XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) 1996 - 2006
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Navigation Audio doesn't work.

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2014, 02:18 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Red1bw
Jaguar wipe disc fixed the problem - most Jaguar dealers should have this. Took about 60 seconds, then the Navigation Display (when turned on) read "X100." At this point I inserted my DVD with the map data (the newest 2003/2004 era one) and it loaded up in about 90 seconds. All worked fine, and my Jaguar talked to me on its own for the first time - of course I had to reload all my addresses and preferences / settings.

Now this wipe disc was for XK's and XJ's. So building on what waterboy said earlier, and other posts on other threads, and my experience, it appears that this disc will know the difference between the navigation system being in an XK or an XJ, and load appropriate software / firmware. This makes sense because while the Navigation system is the same part number for both vehicles it's firmware is clearly different, and this disc is needed to switch the navigation from an XK to an XJ or vice versa. Also, the connecting hardware is different on XK's and XJ's and my navigation system showed X100 on the screen - something that I doubt would be displayed on the XJ's screen.

Question: In the electrical diagram in JTIS, 2003 and up, it shows a TV system (for I believe the Japan market along with VICS - their broadcast traffic system). There is a TV module with 4 antennas. It appears that this is most likely an Alpine component that works with Ai-net on our XKs. I've also seen sold, separate Alpine units in the US, with four antenna's and Ai-net connections. While I understand the Japanese over-the-air broadcast is probably different from the US, and that these US Alpine systems (that may not even work with Jaguar) are for the older US analog waves which are not longer broadcast (and whose spectrum has already been auctioned off); would these systems work on our Jaguars? If only all they do is allow seamless switching from GPS to another video input in a very simple plug and play method (since we don't have VICS or a Japanese broadcast or an analog US broadcast anymore). If anyone has any knowledge on this matter, please share. I would think this could be the easiest way to feed a video signal to the navigation system in the most stock-like way possible, and the module would probably fit nicely in the car as well. Thanks.

I have one of the VICS systems in the trunk. As it is all in Japanese I have been struggling to figure it out. If you know where the users guide is that would be great as I can't find one and the car did not come with it. I have tried all of the settings and menu options in the device (mapped then out) to no avail.

Good work with your navy btw.