XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) 1996 - 2006

Laser logo puddle lights. Brilliant!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2013, 02:15 AM
Veteran Member
Received 133 Likes on 107 Posts

To each, their own. Every person has their own idea of what awesomeness is. Too blingy for my taste. lol

Old 08-11-2013, 03:15 AM
Veteran Member
Received 664 Likes on 572 Posts

Interesting.

Do you, don't you?. Should you, shouldn't you?.

The answers are very simple, whatever makes you happy, it is your car after all.

I don't particularly subscribe to modifying our cars, but that is just me. Neither would I criticise someone for modifying theirs. I may not agree with the modifications but hey, each to their own. Some are tasteful some aren't, but that again is a subjective opinion.

Criticism of any kind is rarely welcome, however, differences of opinion lead to full and frank discussions like this one and should be encouraged. It is what makes this forum what it is.

I prefer to keep mine completely stock and enjoy every minute I am in it.

I hold out in hope that one day, completely stock will be the next custom and someone will have an opinion on that. Then we go round again.

The following users liked this post:
JimC64 (08-11-2013)
Old 08-11-2013, 03:49 AM
Received 200 Likes on 180 Posts

Originally Posted by The Coupe;789087
NOTE to all: You can get a look at blended X150 sills and boot spoiler [URL="http://paragondesignuk.com/me04.htm"
HERE.[/URL]
Now that one just plain puzzles me.

Obviously a good deal of thought, effort, and money invested. Overall effect is reasonably well-integrated, whether it is anyone's particular cup 'o tea or not.

And yet ... the outright travesty of side vents haven't been filled-in, nor even body-colour painted.

Eliminating that sort of alien eyesore is the single nicest thing that could be done to lift it out of the Philippine Jeepney school of design.

Old 08-11-2013, 07:17 AM
Veteran Member
Received 516 Likes on 333 Posts

Originally Posted by lunaticpro
I got mine for $15 bucks through aliexpress. Took about 10 days to get here in the US.
Figures I paid to much!!

Went to one of our local fine dining restaurants last evening, the type that looks like a high end car dealership lot at night!
7 jags, including mine were there as well as other 80k cars and such! I left the car with the valet and went in to have an incredible dinner!
When we came back and they pulled the car around, the attendant said several people were really amazed with these crazy lights. He then handed me three business cards of people wanting them!! 2 jaguars and a Bentley!

I've decided this crazy little mod looks good when my car is among its own kind, but really chavy in the Target parking lot!! Lol

I think it will look best on my XF since I've changed all my bulbs to led already anyway. And it kind of fits all the new gadgetry the XF has anyway! I just wish it was a more matching blue color to the interior lighting on my console.

JimC64 (08-11-2013)
Old 08-11-2013, 07:59 AM
Veteran Member
Received 370 Likes on 228 Posts

Originally Posted by Thermite
Now that one just plain puzzles me.

Obviously a good deal of thought, effort, and money invested. Overall effect is reasonably well-integrated, whether it is anyone's particular cup 'o tea or not.

And yet ... the outright travesty of side vents haven't been filled-in, nor even body-colour painted.

Eliminating that sort of alien eyesore is the single nicest thing that could be done to lift it out of the Philippine Jeepney school of design.

Therm-

Just to be clear, that's not my car at the link. I'm just showing it as an example of the blended X150 side sills and blended spoiler ONLY. I agree with you on the side vents, both stock and custom. I'm not a huge fan of the custom rear end on this example car either, but Tony at Paragon Design UK does some amazing work.

Old 08-11-2013, 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by philhef
attendant said several people were really amazed with these crazy lights. He then handed me three business cards of people wanting them!! 2 jaguars and a Bentley!

.... more matching blue color to the interior lighting on my console.
Possibilities are endless.

...Japanese luxo-cruisers that display a different Haiku each go.

...Chinese-market version that displays a Japanese flag to be trod upon.

...Mercedes and BMW with 'Vorsicht Schritt' and 'herabsteigen',

...post Arnage Red-label Bentley with 'Toe geht aus ersten'

Jag#4 (08-11-2013)
Old 08-11-2013, 11:00 AM
Veteran Member
Received 690 Likes on 560 Posts

Originally Posted by Thermite
...Mercedes and BMW with 'Vorsicht Schritt' and 'herabsteigen',

...post Arnage Red-label Bentley with 'Toe geht aus ersten'
So should Jags say, "खाई लगाम" [roughly: Mind the Gap]?

Old 08-11-2013, 11:20 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,387 Likes on 2,866 Posts

My fiscal restraint mindset prevents me from doing ANY mods just for appearance's sake. My designated maintenance fund cash goes towards upkeep and repair, not bling or trinkets. Never liked the Atlas chrome wheels that came with my wife's XK8 Victory Edition but I'm certainly not going to spend the money to replace them. My wife hasn't complained about them, so it hasn't been an issue....

I did cave in to her wishes on her birthday last October and ordered her a beautiful wooden Jaguar Coventry shift knob to replace the leather Momo one that came with her car but she never liked. Set me back $95. I still grumble about it every now and then....

Last edited by Jon89; 08-11-2013 at 11:30 AM.
Old 08-11-2013, 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by Jag#4
So should Jags say, "खाई लगाम" [roughly: Mind the Gap]?
'Mind the Gap' surely fits, but I suspect many Tata execs will be pleased to remind us that they speak a more classically correct English than we do... well.. sort of 'sing' it sometimes, given the cadencing...or that Sanskrit is one of the great ^nth-grandparent languages from whence much of the English language derives as well...

And don't tell a native Farsi speaker that your Jaguar can 'really go', lest he ask what you do as to disposing of the scat w/o attracting civil fines.

Old 08-11-2013, 02:27 PM
Veteran Member
Received 540 Likes on 403 Posts

Yikes--what a moron I am! From the photo that went along with the original post I kept thinking the modification was led lit treadplates!!! I hadn't even noticed the projected "Jaguar" on the ground and for some reason was focused on the treadplates.

Now that I know what the mod is I ABSOLUTELY hate this ricer-esque tacky touch.

Sorry to be blunt but once I correctly figured out what the mod was I was appalled!

Doug

Old 08-11-2013, 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by SeismicGuy
Yikes--what a moron I am! From the photo that went along with the original post I kept thinking the modification was led lit treadplates!!! I hadn't even noticed the projected "Jaguar" on the ground and for some reason was focused on the treadplates.

Sorry to be blunt but once I correctly figured out what the mod was I was appalled!

Doug
And I'm fussed that I not trash the looks with my add-on ('real') oil pressure, water temp, and voltmeter mods?

Door treatment cudda' been worse.

Time will come someone has the opening door lay-down a tacky synthetic-velour rendition of Sir Walter Raleigh's legendary cloak so as to protect the 'royal' feet FROM the puddle, rather than just illuminate the dreck one is about to set foot in....

Oh. Wait ...

...already have pull-out steps for the uber-suv tribe, do they not?

Old 08-11-2013, 06:23 PM
Veteran Member

Doug
I refuse to be insulted by your obvious lack of knowledge!!

It's BRICER-ESQUE!! (Brit ricer!!!) LOL

Old 08-11-2013, 08:06 PM
Received 199 Likes on 106 Posts
Default Stop it...

It would seem that many of members of this forum never had a mother, if they did, they forgot the old adage she used to say:

If you have nothing nice to say,
don't say anything at all !!

May I suggest that no matter what, most all members of this forum own a car that is only worth,
on the average a 12 to 15 thousand dollar car even in perfect condition and maybe taking yourselves a bit too seriously !!

Get off your high horse and stop acting like
persnickety little BIOTCHES !!

There now, it's been bugging me for a couple of days and now I have said it ...

PS. Thanks Phil, I ordered my Jaguar puddle lights yesterday, any suggestions or tricks for installation?
Please PM me.

Happy Motoring...

The following 2 users liked this post by vettegood:
Jeff in Tucson (08-11-2013), philhef (08-11-2013)
Old 08-11-2013, 08:19 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by vettegood
It would seem that many of members of this forum never had a mother, if they did, they forgot the old adage she used to say:

If you have nothing nice to say,
don't say anything at all !!

May I suggest that no matter what, most all members of this forum own a car that is only worth,
on the average a 12 to 15 thousand dollar car even in perfect condition and maybe taking yourselves a bit too seriously !!

Get off your high horse and stop acting like
persnickety little BIOTCHES !!

There now, it's been bugging me for a couple of days and now I have said it ...

PS. Thanks Phil, I ordered my Jaguar puddle lights yesterday, any suggestions or tricks for installation?
Please PM me.

Happy Motoring...
You da MAN!!
Seriously though, I'm a bit of a sadist. I like the gnashing of teeth when I do something to my car and post it.
I get so tired of coming to this forum and only seeing problem posts so I try to inject some fun, crazy posts to let us all forget about our bad relays, tensioners, hydraulic hoses, etc.....for a few minutes!
I get a TON of important info here but I like the frivolous posts too!
And I'll keep posting them!

JimC64 (08-11-2013)
Old 08-11-2013, 08:22 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,011 Likes on 4,114 Posts

Ok, just a reminder to ALL....

We ALL have our views and some may differ from others, thats fine and the way real ife is.

By all means express that opinion and disagree if you wish, BUT.....there's never any need to ridicule someone else's taste if it does not match yours

Any comments that go too far in this respect will be considered offensive / rude and either a warning or infraction could be given, essentially putting that member on notice for future behaviour.

Thanks

philhef (08-11-2013)
Old 08-11-2013, 08:36 PM
Veteran Member
Received 540 Likes on 403 Posts

Originally Posted by philhef
I refuse to be insulted by your obvious lack of knowledge!!

It's BRICER-ESQUE!! (Brit ricer!!!) LOL

Good one--I stand corrected

Doug

philhef (08-11-2013)
Old 08-11-2013, 09:40 PM
Received 101 Likes on 68 Posts

A very illuminating thread... have to appreciate the good ideas, and good thoughts, put forward by all. Keep it up.

Steve

Old 08-11-2013, 10:45 PM
Received 217 Likes on 131 Posts
Default Opinion

Originally Posted by Kevin D
Yes, while all of that is true, when he is seeking opinions, he has to understand that everyone else is just as entitled to theirs as he is to his.
I don't have a problem with your opinion, as long as you don't have a problem with mine, either. =)

Old 08-12-2013, 04:44 AM
Veteran Member
Received 133 Likes on 107 Posts

Doug
lol

I don't mean to stir the pot, but awesome response. haha. No wonder we clash. It took me a while to notice that too and although I didn't write that, that's not far off from my initial reaction.

Old 08-12-2013, 06:56 AM
Received 126 Likes on 110 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeff in Tucson
I don't have a problem with your opinion, as long as you don't have a problem with mine, either. =)

Perhaps you stopped reading at that first sentence. The last one was this, which made that exact point.

"We are all equally entitled to what we like and equally entitled to express that opinion, especially when asked."

I do agree with the moderator that some people took the criticism a bit too far into insults but, when you ask people what they think about something, you have to expect that some of them may not have the same taste as you and might not like the same things that you like.

Quick Reply: Laser logo puddle lights. Brilliant!!