XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) 1996 - 2006

Mini Me of my (sold) XKR

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2015, 07:08 PM
Received 78 Likes on 58 Posts
Default Mini Me of my (sold) XKR

So about 3 years ago I sold my 2000 triple Black XKR convert, which I still miss. I had purchased the 1/18 scale diecast version probably 5 years ago with the intent to repaint it to match my car. The diecast only came in Red when I bought it.

I also used to own a company called Custom Diecast Replicas which created diecast versions of peoples real cars. This being said it should have been a simple slam dunk to do the toy version but ahhh not so.

When I had that business I was so busy my project got put on the shelf.... then I sold the company and moved on to other things and it sat. Mind you it was completely dis assembled but just sitting in a bin waiting.

Well last week I finally painted and assembled it and now have this long waited diecast version to display on my deck. Its not perfect but then again I didn't do it for a customer so I can live with it.

Anyway, just wanted to share, some of you might remember me from back then but I now have a 06 XJR so I tent to spend my time on that sub forum.

Thanks for the read !

Attached Thumbnails Mini Me of my (sold) XKR-jag-smaller1.jpg   Mini Me of my (sold) XKR-jag-smaller-2.jpg  

Last edited by John Fox; 10-31-2015 at 07:10 PM. Reason: need to include pictures
The following 3 users liked this post by John Fox:
cjd777 (11-01-2015), GGG (11-01-2015), sklimii (11-01-2015)
Old 11-01-2015, 04:30 AM
Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

John - Some nice detail on your model! The wheels look incredible! Too bad you're out of the die cast business, as I was always on the look out for a triple black convertible diecast model. (I ran across several black coupe models, but no 'verts!)

I too, owned a Triple Black 2000 XKR convertible. I sold it in June of 2014, because I had hip problems. It was getting tough to get in and out of the car. I replaced it with an '05 Super V8, which is a bitchin' Jag...but the XKR was really special to me. I had spent a lot of time (and money) getting it well sorted and it drove like a dream!

I had a couple of hip surgeries this year, including a total hip replacement and now that my mobility is coming back, I find myself pining for another XKR. Even though the car in your pics is a toy model, it brings back memories of the good times I had driving and just looking at my XKR. Thanks for sharing, John.

Oh, In case anyone is wondering...yes, my wife has caught me looking at the classifieds for another! Her words to me were, "Get what you want, but you can't have two!".

Cheers!
Jon

Old 11-01-2015, 06:40 AM
GGG
Received 16,861 Likes on 12,186 Posts

At last - an XK8 with no tensioner worries.

Graham

The following users liked this post:
Jag#4 (11-04-2015)
Old 11-01-2015, 09:57 AM
Veteran Member
Received 234 Likes on 162 Posts

John....First off, it is a beautifully detailed model........My main worry with you, is that you may need to find a hobby, after hearing your tale about how you came to do the model.

Maybe something like driving a white nondescript van picking up children, and underage girls. I have found that occasionally stalking women controls my urges to create memories out of pot metal cars, and a can of Testors paint. Once I even had a rather snooty neighbor(he moved) dig his own grave, and let him out just for snicks. Life is for driving, and not smelling enamel paint.......Love the car.....Mike....I think I just fell face first into my cereal bowl......Sprayed 2 cars last night, so I am kinda fried.

Last edited by mrplow58; 11-01-2015 at 05:13 PM.
Old 11-01-2015, 05:14 PM
Received 78 Likes on 58 Posts

LOL Mike.... thankfully I have to stay in my office/shop each day and I DONT spend my weekends playing with these toys. Given I have a beautiful wife I would be a fool too, LOL. Back when it was an actual full time business it didn't matter but then I also didn't have my lovely wife then either, LMAO.

The following users liked this post:
mrplow58 (11-01-2015)
Old 11-01-2015, 08:05 PM
Veteran Member
Received 162 Likes on 134 Posts

I can remember paying good money to get that fried......

Old 11-01-2015, 09:16 PM
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Love the models. Excellent work!

Old 11-01-2015, 09:27 PM
Veteran Member
Received 234 Likes on 162 Posts

You crack me up Max, and John.... Max, for what this guy paid for my last glass chip paint job(no more glass chip left, and it's illegal now) I think we could go out and get pretty done in. Let's wait for my lungs and nose to stop bleeding first. I know I'm kinda killing myself, but this car is art. Besides.....It's my LAST one!! John....you are invited too.....not to sound like a pig, but bring your wife......be cool....Mike