XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) 1996 - 2006
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lonely connector

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2015, 09:58 PM
Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Lonely connector

'04 US XK8, buttoning up after heater and radiator hose replacements. I did not completely remove the intake manifold - could not get the fuel line to disconnect, did not want to mess with a couple of the the "snap-on" connections to the throttle body (from my experience with vent hoses using similar connectors, they would literally snap off rather than disconnect). After removing the heat-shielded exhaust line to the throttle body (two bolts) I was able to raise the front of the manifold nearly a foot and (alternately) the rear maybe 4 to 6 inches - enough to get the job done. The lock tabs broke off every injector connector - I re-secured the connectors with cable ties. Tacky, but not nearly as tacky as Ford using such (may I use the word shitty?) plastic connector bodies that can't stand the heat. Anyway, serious digression - my post is about an extra connector on the passenger side that I cannot find a mate for - gray body, yellow insert, 2 female sockets. The pigtail only gives it about a 4 inch connection radius, and there's nothing in that 8 " sphere to connect it to (that I can see). There's also an obviously capped-off connector in the vicinity - it has a mating connector that terminates in a couple of green stubs. The bare female connector certainly worries me though - it's clean inside, which implies that it's been connected to something. But I sure don't see anything to connect it to.

Old 05-19-2020, 06:19 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,443 Likes on 1,838 Posts

in my experience with the idling revving up and down without any throttle help, has always been an air leak wherever there is an "accordion" hose after the air filter housing, and specifically at the 90 degree aluminum elbow where it connects to the intake butterfly. This is assuming a Series 3.