2006 XKR
one owner
13k miles

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2006-jaguar-xkr-4/

wj

Old 03-01-2022, 11:04 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,400 Likes on 1,556 Posts

It does indeed look lovely, although I suspect it may go for rather more than it is worth.

The 70 Barracuda would definitely be on my shopping list.

The following 2 users liked this post by michaelh:
Don B (03-09-2022), ozbot (03-01-2022)
Old 03-01-2022, 12:04 PM
Veteran Member
Received 540 Likes on 403 Posts

Very nice looking ride. I wonder what it will end up going for?

Old 03-02-2022, 11:53 AM
Veteran Member
Received 918 Likes on 654 Posts

Wow!

That 13,000 Miles looks great, along with the Recaro Seats! This will be a good deal for someone that wants a NEW 2005 XKR that's 17 years old.....Wish I could work a deal on a trade-in! 13,000 Miles is like new in the XKR....Just getting ready to start running!

Billy Clyde @ Cinco Ranch

The following 2 users liked this post by bcprice36:
dfbender (03-03-2022), Don B (03-09-2022)
Old 03-02-2022, 12:02 PM
Received 89 Likes on 69 Posts

Amazingly a local mechanic I use who operates from a farm barn has a convertible XK8 (maybe R) that has a similar mileage on it. It's not in such good condition and I tentatively enquired about buying although I knew it would be too rich for me. He doesn't own it and says the owner's plan was to have him fettle it and then the owner drive it to Portugal so that it wasn't up for sale. It's been there for 8 months now. I hopefully see him this week, I'll ask what the stumbling block is.

He did say my rather more used XK8 was in better condition in some ways as it actually gets used.

Old 03-08-2022, 05:33 PM
Veteran Member
Received 739 Likes on 369 Posts

Sold for 32k...I feel that was a good buy!
wj

Old 03-08-2022, 07:58 PM
Veteran Member

I agree with WJ! $32,000.00 for the miles left in it is a good deal!

Billy Clyde

Old 03-09-2022, 01:56 PM
Received 13,255 Likes on 6,562 Posts

That's a beautiful car and I'm very happy to see it sell for a strong price. The car will still probably need some work - suspension rubber for example.

Has anyone else noticed that X100s/X105s seem to be gaining more respect in the used car market?

Cheers,

Don

Old 03-09-2022, 05:47 PM
Veteran Member

Does anyone know who finally wound up with the Beauty? I missed the $32,000.00 Bid....

Old 03-09-2022, 11:05 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,122 Likes on 704 Posts

I was seriously tempted since this wasn't too far away, but my experience with BAT and similar online auctions has so far been very frustrating. I always inspect in person or get somebody to check it out in person, find several thousand dollars worth of undisclosed repairs needed and then either I don't bid at all or I am way outbid as others apparently assume that the car is perfect. I won a 68 Mustang on Ebaymotors many years ago but that was before these online classic car auctions got so hot. I have not had any luck with online auctions since. Seems there's always an astronomical premium for extreme low mileage cars on BAT and so I expected this XKR to go for way more than it did. Now I'm kind of kicking myself for not going to see it. Somebody may have actually gotten a good deal. Oh, well, I'm headed off tomorrow to check out something else from my very long wish list that's offered for sale the old-fashioned way.

Old 03-11-2022, 09:43 PM
Received 107 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by pdupler
I was seriously tempted since this wasn't too far away, but my experience with BAT and similar online auctions has so far been very frustrating. I always inspect in person or get somebody to check it out in person, find several thousand dollars worth of undisclosed repairs needed and then either I don't bid at all or I am way outbid as others apparently assume that the car is perfect. I won a 68 Mustang on Ebaymotors many years ago but that was before these online classic car auctions got so hot. I have not had any luck with online auctions since. Seems there's always an astronomical premium for extreme low mileage cars on BAT and so I expected this XKR to go for way more than it did. Now I'm kind of kicking myself for not going to see it. Somebody may have actually gotten a good deal. Oh, well, I'm headed off tomorrow to check out something else from my very long wish list that's offered for sale the old-fashioned way.
I too was tempted at first but figured I'd wait until near the end, to see where it went, and as expected others wanted it a lot more than I did. I'd love to replace my XK8 with one that fresh but I don't need all the bells and whistles that one had. I'm afraid too that I'd play hell getting in and out with those wing-sided Recaro seats. I find it challenging enough with the stock seats!

Must resist that stunning BRG XK-150S 3.8-liter!...

Granville

Old 03-12-2022, 10:54 AM
Veteran Member

Granville,

It's good to know that I'm not the only one with exit problems! The older I get the harder it is to get out of the Jag! I could use the Door more but I'm afraid my weight (200 lbs.) will pull the Door out of alignment. So, I make myself use the Door Jam....but I'm afraid to pull too hard for fear of pulling the Seat Belt Equipment off the Door Jam....What if anything do you do for this little assist? Does anyone have any suggestions?

Old 03-12-2022, 10:56 AM
Received 187 Likes on 136 Posts

Originally Posted by bcprice36
Granville,

It's good to know that I'm not the only one with exit problems! The older I get the harder it is to get out of the Jag! I could use the Door more but I'm afraid my weight (200 lbs.) will pull the Door out of alignment. So, I make myself use the Door Jam....but I'm afraid to pull too hard for fear of pulling the Seat Belt Equipment off the Door Jam....What if anything do you do for this little assist? Does anyone have any suggestions?

This may sound a little rude but perhaps loosing weight is the best advice. I get in and out of my XKR with no problem.

Old 03-12-2022, 12:56 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,686 Likes on 1,001 Posts

Granville,

how about a cane ?

Old 03-12-2022, 01:58 PM
Veteran Member

Kuddlesworth & Zray,

Hey! Thanks a lot, Guys...I'm 6 ft. Tall and weight 200 lbs. never been told that I needed to lose weight and I have a Cane! What else do you have for me?

Billy Clyde

Old 03-12-2022, 02:18 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,686 Likes on 1,001 Posts

Kuddlesworth & Zray,

Hey! Thanks a lot, Guys...I'm 6 ft. Tall and weight 200 lbs. never been told that I needed to lose weight and I have a Cane! What else do you have for me?

Billy Clyde
Not much.

I’m with you in spirit if not in weight. I’m getting older faster than my car is.. Am losing strength and muscle mass, heart and lungs are crapping out too. Driving is about the only thing I can do that makes me feel young again. Oh yeah, did I mention my back was broken in 3 places and the surgeries / operations were a joke.

Still, I’m not getting shelled by the Russians, so I’m “Oh, what a lucky man.” (Emerson, Lake, & Palmer).

Z

Old 03-12-2022, 08:26 PM
Received 107 Likes on 81 Posts

Good grief! I too find getting in and out a bit of a chore, especially getting in. I have shrunk a couple inches in old age for my original 6'2" but I don't think that made my legs any shorter.

I have no problems getting in and out of my Land Rover and my 4x4 pickup but low slung cars such as my XK8 and my wife's Mercury Mystique are a bit challenging. I enter butt first, then swing my feet in. That works okay as long as I can open my door all the way but when I can't, due to a tight parking spot, getting my size 14 feet in can be tough.

I think at 200 lbs Billy Clyde you sound fairly svelte. I outweigh you by some 20 lbs. I think our advanced years are more the issue than our weight. I was a damned sight more flexible in my youth and had no trouble getting in and out of sportscars then. Even lower, smaller ones.

Old 03-12-2022, 08:46 PM
Veteran Member

Oh! Z and Kuddles!
I no longer weigh 200lbs.!. I've dropped off to 192lbs. and it's still hard to get out of the XKR! It just sets so low that I can't rotate quite far enough and need a little boost to make it all the way up! I guess getting in and getting out will be my exercise program for the rest of the year!. Z, I'm sorry about your Back but let's not get started with "I had this", or "I've had that", as I'm 85 now and I've been there and I've already done that!!
I'll just continue to reach up and grab the Door Post, as that works pretty well!

Good Luck to you "Old Geezers"!

The following users liked this post:
zray (03-12-2022)
Old 03-13-2022, 05:50 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,386 Likes on 2,865 Posts

Hire a 10-year-old kid to ride shotgun with you. That way, he will always be there to help pull you out of your drivers seat. The downside will be having to keep him under your wing whenever you are out and about away from home....

Old 03-14-2022, 07:15 AM
Veteran Member
Received 925 Likes on 456 Posts

I agree that the door seems like a bad bet for full weight down.

Not clear how you're using the seat belt equipment here, but the seat belt itself will hold more than a couple of you. If you're pulling on the belt or pushing on the mount, yank away. We're the same height, and I have about two stone on you in weight. I swing my legs out hitting as many stalks and switches on the dash as I can, then push back and down on the seat (which will also hold more than a couple of you except for the brittle plasticy lever escutcheon).

Oh, then there's the grunting, obviously, to provide metaphysical levitation. I find the "old man grunt" to be essential.

Quick Reply: My dream car is on BAT