XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) 1996 - 2006

My Cat got keyed at work!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2011, 10:10 PM
Received 146 Likes on 81 Posts

woopieeeee, nail her hard, and not the fun kind of nailing her. Also, if she has kids show the kids the footage or at least tell them, it is great to humiliate someone in front of the people they have been spending a life telling to do the right thing.

Old 07-07-2011, 04:00 AM
Veteran Member
Received 640 Likes on 442 Posts

Originally Posted by K.Westra
Would you believe it was a 50+ year old woman? That is all I can say right now.

Unbelieveable what a b...c

Old 07-07-2011, 06:37 AM
Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

Hope her job was a really good one, well paid. Do you know or suspect why she did it? May she had a crush on you and felt ignored?

Old 07-07-2011, 08:38 AM
Received 43 Likes on 35 Posts
Old 07-07-2011, 05:57 PM
Miami XKR
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I had someone key my car not too long ago as well.
The thing I was the most upset about is that I no longer have the original paint on that side of the car...

Old 07-08-2011, 01:50 AM
Veteran Member
Received 580 Likes on 477 Posts

Truely amazing...... Must be a jealousy thing, how a young guy could afford such a car.....

Good for you K

Old 07-08-2011, 06:25 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I hope she has everything she treasures keyed!

I have had it done to me once, and that was jealousy, gutted when it happened so I am glad she's been caught. Get her to pay for a total respray.

Old 07-15-2011, 12:49 PM
Veteran Member
Received 305 Likes on 217 Posts

The car goes in for paint on Monday I can't add much about the criminal case as it's pretty slow for various reasons. I'm hoping I'll be able to add more soon. The woman responsible has been spotted a few times meeting with my supervisor, so I'm not sure what that means. Maybe she is begging for her job back, but they can't possibly be stupid enough to open a Pandora's box and re-hire her, can they? I still haven't seen a video, but the police probably have it by now (they had a subpoena, and if that wasn't good enough they said they would get a search warrant). So now I just wait until they tell me more, or if/when we are going to trial. The nice thing is, the car will be done next week so I'll know exactly what money value I need to get for restitution. I'll keep you updated on the car's progress next week and the case progress when I can.

Old 07-15-2011, 01:37 PM
Veteran Member
Received 543 Likes on 404 Posts

Don't forget the pain and suffering part when it comes to the restitution. You can also throw in things like loss of consortium

Doug

Old 07-16-2011, 06:14 PM
Veteran Member
Received 200 Likes on 176 Posts

Keith
The wheels of justice turn slow. You won't get any pain and suffering. You may get restitution, but I wouldn't hold my breath. If your insurance is fixing it they'll get the restitution and pay you your deductible.
I had a neighbor at my business steal my camera's one night about six years ago. He looked right in them and said let's go get them. Then he proceeded to put a ladder on the building climbed up on the roof and cut the cameras off. All the time he was on the cameras being recorded and downloaded onto the internet. While he was up there on his belly his keys fell out, on to the roof. The next day the police went up to the roof and found the keys, came down pressed the trunk release and his trunk lid popped open. The cops thought it was hilarious and it should be entered on one of the stupid criminals show. It took nine months, seven hearings, with a bench trial. He was found guilty and had to pay restitution. We valued the two cameras at $300.00 he posted $500.00 bond, He got three years, he had a previous record. The state took the bond paid me $170.00 the rest for court cost, filing, and other assorted fees. I figured I would never see the remaining money. About a month ago I got a check for $130.00 for restitution, he got in more trouble and they took more money out of the new bond and paid me six years later. The thought of this clown having to pay made my day.
Good Luck

Old 07-18-2011, 07:52 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,989 Likes on 2,125 Posts

Originally Posted by K.Westra
The car goes in for paint on Monday I can't add much about the criminal case as it's pretty slow for various reasons. I'm hoping I'll be able to add more soon. The woman responsible has been spotted a few times meeting with my supervisor, so I'm not sure what that means. Maybe she is begging for her job back, but they can't possibly be stupid enough to open a Pandora's box and re-hire her, can they? I still haven't seen a video, but the police probably have it by now (they had a subpoena, and if that wasn't good enough they said they would get a search warrant). So now I just wait until they tell me more, or if/when we are going to trial. The nice thing is, the car will be done next week so I'll know exactly what money value I need to get for restitution. I'll keep you updated on the car's progress next week and the case progress when I can.

Are they going to touch up or repaint entire panels? If they are repainting enitre panels, you should verify that they are going to blend the paint with adjacent panels, otherwise there may be noticeable color differences.

A good body shop will always do this, but I have run into some that do not.

Old 07-18-2011, 08:00 AM
Veteran Member
Received 305 Likes on 217 Posts

Originally Posted by WhiteXKR
Are they going to touch up or repaint entire panels? If they are repainting enitre panels, you should verify that they are going to blend the paint with adjacent panels, otherwise there may be noticeable color differences.

A good body shop will always do this, but I have run into some that do not.
They are going to blend it. If I don't like the results, the insurance will pay to respray the whole car.

Old 07-18-2011, 08:01 AM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Stupidest Crimes

Did they ever post that on the "Stupidest Crimes" show on TV???

Originally Posted by RCSign
Keith
The wheels of justice turn slow. You won't get any pain and suffering. You may get restitution, but I wouldn't hold my breath. If your insurance is fixing it they'll get the restitution and pay you your deductible.
I had a neighbor at my business steal my camera's one night about six years ago. He looked right in them and said let's go get them. Then he proceeded to put a ladder on the building climbed up on the roof and cut the cameras off. All the time he was on the cameras being recorded and downloaded onto the internet. While he was up there on his belly his keys fell out, on to the roof. The next day the police went up to the roof and found the keys, came down pressed the trunk release and his trunk lid popped open. The cops thought it was hilarious and it should be entered on one of the stupid criminals show. It took nine months, seven hearings, with a bench trial. He was found guilty and had to pay restitution. We valued the two cameras at $300.00 he posted $500.00 bond, He got three years, he had a previous record. The state took the bond paid me $170.00 the rest for court cost, filing, and other assorted fees. I figured I would never see the remaining money. About a month ago I got a check for $130.00 for restitution, he got in more trouble and they took more money out of the new bond and paid me six years later. The thought of this clown having to pay made my day.
Good Luck

Old 07-18-2011, 12:32 PM
Veteran Member
Received 200 Likes on 176 Posts

No
Never got posted, I still haven't got the hard drive back from the evidence locker. Probably never will

Old 07-18-2011, 01:01 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,231 Likes on 716 Posts

Just spotted this thread, best of luck with the paint job.

Although I am slightly surprised that the woman has been immediately fired before being found guilty of anything. Suspended yes, pending investigation into all the circumstances.

At 50+, if she had a decent job, she will never work again after being fired in today's climate. (that's a life sentence).

Anyhow, don't forget the 'after paint' pictures.

Old 07-18-2011, 01:47 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I am so glad that you found out who did it and are moving forward with resolution. Still a waste of your time, but good that it is getting resolved.

Unfortunately too many of us have found ourselves in the same or similar situation, but were never able to catch the person.

Several years ago, my wife was walking up to our parked S Type R as a "healthy" woman was trying to get out of her POS transportation... and WHAM, slung her door right into the back passenger fender. My wife confronted the lady and she denied it even happened (as if my wife did not see and hear it). My wife did not know what to do at that point, and it was too late my the time I found out about it.

On another occasion I was walking up to my Range Rover in a parking lot, an older lady flung her driver door into my passenger front door. I was standing behind both cars watching as it happened. It left about a 2"x2" scrape in the clear coat. The lady denied that she even touched my car, so I insisted that she open her door to show her that is was a perfect match to the injury. I told her that I needed her insurance information and that if I was able to buff it out, there would be no issue. She refused to give up the insurance info so I called the cops. All while waiting for the cops, she is raising hell with me about how I was mean, calling me names, and that I was mistreating her because she was old. She went as far as to say that I was trying to take away her driver license by calling the cops. When the cop arrived, she told him that she had tried to give me her insurance info, but that I refused to accept it. She was totally playing up how she was old and I was a mean person. The lady was crazy. At the end of it all I was able to buff it out. Her insurance company called me to follow up & I told them that she should not even be driving due to her being mental.

I make it a point to valet park (insisting with cash that it be kept up front) or walk as far as is necessary to mitigate the A..hole factor when parking.

I think this excerpt from Pulp Fiction sums it up best. (This is rated R due to language used, you have been advised).
‪Pulp Fiction - Don't **** with another man's vehicle‬‏ - YouTube

Old 07-18-2011, 03:47 PM
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Old 07-18-2011, 04:25 PM
Veteran Member
Received 543 Likes on 404 Posts

The inadvertent door ding thing really peeves me. Back in the "old" days where cars were bigger and also not as big a chunk of someone's income as they are today, I guess the occasional door hit from an adjacent car was less avoidable. However, cars today are more expensive and my impression is that most people care for them better, including in terms of their appearance. I am a bit of an observer of human behavior and whenever I am in a parking lot I look to see how careful people are when they get in or out of their vehicle. I must admit that most take the time to make sure they are not hitting the car next to them. But occasionally I see someone (sorry but I have to say it is usual a girl or woman) just carelessly swing the door open without a moment's thought. If there are kiddies in the picture--watch out!

Doug

Old 07-18-2011, 05:47 PM
Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts

I think I mentioned this once before. The area I live in has a high percentage of SUV's. Without fail I see the under 40 females unlatch the door and kick it open with their foot. When I have to go to the local Malls I make sure I park as far away from the door as possible but still insight of the security cameras. The young chippies don't want to walk that far and it's a little exercise for me. Jack

Old 07-19-2011, 07:43 AM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Parking

Funny story too, my wife who's driving a 2010 Camaro I got for her, and done up with a lot of performaance and cosmetic stuff, parks far, far away from other cars in public parking lots and Malls, she's the person who parks the one car away from everybody and the car thats alone by itself in the parking lot. Well it has been done almost every time, that someone else will come and park right up Close to the car, even though there is 100 other parking places there. Did Anyone here ever see that "Benny Hill" comedy skit? where he runs into the ONE and ONLY car parked on that roof? Same senario as this. LOL.

Originally Posted by Chiapet
I am so glad that you found out who did it and are moving forward with resolution. Still a waste of your time, but good that it is getting resolved.

Unfortunately too many of us have found ourselves in the same or similar situation, but were never able to catch the person.

Several years ago, my wife was walking up to our parked S Type R as a "healthy" woman was trying to get out of her POS transportation... and WHAM, slung her door right into the back passenger fender. My wife confronted the lady and she denied it even happened (as if my wife did not see and hear it). My wife did not know what to do at that point, and it was too late my the time I found out about it.

On another occasion I was walking up to my Range Rover in a parking lot, an older lady flung her driver door into my passenger front door. I was standing behind both cars watching as it happened. It left about a 2"x2" scrape in the clear coat. The lady denied that she even touched my car, so I insisted that she open her door to show her that is was a perfect match to the injury. I told her that I needed her insurance information and that if I was able to buff it out, there would be no issue. She refused to give up the insurance info so I called the cops. All while waiting for the cops, she is raising hell with me about how I was mean, calling me names, and that I was mistreating her because she was old. She went as far as to say that I was trying to take away her driver license by calling the cops. When the cop arrived, she told him that she had tried to give me her insurance info, but that I refused to accept it. She was totally playing up how she was old and I was a mean person. The lady was crazy. At the end of it all I was able to buff it out. Her insurance company called me to follow up & I told them that she should not even be driving due to her being mental.

I make it a point to valet park (insisting with cash that it be kept up front) or walk as far as is necessary to mitigate the A..hole factor when parking.

I think this excerpt from Pulp Fiction sums it up best. (This is rated R due to language used, you have been advised).
‪Pulp Fiction - Don't **** with another man's vehicle‬‏ - YouTube

Quick Reply: My Cat got keyed at work!!!