XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) 1996 - 2006

Laser logo puddle lights. Brilliant!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2013, 08:17 AM
Veteran Member
Received 515 Likes on 333 Posts

Ok, let me say one last thing on this "opinion" situation.
If I didn't want anyone's, I wouldn't post. That being said, is there really any reason to be aggressively negative? I've seen tons of threads about things I personally hated but I certainly didn't try to make myself feel superior by demoralizing the OP.
There's a post on the forum looking for younger Jaguar owners. The OP was tired of all the negative comments by older members that are stuck in their ways and resist change. He was tired of all the negative responses to his threads. Now he was in his early twenties but do we really want to run off younger members/jaguar owners?
The brand has suffered the "old man" stigma for years and now thanks to a new direction, it's starting to redeem its real heritage. Sporty, advanced, modern cars that every age driver drools over!!
I personally welcome any opinion, good or bad, as long as its delivered with a modicum of tact and respect. I actually left the XFForum in favor of this site because many of those guys were SO viscous. I'm pretty thick skinned but I do have my limits.
NEXT!!

The following users liked this post:
Jag#4 (08-12-2013)
Old 08-12-2013, 08:26 AM
Veteran Member
Received 664 Likes on 572 Posts

Originally Posted by philhef
Ok, let me say one last thing on this "opinion" situation.
If I didn't want anyone's, I wouldn't post. That being said, is there really any reason to be aggressively negative? I've seen tons of threads about things I personally hated but I certainly didn't try to make myself feel superior by demoralizing the OP.
There's a post on the forum looking for younger Jaguar owners. The OP was tired of all the negative comments by older members that are stuck in their ways and resist change. He was tired of all the negative responses to his threads. Now he was in his early twenties but do we really want to run off younger members/jaguar owners?
The brand has suffered the "old man" stigma for years and now thanks to a new direction, it's starting to redeem its real heritage. Sporty, advanced, modern cars that every age driver drools over!!
I personally welcome any opinion, good or bad, as long as its delivered with a modicum of tact and respect. I actually left the XFForum in favor of this site because many of those guys were SO viscous. I'm pretty thick skinned but I do have my limits.
NEXT!!
Well said Phil.

philhef (08-12-2013)
Old 08-12-2013, 10:16 AM
Veteran Member
Received 539 Likes on 402 Posts

Ditto here--well said.

For my part I (1) tend to be more of a purist when it comes to cars--anything I tend to do or not do with the car always has an eye on what the reaction will be when it comes time to sell the car and (2) I really disdain anything that is "trend-of-the-moment" that becomes popular either because some celebrity did it or because it is so different it is judged to somehow be innovative (for example carbon fiber hoods, flat paint jobs, humongous wheels, leds all over the place, etc.)

Doug

Thermite (08-12-2013)
Old 08-12-2013, 10:53 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,366 Likes on 2,855 Posts

Same here. I know we won't be keeping the vehicle forever, so I always keep the resale factor in mind. An unmolested vehicle with my detailed service & parts records always sells faster, and for more money as well....

Old 08-12-2013, 10:59 AM
Veteran Member
Received 515 Likes on 333 Posts

I would agree if we were talking true collectors rare auto. Or even if mine had been in mint condition, but being in ruff condition, I decided to have fun with it.
I'm still looking for my Aston Martin and that will be a different story. Restoration not modification!!