XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) 1996 - 2006

LED Bulbs (boot/trunk)

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2015, 05:43 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default LED Bulbs (boot/trunk)

Hi All,

One of the bulbs was missing in my boot lights so I replaced them both with LEDs. They seem to work very well and be considerably brighter than the incandescents they replaced. Here is a link to the UK supplier I used.

Has anyone replaced any other interior or exterior bulbs with LEDs?

Old 02-21-2015, 09:08 AM
Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by SteveGrr
Hi All,

One of the bulbs was missing in my boot lights so I replaced them both with LEDs. They seem to work very well and be considerably brighter than the incandescents they replaced. Here is a link to the UK supplier I used.

Has anyone replaced any other interior or exterior bulbs with LEDs?
Hi Steve,

I replaced my parking light bulbs in the front with LEDs. A nice bright white light now.

PS I notice you're from Bedford too.

Old 02-21-2015, 12:29 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,397 Likes on 1,554 Posts

Originally Posted by B o B
Hi Steve,

I replaced my parking light bulbs in the front with LEDs. A nice bright white light now.

I used a pair of Chinese cheapies (40p each); I think they look kewl and the local Motor Traffic office wasn't fazed by them. Been in there a while now and no silly flashing or premature deaths.

Mike

Old 02-21-2015, 04:47 PM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I put a pair in for the front parking lights and they glow for a while after the car is turned off. Maybe switching to a different brand will cure the problem. Anyone else have this happen?

I also replaced the backup lights, license plate lamps and boot interior lamps without a problem. Anything else that wasn't a mini parking lamp seemed to cause error messages.

Old 02-21-2015, 05:36 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,397 Likes on 1,554 Posts

Originally Posted by Gary G
I put a pair in for the front parking lights and they glow for a while after the car is turned off. Maybe switching to a different brand will cure the problem. Anyone else have this happen?

I also replaced the backup lights, license plate lamps and boot interior lamps without a problem.

You'll also be OK with the side markers and fog lights. The afterglow is peculiar to the Jaguar as mine does the same; I have fitted similar bulbs to my other cars and they don't exhibit this behaviour.

Originally Posted by Gary G
Anything else that wasn't a mini parking lamp seemed to cause error messages.
That'll be the BMP, or Bulb Monitoring Police unit built into the car. Known colloquially as the SLCM (together with the LCM on older vehicles such as mine). Mucho $$$ in electronics that causes far more problems with spurious error messages than the bulbs under surveillance warrant...

Best,
Mike

Old 02-23-2015, 03:58 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by B o B
Hi Steve,

PS I notice you're from Bedford too.
Actually I live closer to Flitwick; Pulloxhill.

I was looking at replacement "wedge" bulbs for the parking lights and interior lights. There is a blue tinted (8000K) version that should be the same colour temperature as the Xenon headlights, but I think "Police Blue" version would cause some unwanted attention in the UK as I don't think it is legal for non-emergency vehicles to display blue lights (or is it just blue flashing ones?)