hour there, and when I got home...found this.

Parked in the street, and apparently its very easy to get hit by the neighbor backing out of their driveway. My sister, did this last year to her neighbor across the street, as a matter of fact.

Confronted the owners of the house, found a black pickup with scratches on its bumper that matched up EXACTLY with my fender damage (brought my trusty tape measure) but it was late and he didn't know who drove the truck that night. I suppose this one is coming out of my pocket...again. Lets hope paintless dent repair can work its magic. Skidmark's dent...not so much. Mine...there is hope.

this is the 5th dent in 2 years I have had to have 'painlessly' removed! This car is a magnet for this kind of thing.

Old 11-13-2010, 04:37 AM
Veteran Member
Received 639 Likes on 441 Posts

It's hard to believe , what a lame . I hope your next XK will not suffer from such dents h20

Old 11-13-2010, 06:13 AM

Originally Posted by 2002XK8Orlando
Because it all goes through the attorney at that point..it is in his/her hands then. If you wanted to talk with them and handle it then do it and don't have the attorney. Its like asking why didnthe chauffeur drive you instead of you being able to drive...well don't hire a chauffuer then
I got the attorney to deal with her insurance company not mine. I see your point but to me it doesn't make much sense unless I'm going to sue or go after my insurance company.

Old 11-13-2010, 06:15 AM

H20boy sorry to hear & see your latest fender customization.

Old 11-13-2010, 11:12 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had the same type of issue, and learned to always try to get a police officer involved. I'm in Dallas and called the police after someone rear ended my car, but they said they wouldn't respond unless there was an injury. Because they never showed up, the other driver claimed that someone hit them from behind and pushed them into my car, so the claim was denied by their insurance company, and they asked my insurance company to file it under uninsured motorist, since the other person claimed (falsely) that it involved a driver who left the scene. Protect yourself and try to flag down a patrol car, because insurance companies suck.