XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) 1996 - 2006

looking for some electrical help

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2008, 03:29 PM
Received 26 Likes on 11 Posts
Default looking for some electrical help

in the process of running diagnostics to find out why my car was running rich. Which it wasa dirty MAF sensor. Thank you guys for suggesting to clean it!
i found a list of diagnostic scp codes. take a look

Driver's Door Module

B2336 Mirror Switch Assembly - Circuit Failure

B1234 Mirror Switch Invalid Code

B2322 Driver's Mirror Horizontal Feedback Potentiometer High

Driver's Seat Module

B1957 Seat Front Feedback Potentiometer Low

B1961 Seat Backrest Recline Feedback Potentiometer Low

B1965 Seat Fore/Aft Feedback Potentiometer Low

Passenger's Door Module

B2322 Driver's Mirror Horizontal Feedback Potentiometer High

B2323 Local Mirror Drive, Left/Right Out Of Range Low

B2327 Driver's Mirror Vertical Feedback Potentiometer Low

Passenger's Seat Module

U1135 SCP (J1850) Invalid Or Missing Data For Ignition Switch / Starter

B1984 Unknown Trouble Code Description

B1721 Seat Switch, Seat Aft

B1717 Seat Switch, Seat Forward

B1701 Seat Switch, Backrest Pivot Forward

Security Locking Module

U1135 SCP (J1850) Invalid Or Missing Data For Ignition Switch / Starter

U1041 SCP (J1850) Invalid Or Missing Data For Vehicle Speed

Kinda scary. Any one have any ideas were to start. And please don't tell me to take it to the dealer. The local dealer is a bunch of stuck up snobs who want to rape my wallet to get it fixed. any ideas would be appreciated. The funny thing is every thing works in the car. I still have the airbag light on with no comunication to the module. Annoying.

Old 12-13-2008, 09:23 PM
Received 2,192 Likes on 1,358 Posts
Default RE: looking for some electrical help

well you can forget about everyone of those codes....as for your airbag light and no communication, check for fuse for the srs module in the drives dash fuse box

Old 12-13-2008, 11:01 PM
Received 71 Likes on 57 Posts

Greetings,

What type of scanner/ software did you use to retrieve these codes? A couple of years ago I was researching AutoEnginuity, and read user comments that reported a host of false codes. Never found any info to say the software had been corrected.

One other possible idea: that list might be a case where someone had the seats disconnected during some sort of repair operation, and turned the ignition on.

Old 12-15-2008, 02:43 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm interested in what you use to diagnose as well. I've had a central locking issue for a few weeks (unlock-lock-unlock-lock-unlock-lock-unlock) followed by complete failure.

My local mechanic charged me £140 to replace a door relay and it's back to the same . If possible , I'd like to start giving him pointers for the work that I can't do myself.

Sananbhoy

Old 12-15-2008, 06:39 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,111 Likes on 932 Posts

I pulled up much the same list of codes with the AutoEnginuity scan tool on my 2000MY XK8 but was unable to reset them. Everything seemed to work so I forgot about them rather than spend $100+ at the dealer just to have them reset. Never got a MIL from them.

Old 12-21-2008, 01:21 AM
Received 26 Likes on 11 Posts

sorry guys for not responding sooner, i have been away for a while.

Yes i am using the AutoEnginuity scanner.
with good results so far. it allows me to scan almost every system in the car. its interesting with the airbag light, if i go and unplug both of the front airbag sensors i can get the control module to give me the 5 beeps every few seconds. so i know its working.

does any one know how to use the airbag interrogator? what tools are required?
if i am not mistaken this will allow me to diagnose issues right from the controller and not threw the OBD-II port.

And i also checked the Fuse, it is good. Thank you for suggesting that.

Old 08-03-2013, 05:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got somthing simular on my 98 xk8. It blows my airbag fuse as soon as i stick it in.
And airbag module beeps, airbag light stays on. It happend after i took apart whole dash board to change expansion valve. Now i am trying to find out what is it that blows my fuse. Wires all look fine i wonder if module can cause anything like that.

Old 08-03-2013, 05:36 PM
GGG
Received 16,861 Likes on 12,186 Posts

Welcome to the forum Timsjag,

This thread is over four years old and therefore not necessarily the best way to get help with your Airbag light issue. Starting a new thread in this (XK8/XKR) section describing exactly what you dismantled and also any diagnostic codes is likely to get a better response.

When you get a minute, please follow this link New Member Area - Intro a MUST - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum to the New Member Area - Intro a MUST section and post some info about yourself and your vehicle for all members to see. In return you'll get a proper welcome and some useful advice about posting to the forum.

Graham

Old 08-03-2013, 06:09 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,988 Likes on 2,125 Posts

Originally Posted by Timsjag
I got somthing simular on my 98 xk8. It blows my airbag fuse as soon as i stick it in.
And airbag module beeps, airbag light stays on. It happend after i took apart whole dash board to change expansion valve. Now i am trying to find out what is it that blows my fuse. Wires all look fine i wonder if module can cause anything like that.
The SRS (airbag) ECU contains an electronic solid state switch that is activated by the computer as a failsafe to intentionally blow the fuse and disarm the system if it detects a fault that it deems serious enough to cause spurious airbag deployment.

There is a warning in the service instructions NOT to replace the fuse until a full diagnostic of the system can be performed. For safety sake, you should not replace the fuse and get the airbag system professionally evaluated with a diagnostic system.