XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) 1996 - 2006

Lloyds mats colors for black carpet?

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2020, 10:16 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,442 Likes on 772 Posts
Default Lloyds mats colors for black carpet?

Has anyone with a black interior bought Lloyd’s carpet mats for their X100? What color did you choose and was it a close match? Also, did you choose the Ultimat or the Luxe mat?

I emailed them asking for color samples and gave them my address on the 23rd of July.. I received a reply from Chrissy on the 24th saying they would gladly mail me those color samples. I emailed them again on the 10th of August and have received no reply. I think they might have sent the samples and they are being held up somewhere in the USPS network. However, they never sent me a tracking number or anything.

I’ve been patient and have also had to watch the tracking for a Park Brake Microswitch I bought from eBay that same day which still hasn’t arrived. The USPS managed to screw up big time on that package. It departed Phoenix, Arizona, and then found itself at Barrigada, Guam, then made its way to Honolulu, Hawaii, and after about what, according to the tracking, has been a week of nonstop flight from the pacific ocean over the entire continental US, until it finally arrived at San Juan, PR on Monday. And despite being in the island, yesterday was when it arrived at my town’s post office, which is a 10 minute drive from San Juan. It’s been out for delivery all day and had somehow not yet been delivered, even though the mailman came by my house and dropped off mail and packages at my house, three times during the day.

Sorry for the mini rant, I blame trump and the Post Master General.

Or maybe they just forgot to mail the samples.

The following 3 users liked this post by giandanielxk8:
DavidYau (08-15-2020), radjag1 (08-20-2020), uclabrruin1989 (08-26-2021)
Old 08-16-2020, 12:13 AM
Received 76 Likes on 46 Posts

Don't know but have you checked out the DCR mats?

Old 08-16-2020, 12:34 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by jacobmstein
Don't know but have you checked out the DCR mats?

No, I have not. I didn't know Dave had mats available. Are they good?

Old 08-16-2020, 12:48 AM

Originally Posted by giandanielxk8
No, I have not. I didn't know Dave had mats available. Are they good?
I quite like them, you can order them here: https://www.xk8-parts.com/2016/01/ja...e-carpet-sets/. I ordered the colors I have because he suggested they'd go well with my interior and hide dirt, though that seems to only really be necessary in someplace like Scotland, I've shampooed mine once and they look great still.

Here is my original post: https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...ite-up-223238/

after a year of daily use

The following users liked this post:
giandanielxk8 (08-16-2020)
Old 08-16-2020, 08:11 AM
Veteran Member

I quite like them, you can order them here: https://www.xk8-parts.com/2016/01/ja...e-carpet-sets/. I ordered the colors I have because he suggested they'd go well with my interior and hide dirt, though that seems to only really be necessary in someplace like Scotland, I've shampooed mine once and they look great still.

Here is my original post: https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...ite-up-223238/

after a year of daily use

They look very nice. Are they thick and plush? What material are they? I was favoring the Luxe mat from Lloyd’s because I want a plush mat that I can sink my bare feet in.

Old 08-16-2020, 09:20 AM
Received 286 Likes on 183 Posts

I just went a decent amount of back and forth with Lloyds for mats for my xjs. I went with the ultimat and am happy with them, although it took over a month after I got my first set, which were wrong all together, to get a set that worked. And that was only after making my own templates and messaging via FB messenger because the guy I was talking to just kept not replying smh! They replied and gave me Chrissy's direct number. My templates had been there over a week when I called and Chrissy answered and said "oh yeah your package is here, we haven't opened it yet". Needless to say, they don't seem the best with " time period" type things. Smh

Old 08-16-2020, 11:02 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Timeisrelative
I just went a decent amount of back and forth with Lloyds for mats for my xjs. I went with the ultimat and am happy with them, although it took over a month after I got my first set, which were wrong all together, to get a set that worked. And that was only after making my own templates and messaging via FB messenger because the guy I was talking to just kept not replying smh! They replied and gave me Chrissy's direct number. My templates had been there over a week when I called and Chrissy answered and said "oh yeah your package is here, we haven't opened it yet". Needless to say, they don't seem the best with " time period" type things. Smh

Ahh, I see... Do you still have Chrissy's number? If you do, can you send it to me via PM?

Also, I believe that somewhere during the production of the XJS, the floor plan changed. It may be that they weren't aware of these changes and assumed all XJSs had the same floor plan and mat dimensions. What are your thoughts on your current Ultimats? Is the quality good? Are they thick and plush? Did the color match your interior?

Old 08-16-2020, 11:34 AM
Received 286 Likes on 183 Posts

The color was the only color that was anywhere near the shade and no it doesn't match the old, but it doesn't look bad either. It's definitely lighter, but I knew it would be. It is plush enough for me and I think the quality is good. Yes the mats changed a few times in the xjs's but they said they have several different designs for the different years and coupe vs convertible. The guy I was talking to, Gary, said they've sold numerous sets for my year and body, and why wasn't it a problem for the other people basically. I replied that their site states that the mats may not fit like factory and that other people have said about just living with them. I also stated that had there been a picture of the mats I would have known they would be wrong. They sent out my new mats about a week after I talked to Chrissy

giandanielxk8 (08-16-2020)
Old 08-16-2020, 12:59 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Timeisrelative
The color was the only color that was anywhere near the shade and no it doesn't match the old, but it doesn't look bad either. It's definitely lighter, but I knew it would be. It is plush enough for me and I think the quality is good. Yes the mats changed a few times in the xjs's but they said they have several different designs for the different years and coupe vs convertible. The guy I was talking to, Gary, said they've sold numerous sets for my year and body, and why wasn't it a problem for the other people basically. I replied that their site states that the mats may not fit like factory and that other people have said about just living with them. I also stated that had there been a picture of the mats I would have known they would be wrong. They sent out my new mats about a week after I talked to Chrissy

Thank you! Thank goodness the X100 doesn't have that problem. The only change was the number of hooks. Later cars have one, where earlier cars have two, but Lloyd's website does ask you about the car's mat retainer hooks.

Timeisrelative (08-16-2020)
Old 08-16-2020, 02:03 PM

Thank you! Thank goodness the X100 doesn't have that problem. The only change was the number of hooks. Later cars have one, where earlier cars have two, but Lloyd's website does ask you about the car's mat retainer hooks.
They're not insanely thick like the OEM sheepskin mats in my dad's STR he paid $600 for (!!!), but they're of nice quality. They're I guess a few steps above the carpet, definitely better than the OEM mats. I just really like the design. They seem more tailored to the car which stands out more in my opinion.

Old 08-16-2020, 05:54 PM
Veteran Member

They're not insanely thick like the OEM sheepskin mats in my dad's STR he paid $600 for (!!!), but they're of nice quality. They're I guess a few steps above the carpet, definitely better than the OEM mats. I just really like the design. They seem more tailored to the car which stands out more in my opinion.
I had the OEM mats on a black XK8 about 6 years ago. I was not impressed by those. They seemed to be velourtex; they were heavy and somewhat thick, but had no plush to them. Even then, they are better than the rubbermaid "rubber" mats that the previous owner put in on this car. They are ill fitting, thin and slippery. In my opinion they do not belong on a car of this caliber. The sheepskin mats my dad had in one of his Vanden Plas' were amazing. I loved them. Unfortunately, he claimed they trapped a lot of dust and it would give him allergies. He got rid of them.

Old 08-17-2020, 08:48 AM

I had the OEM mats on a black XK8 about 6 years ago. I was not impressed by those. They seemed to be velourtex; they were heavy and somewhat thick, but had no plush to them. Even then, they are better than the rubbermaid "rubber" mats that the previous owner put in on this car. They are ill fitting, thin and slippery. In my opinion they do not belong on a car of this caliber. The sheepskin mats my dad had in one of his Vanden Plas' were amazing. I loved them. Unfortunately, he claimed they trapped a lot of dust and it would give him allergies. He got rid of them.
I thought my dad was crazy for spending over $600 on floor mats but if I could find them for an XK8 I'd buy them instantly.

edit: hmm, I could send these people my originals as a template, and that's the price per 4, https://ultimatesheepskin.com/produc...RoCk7MQAvD_BwE

Last edited by jacobmstein; 08-17-2020 at 01:44 PM.