XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) 1996 - 2006

Need to install bluetooth cell phone in XK8

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2011, 02:36 PM
Received 151 Likes on 106 Posts

Ron, you have the same connector as testpoint. The connector is a 14 pin yellow 070 type located below center console.

Your connections should be
+12 v bat pin 4 brown with red stripe wire
+12v ign pin 5 green wire,
mute pin 6 blue wire,
audio + pin 7 blue wire,
audio - pin 8 blue with yellow stripe wire,
mic+ pin 1 white wire,
mic-, pin 3 green wire, and
mic sheath pin 2, braided

Old 02-07-2011, 07:21 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Couldn't find the adapter for the '99-Mar'02 XK8. Apparently a different connector than the Apr'02-Aug'06 connector, which is the SOT-126 20-pin connector WhiteXKR was talking about. From everything I can tell, you need the connector in the glovebox for the unit interface to the head unit (access to speakers & mute), and the connector in the overhead maplight console for the microphone. See Jim Roal's X308 installation instruction. Haven't been able to find anything that interfaces to the steering control and head unit phone buttons. Apparently that has somethng to do with the ACP network and knowing the proprietary signal that is transmitted across that interface. Still researching.

Old 02-08-2011, 10:04 AM

If you have a ten pin male socket connector, I have many of the mating female socket connectors and the pins.

Old 02-13-2011, 09:26 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by stevepaa
Ron, you have the same connector as testpoint. The connector is a 14 pin yellow 070 type located below center console.

Your connections should be
+12 v bat pin 4 brown with red stripe wire
+12v ign pin 5 green wire,
mute pin 6 blue wire,
audio + pin 7 blue wire,
audio - pin 8 blue with yellow stripe wire,
mic+ pin 1 white wire,
mic-, pin 3 green wire, and
mic sheath pin 2, braided
Hi, Just joined and am interested in this thread. I have the yellow connecter and pins 1,3,4,5,6,7,8,and 9 are as you describe. However pin 2 has a yellow cable (not braided). I also have pin 10 green wire and pin 11 green/white which you do not refer to. My car is a 2001 XKR coupe and does not have and has never had a factory fitted phone. Here are the questions:
-What are the two additional cables (pin 10 and 11 for) ?
-Does the pin 2 yellow and not braided as you describe mean I have no wiring loom connection the mic (when fitted) in the overhead panel ?
-Can I connect either the Motorola T605 or Parrot CK3100 to this connector ? or if not what do I need to do to recieve calls and get the audio to mute (I have the alpine premium system, no nav system) from what I have read so far it seems I will require an interconnecting cable/plug arrangement ?
A big ask for my first question as a new member I guess - still as they say if you dont ask you dont get, Eitherway thanks a squillion. Endressen 2001 XKR low miles and X type estate big miles

Old 02-13-2011, 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by endressen
Hi, Just joined and am interested in this thread. I have the yellow connecter and pins 1,3,4,5,6,7,8,and 9 are as you describe. However pin 2 has a yellow cable (not braided). I also have pin 10 green wire and pin 11 green/white which you do not refer to. My car is a 2001 XKR coupe and does not have and has never had a factory fitted phone. Here are the questions:
-What are the two additional cables (pin 10 and 11 for) ?
-Does the pin 2 yellow and not braided as you describe mean I have no wiring loom connection the mic (when fitted) in the overhead panel ?
-Can I connect either the Motorola T605 or Parrot CK3100 to this connector ? or if not what do I need to do to recieve calls and get the audio to mute (I have the alpine premium system, no nav system) from what I have read so far it seems I will require an interconnecting cable/plug arrangement ?
A big ask for my first question as a new member I guess - still as they say if you dont ask you dont get, Eitherway thanks a squillion. Endressen 2001 XKR low miles and X type estate big miles
Hi, endress here again, just had another dig around in the centre armrest, the pin 2 yellow cable connection is in fact braided, difficult to see as the braiding doesnt start untill the cable is bunched up amongst a lot of other cables. Also checked in the overhead consol - found a small blue two pin connector with one green and one white cable connected to it (bothcables braided). This now poses another question: if a mic was connected to these cables would the parrot or motorola unit connect via the center armrest cable connections ?
I have a bad feeling i am asking these questions in the wrong place - HELP.!!!!!!!

Old 02-13-2011, 11:20 PM
Veteran member
Received 1,151 Likes on 753 Posts

endressen, do you have your electrical schematic for your year car? if not, it will be in the jaguar technical information system cd...if you don't have one, you can pick one up on ebay.uk pretty cheap. Works very well. If you need it in a pinch, i can split off the pdf for your year and email it to you...but you'll have to put your email addy here, as you don't have PM priviledges yet. I'll delete your addy afterwards so a bot can't grab it.

Old 02-13-2011, 11:31 PM

It is possible to use the overhead mic position and the use the connections in the armrest. I did this but later changed my mic position to the left A pillar as there was too much noise overhead.

+1 Get the wiring diagrams. It helps a lot. I'll look later this week.

Last edited by stevepaa; 02-14-2011 at 09:45 AM.
Old 02-14-2011, 10:44 AM

Thanks h20boy and stevpaa for a very quick input, as you both suggested i located the elec drawings and have found the 11 cable connections from the 14 pin yellow 070 connector under the centre arm rest. It looks like pin 10 is connected to the radio/cassette head unit same as pins 6,7,8,9. pin 11 goes to earth - so i have answered my own question about pins 10 and 11.
As i read earlier in the thread removing the yellow connector to splice wires is almost impossible due to cable length, some one suggested that a hyundai connector would fit ? has anyone tried this or is there another connection alternative ?
Finally, when connecting either a motorola t605 or the parrot ck3100 (any advise on which is best ?) will all 11 cables be connected and are straight forward cable connection instructions given ?
Once again thanks for your help
Stevepaa, you said you utilised the mic wiring initially, did you need to splice the wires or did you get a plug connector ?

Old 02-14-2011, 11:44 AM

I found a plug connector. Send me a pm if you would like me to send it to you to try out.

Can you post a pic of the 14 pin connector? I may have a mate for it.

Last edited by stevepaa; 02-14-2011 at 09:24 PM.
Old 02-14-2011, 11:54 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,988 Likes on 2,125 Posts

Originally Posted by endressen
Thanks h20boy and stevpaa for a very quick input, as you both suggested i located the elec drawings and have found the 11 cable connections from the 14 pin yellow 070 connector under the centre arm rest. It looks like pin 10 is connected to the radio/cassette head unit same as pins 6,7,8,9. pin 11 goes to earth - so i have answered my own question about pins 10 and 11.
As i read earlier in the thread removing the yellow connector to splice wires is almost impossible due to cable length, some one suggested that a hyundai connector would fit ? has anyone tried this or is there another connection alternative ?
Finally, when connecting either a motorola t605 or the parrot ck3100 (any advise on which is best ?) will all 11 cables be connected and are straight forward cable connection instructions given ?
Once again thanks for your help
Stevepaa, you said you utilised the mic wiring initially, did you need to splice the wires or did you get a plug connector ?
I have not actually tried it, but from the photo this sure looks like the 14 pin connector:
http://www.nexxia.co.uk/product.asp?...egory=&section

Old 02-15-2011, 05:12 AM
Default Pictures of connectors

Have now taken pictures of the blue 2 pin connector in the overhead consol for the mic, and the yellow 14 pin connector under the centre armrest. Not sure how to upload them, according to the forum info I should go to the main thread side and upload from there ? maybe I dont have access yet.
Checked the picture of the Hyudai connector, and as you say it looks the same - might not fit though. Will send a picture to nexia and see what they think. Cheers endressen

Old 02-15-2011, 10:06 AM

endressen, click on my name in post 29 and see if you can send a message to me with your email.

Old 02-15-2011, 10:18 AM
Veteran member
Received 1,151 Likes on 753 Posts

Reply to this thread, 5 more times...then PM should be accessible. If you want to 'link' a picture, from a free site like photobucket.com, or similar, you may w/o restrictions hindering your progress.

Uploading an attachment, or viewing/downloading one, however, requires full member privileges.

Old 02-15-2011, 02:09 PM

Hey matt, is your interior grey? I have not seen that before. When you decide to sell, pm me.

Old 02-16-2011, 10:51 AM

Hi stevepaa, my yellow 14 pin connector is the same as the picture posted #16 by test point, spoke to Nexia yesterday, they do not have the connection cable for this connector, I sent them a pictures of it and they are going to check and get back to me. In the meantime i found what i believe is the correct male half of the connector on Simtek.uk web site. I have ordered one and will advise if it is correct - heres hoping !
Cheers,
Endressen

Old 02-16-2011, 11:20 AM

endreseen, would you like the mic connector. i have it with a mic jack attachment on it. I can send it to you and you can see if you like that place for the mic or not.

Old 02-16-2011, 07:37 PM

Woo Hoo! I found my answer. I now have Jaguar bluetooth! I weighed all the options, but none gave me the steering wheel controls, so I decided to try the Jaguar option. It was a little more expensive, but truely plug and play. I have the factory phone option, so I assumed I already had the PSE - I did! I purchased the bluetooth module from JaguarCenterparts.com for $170 and they got it to me within 3 days. I pulled out the old phone and plugged the bluetooth module into the same connector (didn't need the antenna plug). I was able to pair my blackberry and use all steering and radio controls. I wasn't sure it would work, but it did and I didn't have to cut a single wire!

The following users liked this post:
DaleD (02-17-2011)
Old 02-17-2011, 03:23 AM
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Hi Jaggrnxk8,

I would most interested to know the part Number of the bluetooth unit you fitted to your car,
As I also have a 2005 XK8 with the motorola 8989 fixed phone system installed by jaguar.

And would like to install the Jaguar bluetooth system, I have been advised the car is prewired for it.

But have been unable to track doen the correct part & were it is installed, the current system is fittrf under the rear seat & the hand set in the arm rest.

Regards

Redpoptop

Old 02-17-2011, 09:44 AM

Nexia did not get back to me about the 14 pin connector, HOWEVER, the 14 pin male connector i ordered yesterday from Simtek UK Ltd. arrived in the post today, have just tried it and it fits to the yellow 14 pin connector under the centre armsest; here for those interested is the info copied from the Simtek web page, here is the link.
Test point if you still require info on the 14 pin femail connector, it is on the same page (white not yellow), Cheers Endressen
http://www.simtekuk.co.uk/www.simtek...way+connectors

ID: CON-147
070 Multilock 14 way male connector complete with terminals.
15A Current Rating.
Price: £1.52 (ex vat) £1.82 (inc vat)

Last edited by endressen; 02-17-2011 at 09:57 AM. Reason: half the text i wrote did not show ?
Old 02-17-2011, 08:45 PM

Redpoptop,
The part number is C2S49706 and the website is http://www.jaguarmerriamparts.com/pa...?siteid=215718

Search for the part number, you won't find it by searching for a bluetooth module. I was real pleased with how fast they got me the part and it took 15 minutes to install. My handset was in the center armrest, too and installed the BT module under the tray, freeing up the center tray. I also downloaded the operators manual from another post: https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=49362 Post #2, to get the passkey to allow phone pairing. It does not give you the auxillary input for an MP3, but I didn't need that. Good luck!

Barbara

The following users liked this post:
DaleD (02-17-2011)

Quick Reply: Need to install bluetooth cell phone in XK8