XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) 1996 - 2006
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lubrilon

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2019, 01:28 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by michaelh
If I was producing something that returned the results being claimed I'd be putting the full studies on my website rather than inviting folks to request one.
Mike
You can find the tests on the Xcelplus website.

:-)

Old 04-29-2019, 04:10 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,380 Likes on 1,544 Posts

Originally Posted by Slick1
You can find the tests on the Xcelplus website.

:-)
Maybe Lubrilon updated their website since 2015...

Old 04-30-2019, 01:13 PM
Received 157 Likes on 105 Posts

While we're on the topic of oil additives, I just bought a bottle of Rislone oil additive for older engines with compression issues...After avoiding a compression test, as if it were a colonoscopy, I found one cylinder to be low. (By the way, please have a colonoscopy if you have family issues with colon problems. It's a good idea.)

I do plan to have a leak down test on the cylinder and have repairs made at some point, but am now looking for a quick fix / hail Mary / faith healing approach to the problem.

Being a huge fan of the Indy 500 and Indy 500 history (and also because I didn't want to gunk up my radiator with head gasket repair liquids, though this may be a better quick fix) I chose a bottle of Rislone. Rislone, as you may well know, was a sponsor of the 1968 Indy 500 winning turbocharged Offenhauser driven by Bobby Unser. The car was in fact, the first turbocharged Offenhauser powered car to win the 500, a trend that continued through the 1970s.

However, in recalling my Indy 500 history, I realized that I overlooked the oil additive called zMax. In the late 1930s, a Chicago racing engine builder named Joe Lencki befriended Enrico Fermi, the fellow who built the first nuclear reactor (in a handball court beneath the football field at the University of Chicago). Safety first ! Anyway Lencki, with Fermi's help, so the story goes, developed something they called a "Speedway Cocktail" oil treatment. The cocktail has since been marketed as zMax. By the way. Lencki was also hired to tune up the engines on the B29 bombers in WWII, which, like our Jaguars, were a bit finicky. True story.

Anyway, my only worry with pouring Rislone or zMax into my oil, is that it might have a bad effect on the Nikasil cylinder walls. Is there any information on oil additives and Nikasil? Has anyone tried either Rislone or zMax ?

Finally, if you have gotten this far, thank you for letting me bloviate about the Indy 500. It's my favorite topic this time of year.

The following users liked this post:
bcprice36 (04-30-2019)